Welcome to PatsFans.com

Logically & Morally, we can not bail out Mexico

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, May 2, 2009.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

We don't have any money left. If anything, the world should "pass the hat" if they need money. But why do I feel Obama will give them money?

We also have no idea how this flu will affect our own economy over the next year or so. How could we even consider this? At this point, I want my tax dollars spent on Americans. How about their drug cartels kick in some dough? :D

Thoughts?
    Last edited: May 2, 2009
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 4 / -2

Votes bro. Votes.
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

Americans (like us) don't give a rat's arse about votes!:mad:
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 4 / -2

Say what? Are you kidding? Ask Patters if he feels that way. I can guarantee you a sizable element of each party wants to do anything, and everything possible to secure the latino vote. You and I don't matter. They will do whatever they want, and fukc whoever they have to, if it means guaranteeing power. Illegal immigration has nothing to do with "a better life". It has everything to do with securing the largest growing voting block. Any handout to Mexico, would be a part of that.
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

I'm a life-long democrat, but what you just wrote is very sad, but true.
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

And the reason we have not normalized relations with Cuba.. do not want to loose that florida vote..
  7. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

What happened to the moral part?
  8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

The moral part is our gov't has already spent too much money and in-debted our children and grandchildren. It would be MORALLY wrong to;

1. Further in-debt them for the cause of another nation
    2. Give Mexico money when we don't even know what our own final cost of this epidemic will be.
    3. This would set a dangerous precendent. We don't owe Mexico more help than any other nation, so if we help them, are we going to give money to all the other countries? :eek:

THAT'S the moral part Mr Godef.

It would be morally right for their drug lords to bail them out...in my opinion.
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

chickened out on replying to my reply? ;)
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Reign... are you the Joe Lieberman of this forum? Or did we all completely misunderstand your apparent anti con-man belief system initially?
  11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

PC, I'd just prefer if you just asked me a direct question so I can address it for you. I have always stated that I believe that anyone who has an all liberal or all conservative belief system is either lying or taking the easy way out and just following a platform (not a free thinker).

I have said (several times) that I'm a moderate democrat who believes;

not a fan of huge corporations
    I'm for securing our borders & developing a immigration policy we STRICTLY adhere to.
    Am pro-choice
    Support same-sex marriage but don't care if it's called marriage
    Against increased gov't spending
    Voted for Obama
    Would fully support capital punishment if the system could be infallible
    Very pro environment especially regarding preserving clean water, national parks and forests.
    Enthusiastically support "taking care of Americans first with Americans' money"

I've NEVER said I'm liberal. It depends upon the issue as it should with everyone. The only one who should care what I believe in is me.

So, would you support bailing out Mexico mi hombre? If so, where would you draw the line in regards to financial support for other nations in a time where we have no money to give.

Now, what is it that is perplexing you?

On another note, have you ever watched Mike Brown or Miguel Torres fight? The are both members of the WEC/MMA and are incredible.
    Last edited: May 3, 2009
  12. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Do you really think I spend my beautiful-Saturday-afternoons indoor surfing the net? I DO have a life. You're really anxious bout this, aren't you?

Your morality play is way overblown. Morality says we help them out. However, it may not be pratical nor sensible because of our own economic woes.
  13. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

not anxious at all. But since you made the comment you did, I was hoping you'd reply.

Fair enough...but I see morality like this...2 parents have 3 children and one becomes unemployed. Meanwhile the husband's sister gets laid off and they're having a hard time paying their bills. But this family has the choice of helping the sister's family or paying their own bills and feeding their children as they no longer have any "disposable" income.

The moral of the story (to me) is that your responsibilities lie first at home.

Also, your comment sounds like you agree with me as the "practicality" you refer to is actually morality. In prosperous times, of course we help our neighbors.
    Last edited: May 3, 2009
  14. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Sorry. It's just that I think you're a bit over the top with this moral thing. You've taken a hot topic issue and did nothing more than politicized it more than it may already be by throwing the M word.
  15. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 12 / -2

I am classified as a NEO-CON on this board.
    I actually agree with PatriotsReign on almost every issue he outlined.
    The only 2 issues I did not agree with.
    I am pro-life & I did not vote for Obama.
    I voted for Bob Barr because I just could not vote for McCain.
    I liked Barr because he is small goverment and he did not have the usual
    "legalize all drugs" libertarian view.
  16. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

Politicize it? Really? I think you're just making assumptions. I am one member who hates to politicize any issue. I believe all issues/problems should be evaluated on their merits.

But upon what basis should we evaluate bailing out Mexico? I believe (like most issues) our decision making should be based upon principals and morals.

So rather than attacking me personally, why don't you just state your own opinion? Or tell me what you think was wrong with my statement considering I have no desire to make this a political issue.
  17. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 6 / -8

Cite the news report stating that "bailing out Mexico" is a policy option at all, will ya? This one reads like "America should not build a fleet of lava-burrowing ships to go to the center of the earth." Okay fine, but who said we should? Internationally the "moral" and "logical" question has been whether the world should help bail out America. The answer has been "yes, a little, and we have to do it in a way that says we didn't do it."
  18. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Best single solution to Mexico.

Make it the next State.

The southern Mexico Border is a small fraction compared the the current Mexico American border. Securing it would be 10 times easier.

Mexico, and it's land, and beaches, would make a HUGE real estate boom occur in Mexico if the laws, and protection and economy was that of America.

Mexico simply put is a failed state. How possibly could a country not succeed being next to the most successful country ever? Seriously? Simply by association Mexico should be a solid successful country.

I also believe you could fix a TON of Africa's problems, by Having America Buy 10,000 X 10,000 acres from someone and look for people who want to build a new state around the world. The security, principles, and innovation Americans could bring would be contagious.
  19. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Yes, P-O-L-I-T-I-C-I-Z-E-D politicized it. The moralness that you speak of is inherent. It should be obvious to anyone that the moral choice would be to help out a troubled neighbor. But due to our own problems, this may not be possible, so we unfortunately cannot do the "moral" thing. But the title of your thread says that based on morality, we can not bail out Mexico, IE it would be IMMORAL to bail out Mexico. Never mind real morality, this even goes against Christian morality.
  20. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Ooh, I don't know about that, presuming you're not saying this tongue-in-cheek. East Germany almost destroyed West Germany economically when the two states merged back into a single country. I know this may contradict the tome in my other posts in this thread, but at the least, now is not the time to consider that.