PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LOL. Borges finally gets his scoop

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl:

Thanks for condensing Borges, I wanted to enjoy the sunshine today and this post helps!

Yeah but

It's the second good column by Borges in a row (along with his CBA backgrounder). maybe he's changed up his meds?

PatsWorldChamps said:
So he milks it out for 7 pages, and despite all the prose, fails to mention givens' agent is also his own agent.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/03/16/inside_the_givens_talks/?page=1

Patriots Insider: Ron Borges (talk about oxymorons)

Wooooahh!!!! I didn't know the part that the agent is his agent also.

Borges is completely unethical. One would expect at least some sort of disclosure.

The piece was a good piece, but the lack of that important disclosure is definitely a breach of journalism ethics and is a very cynical treatment of the Boston Globe readers.

I would hope the Globe management looks very closely at this.

shmessy said:
but the lack of that important disclosure is definitely a breach of journalism ethics

I didn't know there was such a thing as "journalism ethics".

shmessy said:
definitely a breach of journalism ethics and is a very cynical treatment of the Boston Globe readers.

You do realize it's Borges they're talking about?

Michael said:
You do realize it's Borges they're talking about?

No doubt, I agree with your point. Borges' opinions have their history. However the disclosure requirement is not as subjective, it is more cut and dried and is a responsibility that also is shouldered by Boston Globe management. So my criticism is not so much against Borges (kind of like yelling at a 2 year old for throwing a tantrum - that's what they do) it's against his "parents" - the Globe Management for enabling the journalistic breach by not inserting a disclosure.

shmessy said:
No doubt, I agree with your point. Borges' opinions have their history. However the disclosure requirement is not as subjective, it is more cut and dried and is a responsibility that also is shouldered by Boston Globe management. So my criticism is not so much against Borges (kind of like yelling at a 2 year old for throwing a tantrum - that's what they do) it's against his "parents" - the Globe Management for enabling the journalistic breach by not inserting a disclosure.

Well The Globe has its history too. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye