PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LOL: Hillis considering giving up NFL for CIA job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CIA or DEA

I could see DEA. You know the guy that knocks down doors with a battering ram? Hillis could be the battering ram. Plus, I bet he already has some leads on HGH dealers.

This guy is no Tillman. Just a big dumb animal talking sh!7.

maybe he's actually smarter than anyone here and wants to work in the counterfeit division

Maybe he's a genius...

that's going to design spaceships for NASA and make billions with an internet startup in his spare time, but I doubt it.

I also doubt he'll be working in the CIA's counterfeiting division. I'm pretty sure the Secret Service handles counterfeiting investigations. Maybe the FBI and local law enforcement help. Not the CIA. The CIA recruits really bright people from top schools, not roided out fullbacks who don't play well with others.

I've never met Hillis, I certainly don't have personal knowledge of his intellect. I've never even researched it. But everything that's been reported about what he's said and done in the past two years leads me to believe he's an arrogant, spoiled meathead.

I would HATE to see him on the Pats.

The Hillis smear campaign continues. What next? We'll probably find out that he eats small babies for dinner.

Who are those "team sources"? Why would he consider retirement and then put up another 100 yarder past the Ravens. Why would he consider retirement and still be involved in a contract battle? Idiot rumor is really idiot.

Character assassination at its finest.

Re: Maybe he's a genius...

But everything that's been reported about what he's said and done in the past two years leads me to believe he's an arrogant, spoiled meathead.

I would HATE to see him on the Pats.

Arrogant? Why is he arrogant? He put the team on his back in 2010, a team in a very tough division, helped the Browns hand the Pats one of only two losses in the regular season.

The smear campaign against him is getting ridiculous.

Pats badly need a battering ram like Hillis. I would love to have him on the Pats.

Arrogant? Why is he arrogant? He put the team on his back in 2010, a team in a very tough division, helped the Browns hand the Pats one of only two losses in the regular season.

The smear campaign against him is getting ridiculous.

Pats badly need a battering ram like Hillis. I would love to have him on the Pats.

Oooo..I dunno. He is a quitter and a fumbler.

I don't want him. He is a cancer and I highly doubt Josh McDaniels wants him either.

Rather than immediately labeling the guy a doofus/nutcase can we consider the possibility that maybe he values other things in life? Maybe he thinks that working at the CIA at some desk job would be a better use of his life than the ultimately pointless role of playing professional sports?

A well-lived life is one that has priorities which are not just maximizing earning and gaining the spotlight.

Listen,
Hillis is no dummy; He undoubtedly popped the DVD in and said to himself; :Do I want to keep on getting concussed and having the crap beat out of me, or... be NAXWELL SMART!!!" AND btw GET ANNE hATHAWAY!!
Get Smart - Rotten Tomatoes

Oooo..I dunno. He is a quitter and a fumbler.

I don't want him. He is a cancer and I highly doubt Josh McDaniels wants him either.

Quitter? How is he a quitter when he put the entire Browns on his back in 2010, when he was almost the whole offense, running or catching in the backfield. Came back at the end of this season to put another 100 yarder past the Ravens.

Josh Mc Daniels was the first to give Hillis a chance as a runner in the NFL. Those rumors about his wife are undoubtely false. No player can be that insane to do that. I don't think there's as much animosity between McDaniels and Hillis as you think it is. If McDaniels really wanted to bury Hillis, he would have buried him deep in the Broncos depth chart, not trade him to another team.

One thing's for sure: A person can just walk into a job at the CIA.

Rather than immediately labeling the guy a doofus/nutcase can we consider the possibility that maybe he values other things in life? Maybe he thinks that working at the CIA at some desk job would be a better use of his life than the ultimately pointless role of playing professional sports?

A well-lived life is one that has priorities which are not just maximizing earning and gaining the spotlight.

I hope you are right, for his sake.

Given that people have added other concerns about this guy to this thread, and it is now a general discussion about him, I wish I'd never started it.

What if he's actually in the CIA using professional football as a cover?

Mind blown.

Quitter? How is he a quitter when he put the entire Browns on his back in 2010, when he was almost the whole offense, running or catching in the backfield. Came back at the end of this season to put another 100 yarder past the Ravens.

Josh Mc Daniels was the first to give Hillis a chance as a runner in the NFL. Those rumors about his wife are undoubtely false. No player can be that insane to do that. I don't think there's as much animosity between McDaniels and Hillis as you think it is. If McDaniels really wanted to bury Hillis, he would have buried him deep in the Broncos depth chart, not trade him to another team.

Let's see. He in fact said he wanted to quit football to join the CIA.
He started *****ing about his contract right before the season started. He then had "strep throat" and sat out for few games and still claimed that his hammy was injured. Now it's strep throat. His center, Alex Mack, had his appendix removed, and played 2 weeks later.

He then proceeded to lose his locker room respect by "forgetting" to show up for a charity for blind kids, hosted by a former Browns player.

And Josh did not give him a chance to become a runner in the NFL. It was Mike Shannan. That's because in 2008, 4 of the Broncos RB were either injured or on IR. He got his chance.
I do not know if those rumors are true or not but if it is true,

Let's see. He in fact said he wanted to quit football to join the CIA.
Did you hear him say it? No one heard him saying it, only "anonymous sources".

He started *****ing about his contract right before the season started. He then had "strep throat" and sat out for few games and still claimed that his hammy was injured. Now it's strep throat. His center, Alex Mack, had his appendix removed, and played 2 weeks later.

His hammy was indeed injured. He tried to rush back and only made it worse. See Andre Johnson of Texans, how long it took him to came back from a hammy injury.

He then proceeded to lose his locker room respect by "forgetting" to show up for a charity for blind kids, hosted by a former Browns player.

LOL, the charity BS. "the poor blind kids". At least Hillis didnt ate them for dinner. Only that the kids were not so blind, and Hillis had bigger problems at that time, like the fact that he was injured. Hillis missed not only that charity, but also a podcast on an internet network with that formed Browns player. So he missed the whole event, probably because of a misunderstanding.
The event was on Halloween, Hillis could also had other commitments lined up before and could not attend this charity. Maybe his manager or agent forgot to tell him about this event. They also gave him poor advice and to sit a game because of that step-throat.
Anyway, the whole charity event was blown way out of proportion.

And Josh did not give him a chance to become a runner in the NFL. It was Mike Shannan. That's because in 2008, 4 of the Broncos RB were either injured or on IR. He got his chance.
I do not know if those rumors are true or not but if it is true,

He got his chance and he produced. Thats what he did every time he got a chance. I'm sure he will do the same for the Pats.

Joining the CIA?? Does the CIA actually want him or is he just like an 8 year old child saying they want to be an astronaut when they grow up??

I think I see where this CIA thing is going

Hillis suddenly quits the NFL to join the CIA

While at the CIA he learns and uses the latest spy techniques

Using access to NSA equipment Hillis penetrates the most secretive cabal in the world

He then sells the secret internal information on Belichick's Patriots to Roger Goodell

Goodell uses that information to issue a blizzard of edicts that the Patriots will invariably violate

Goodell fines the Patriots their entire draft, the $ to pay Hillis and exiles BB from the NFL

Mission Accomplished!

Last edited:

Did you hear him say it? No one heard him saying it, only "anonymous sources".
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that, according to a Browns source, Hillis told Browns coaches as recently as the end of the season that he was considering hanging it up and was pondering a CIA career during the season.

Are you calling Adam Schefter a liar?

His hammy was indeed injured. He tried to rush back and only made it worse. See Andre Johnson of Texans, how long it took him to came back from a hammy injury.
No. The "strep throat" business began in week 3. His hammy was injured but like most hamstring injuries, it's hard to distinguish how severe the injury is on a MRI.

LOL, the charity BS. "the poor blind kids". At least Hillis didnt ate them for dinner. Only that the kids were not so blind, and Hillis had bigger problems at that time, like the fact that he was injured. Hillis missed not only that charity, but also a podcast on an internet network with that formed Browns player. So he missed the whole event, probably because of a misunderstanding.
The event was on Halloween, Hillis could also had other commitments lined up before and could not attend this charity. Maybe his manager or agent forgot to tell him about this event. They also gave him poor advice and to sit a game because of that step-throat.
Anyway, the whole charity event was blown way out of proportion.

No. Charles Bentley invited him to that charity, heck he even called up Peyton before the event. And Peyton's manager is his brother. He cares about nothing but himself and his pay day.

He got his chance and he produced. Thats what he did every time he got a chance. I'm sure he will do the same for the Pats.

A RB who can't protect the ball? A RB who ran for 54yards in 13 rushes in 14 games under a Josh McD offense.

Pass. He wants a major pay day. Pats don't pay major bucks to a running back with attitude and self entitlement issues.

Are you calling Adam Schefter a liar?

When I consider how many times mediots invent stories with no grain of truth in them, possibly I could. And then I use my brain and wonder, if Hillis wanted to retire, Why was he still in the contract battle, and why did he go out at the end of the season to put up 2 more 100 yard game, one against the Ravens.

No. The "strep throat" business began in week 3. His hammy was injured but like most hamstring injuries, it's hard to distinguish how severe the injury is on a MRI.

Andre Johnson's hammy injury shows hammy injuries are not like appendix removals.

No. Charles Bentley invited him to that charity, heck he even called up Peyton before the event. And Peyton's manager is his brother.

That's not true. He didnt call up Hillis. He supposedly talked with his brother, but then again, I dont know how many days before the event. Maybe Hillis was invited in other places on Halloween, and forgot about this event. Maybe he didnt even knew about this former Brown player and his charity. What now, Hillis was supposed to know every former Brown player, and their charities? LOL
BJGE knows every former Patriot player, and their charities?

An event completely blown out of proportions, just another piece in the smear campaign against Hillis. And the kids were not blind. And he didnt ate them. And no, they aren't scarred for life because Hillis didn't gave them candy on Halloween.

He cares about nothing but himself and his pay day.

That's not true. Hillis attended every community event before and after this event. This event occurred in a period of turmoil for Hillis, when he had plenty of other things on his mind. He could have simply forgot about it.

About his payday, you could say the same about every other player in the league. Fact is, Hillis took a lot, A LOT of punishment in 2010 for the Browns and for the Browns fans, basically he was the whole offense, running and catching in the backfield, and in return what did he got? He ran in toughest div to run against in the entire NFL, and in return the Browns FO low-balled him the entire season this season, including spreading this idiotic rumor about CIA and retirement. The Browns tried to replace him with 2 bums until they realized that those 2 bums could not produce like Hillis. Then Hillis came back at the end of the season and put up 2 more 100 yard games, one of them past the Ravens.

A RB who can't protect the ball?

AP also had problems with fumblitis, he corrected it though. No reason why Hillis cant do the same.

A RB who ran for 54yards in 13 rushes in 14 games under a Josh McD offense.
Hillis also put 4.4 YPC in the toughest division to run against, playing under an offense directed by another of BB's former assistants, Mangini.

Pass. He wants a major pay day. Pats don't pay major bucks to a running back with attitude and self entitlement issues.

Cut Stinko, release BJGE, and there's plenty of money to sign Hillis. Hillis put up Ray Rice numbers in 2010. He would be a perfect fit for the Pats. The powerback to control the clock and make the opposing defences respect the running game.

Especially with a wonderlic score of 17.......

No matter what we think here. There is a need for ambitious, discrete and dedicated people to empty the trash, clean carpets, wash floors and tidy offices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back