PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LOL - Emmitt says his current Cowboys are just "mediocre".

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
:eek: :rolleyes:

Emmitt Smith: Current Cowboys are just 'mediocre'
7:17 PM Thu, Dec 04, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Brian Davis E-mail News tips

Emmitt Smith has one word for the current Cowboys.

"Mediocre."

The NFL's all-time leading rusher and three-time Super Bowl winner said Thursday he was disappointed in the team's 8-4 record. And he questions whether the current players have the fight in them to win in December and reach the playoffs.

"[I'm] disappointed because I saw this team being a lot better than it is," Smith said. "Chemistry has a lot to do with it. And for some reason, the chemistry of the Cowboys this year has been thrown off a little bit.

"Either there's too much salt in the gumbo or not enough meat in the gumbo. Something's wrong. Whatever it is, they need to get it corrected. It's just been a blah kind of season for me."

Smith gave his thoughts while attending an event at the new Cowboys stadium in Arlington. During a 10-minute interview, Smith questioned the team's toughness and their desire to win Super Bowls all while mixing in a Jimmy Johnson-style pep talk.

"When they beat San Francisco and the Seattle Seahawks, they were supposed to beat them," Smith said. "That's like beating the St. Louis Rams, who they lost to. I can't get excited. So now, this week is the litmus test for me to see how they handle the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"My last memory of the Cowboys being absolutely physical was when they got hit in the mouth by the Washington Redskins last year. Then they turned around and got hit in the mouth again by the New York Giants [in the playoffs]. That's not a good memory."

Smith believes the offensive line hasn't played well this season even though the offense ranks eighth in yards per game. The players in the trenches "have not been there for us," Smith said.

"I'm talking about the side that got our main guy [Tony Romo] hurt," he added. "I'm talking about the side that allowed the Arizona Cardinals to break a guy's foot. That stuff bugs me."

Smith said he sees 53 individuals, not one team.

"Are you just going to show up and think people are going to lay over for you," Smith said. "Are you reading all your press clippings that talk about how you're supposed to go to the Super Bowl and you forgot how to play the game? You forgot your love and your passion. You've got to bring all those things to the table.

"The money comes when you go places. I'm looking for guys that are hungry to make their mark in history. And that's by winning Super Bowls. That's making a defining moment."

Yeah, how dare he say that about a team that's behind the Atlanta Falcons and not even in the playoffs right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back