PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LOL: Hillis considering giving up NFL for CIA job

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know why this is a big deal, dude wants to be able to lift his hands to feed himself when hes 45...

Uh oh the truth finally comes out. No, Hillis did not want to retire, and he didnt want to join the CIA.

Cleveland Browns RB Peyton Hillis says CIA story false, would take discount to stay with team | cleveland.com

That's ridiculous," he said. "I never one time mentioned anything to any coach about retirement or joining the CIA or anything like that. It's 100 percent false. I don't know who came up with a story like that, but they should've come up with a better one to make it sound more legit."
Hillis said coach Pat Shurmur saying Thursday night that he never heard anything about Hillis' retirement or joining the CIA proves his point.

This guy put up numbers like Ray Rice 2 years ago. 4.4YPC in the toughest division to run against in NFL, with no passing game to complement him, so the opposition could stack up the box against him. And he still produced.
Great catcher in the backfield.
Very good blocker.
Big redzone threat.
Always falls forward, can move the pile on his own.
Takes more than one guy to bring him down.
A powerback to help control the clock.

Cut Stinko, release BJGE and there is plenty of money to sign Hillis.

Uh oh the truth finally comes out. No, Hillis did not want to retire, and he didnt want to join the CIA.

Cleveland Browns RB Peyton Hillis says CIA story false, would take discount to stay with team | cleveland.com

That's ridiculous," he said. "I never one time mentioned anything to any coach about retirement or joining the CIA or anything like that. It's 100 percent false. I don't know who came up with a story like that, but they should've come up with a better one to make it sound more legit."
Hillis said coach Pat Shurmur saying Thursday night that he never heard anything about Hillis' retirement or joining the CIA proves his point.

This guy put up numbers like Ray Rice 2 years ago. 4.4YPC in the toughest division to run against in NFL, with no passing game to complement him, so the opposition could stack up the box against him. And he still produced.
Great catcher in the backfield.
Very good blocker.
Big redzone threat.
Always falls forward, can move the pile on his own.
Takes more than one guy to bring him down.
A powerback to help control the clock.

Cut Stinko, release BJGE and there is plenty of money to sign Hillis.

BJGE is a free agent and his contract expires in about a week, you can't release a player not under contract.

Hillis doesn't bring anything more to the table than BJGE except his fumbling issues and his questionable work ethic, two things BJGE has never had an issue with.

He was accused of sitting out games with minor injuries and his teammates apparently felt the need to hold an intervention things got so bad.

NFL.com news: Browns veterans stage intervention to confront a spiraling Hillis

Hillis doesn't bring anything more to the table than BJGE except his fumbling issues and his questionable work ethic, two things BJGE has never had an issue with.

Peyton HILLIS Trucks Brandon SPIKES and Scores - YouTube
Peyton Hillis Highlight: Unstoppable (New Highlight) - YouTube
BJGE is a honest worker, and he never fumbles, but lets not kid ourselves, opposing defences are not exactly shaking in their pants at the thought of stopping BJGE.
Hillis is also a much bigger threat catching in the backfield that BJGE ever was.

He was accused of sitting out games with minor injuries and his teammates apparently felt the need to hold an intervention things got so bad.

NFL.com news: Browns veterans stage intervention to confront a spiraling Hillis

Fact is, Hillis was running hard for the Browns this last season, when he was not injured and not listening to stupid advices from his agent.

Cleveland Browns P.M. links: Peyton Hillis tied for 1st in NFL in most yards-gained-per-carry after contact | cleveland.com

Peyton Hillis tied for 1st in NFL in most yards-gained-per-carry after contact
Hillis and Montario Hardesty this season have run behind an offensive line featuring just two reliable players: left tackle Joe Thomas and center Alex Mack. And, with a rookie fullback, Owen Marecic, still trying to find his way.
According to ESPN Stats & Information, Hillis is tied with Maurice Jones-Drew for the most yards after contact (2.8) among running backs with at least 50 carries. Hardesty has shown flashes as a backup, but Hillis is the more proven commodity. Ignoring him in the offensive game plan is only hurting the offense.

Obvious BS the report that Hillis was not trying and not caring for the Browns, when he was running behind a bad OL line, and was tied for 1st in the NFL in most yards after contact. I somehow doubt that BJGE was tied for 2nd for most yards after contact.

Like I said, Hillis is not that easy to bring down, and it usually takes more than 1 player to do that. If you dont believe me, maybe you'll believe former head coach of the Raiders, Hue Jackson.
"I know this guy is a sensational runner," Jackson said. "He’s one of the better big backs in this league. One hit doesn’t bring this guy down. You have to gang tackle him. One guy can’t bring him down."
Shurmur Re-Iterates That Peyton Hillis Will See Bulk of Carries Against Raiders - Dawgs By Nature

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey