PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LOL Marino + Sharpe out @ CBS [Post Edit -2/24- Be Careful w/ Premie Celebration :( ]

I will miss Sharpe's highlight play-by-play. He couldn't keep up, so he was always close to five seconds behind, stumbling on his words about a previously shown passing TD while we watched something entirely different. Sometimes he would stop where he was at, skip ahead, admitting verbal defeat. Always made me laugh.

Mike Tyson is a more articulate person than Sharpe.

Even if Gonzales sucks, the show will improve dramatically. Marino was aweful, but Sharpe's suckage is off the charts. It's about frickin time those two were canned.

Even if Gonzales sucks, the show will improve dramatically. Marino was aweful, but Sharpe's suckage is off the charts. It's about frickin time those two were canned.
Plus, Sharpe is more current on players. Sharpe was really out of date with the league. Randy Moss could be entertaining :).

Gonzalez I bet will be good. he has always been a very articulate guy.

Being interesting and engaging on live tv is a tougher challenge than it seems. Even a guy like Steve Young with the full package of smarts, looks and Hall of Fame credentials can be a dud as a "personality." But if I had to put money on one guy as a natural, it would be Tony Gonzalez.

Marino was aweful, but Sharpe's suckage is off the charts.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I thought Marino was even more painful to watch than Sharpe. He looked SO nervous and uncomfortable, even after years in the job.

OT: Rodney Harrison is the most engaging, natural and provocative ex-player to hit the screen in years. Somebody increase his air time!

"Shannon not the Sharpe-est knife in the drawer" :lol: good one..

Sharpe had the balls to consistently offer hard opinions in a way that nobody else does. CBS's show will lose something without having that.

I don't mind Marino. Sharpe is a giant dbag though.

That leaves an empty seat next to Coach Cowher for Peyton Manning to goober it up as an on-air personality.

They can put a sign in front of him that says "Well, at least I won one against Rex Grossman, that must count for something, right?"

Being interesting and engaging on live tv is a tougher challenge than it seems. Even a guy like Steve Young with the full package of smarts, looks and Hall of Fame credentials can be a dud as a "personality." But if I had to put money on one guy as a natural, it would be Tony Gonzalez.

Imagine Gronk :p

Sharpe had the balls to consistently offer hard opinions in a way that nobody else does. CBS's show will lose something without having that.

Unfortunately my iPhone translate app is not up to the task of letting me know what he's saying.
I'm probably in the minority of fans who found his National Guard schtick funny, painful but funny.

Unfortunately my iPhone translate app is not up to the task of letting me know what he's saying.
I'm probably in the minority of fans who found his National Guard schtick funny, painful but funny.

It was kinda funny.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I thought Marino was even more painful to watch than Sharpe. He looked SO nervous and uncomfortable, even after years in the job.

OT: Rodney Harrison is the most engaging, natural and provocative ex-player to hit the screen in years. Somebody increase his air time!

NBC far and away the best pre game show. And Rodney Harrison a huge reason for that.

Marino was just a waste. It was like "Let's go to Dan so he can state the painfully obvious and stuff that everyone will forget three seconds after he says it because it wasn't worth listening to in the first place."

Sharpe tried to say outrageous things because he was the guy on the panel to say outrageous things. Every pregame show has at least one.

NBC far and away the best pre game show. And Rodney Harrison a huge reason for that.
Harrison is the only reason I really watch that also the fact that no other game is on lol but he's by far my favorite.

This is actually true, even if I didn't care much for Sharpe. I always noticed he was the only one who would challenge the vanilla NFL-penned narrative on many things, including hard things like concussions, before the rest of the cast (particularly the cast-as-milquetoast James Brown) would steer the conversation back on script.

On one of their last shows they were discussing legacies and great quarterbacks and Shannon opined something like a quarterback was not great if they never won a Super Bowl. Marino's head shot up and his face went dark and he sputtered something but Shannon talked over him. Maybe there were arguments or bad feelings after that and they dumped them.

Harrison is the only reason I really watch that also the fact that no other game is on lol but he's by far my favorite.

Love all 3 of the nbc pregame. Rodney, Dan and tony have a great dynamic, very comic in a lovable family way. Rodney's always busting coach's butt and coach has this look of "c'mon Rodney, gimme a break"

Good. Every time Sharpe came up I just wanted to feed him a carrot so he'd shut the **** up.

that's very insensitive of you, Brady FTW...bailiff, 15 whacks with the rod of correction across the offender's prostrated buttocks, if you will...and next time, Mr FTW, any lapse in appropriate PC correctness on this fan message board will be met with swift, harsh remediation!!!

Next case.....!

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back