PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Logan Mankins underwent ACL surgery after Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
God I feel bad for him, everyone's been bashing on him while he's been toughing a torn ACL.

If he was hurt during the game it doesnt excuse him for whiffing on Tuck the first play from scrimmage.

why oh why did he not come off the field.??????????????????????

I'm shocked not more are saying this. Yea, he's a tough guy for playing through pain. Great. But we lost the Super Bowl. Did people forget that?

Because he was pass blocking well? Less pressure on your knees when you are fending off people coming right at you? Having to move a 300 pound guy a few yards upfield puts a lot more stress on your legs than preventing them from getting to your QB.

apparently you didn't bother reading Deus' post earlier. At least one other poster (besides me) would disagree with you......

That would go a long way towards explaining his failure to pick up Tuck on that stunt where he was standing alone and tried to stop tuck with his arms instead of moving his body.

If he was hurt during the game it doesnt excuse him for whiffing on Tuck the first play from scrimmage.

It excuses Welker, who was so worried for his health he forgot to catch.

Just so people know, a partial ACL tear is actually sometimes not terribly painful. No doubt Mankins is one tough dude, but it may have affected him more in terms of weakness than pain. Just another thing that went against us that game.

Guess you owe mankins an apology ... :rolleyes:

Ya, the minute he apologizes for letting Tuck get that safety! If he had told the trainers the truth maybe we have a healthy guard playing the SB and we win.....exactly WHY am I supposed to apologize? He isnt getting 8 million "atta boys", he makes like $8M/yr right? Whats he worth without that ACL?:bricks:

shalise manza young ‏ @shalisemyoung

talked to Dr. Daniel Kharrazi of @kerlanjobe about Mankins - said Mankins would not have had ACL surgery if he'd suffered only partial tear

Kerlanjobe is the clinic where Brady's ACL surgery was done.

Def shows some serious toughness but the ACL injury wouldnt effect him as much as you would think.

He's a fantastic player during the regular season and I hope he recovers ASAP.

Having said that, it's funny how the Pats never had o-line problems in critical playoff games or Super Bowls with Joe Andruzzi or even Mike Compton, and yet the "best guard in football" always seems to stink up the joint in big games, except for this Super Bowl of course since he was hurt. The 2007 AFCCG, SB42, and the losses to Baltimore and the Jets both come to mind.

Looks like offensive guard may now have become the highest offensive priority in the 2012 NFL Draft for the New England Patriots.

apparently you didn't bother reading Deus' post earlier. At least one other poster (besides me) would disagree with you......

What a bizarre post.

That happened on the first play of the game, prior to his getting hurt.

So why would you pull Mankins before he got hurt?

Do you realize that someone asked me why Mankins wasn't pulled earlier if he was hurt? And I wrote that he was doing fine, even while hurt, in pass protection. After all, Brady set the record for consecutive completions in the Super Bowl.

Kerlanjobe is the clinic where Brady's ACL surgery was done.

So, just to reset the thread then, LM had a full tear of his ACL and required surgery (obviously).

The initial news/reports yesterday claimed that it was a partial tear, which had a healing period of 3 months. That did not worry me as much.

I take it that is now very untrue, and we can start to assume that he'll start the year on PUP, if all goes well.

As others have mentioned, an interior OL pick (which some had expected anyway) now looks to have increased odds.

What a bizarre post.

That happened on the first play of the game, prior to his getting hurt.

So why would you pull Mankins before he got hurt?

Do you realize that someone asked me why Mankins wasn't pulled earlier if he was hurt? And I wrote that he was doing fine, even while hurt, in pass protection. After all, Brady set the record for consecutive completions in the Super Bowl.

"bizarre"...... hhhuuhhh???

what is bizarre is you can't remmeber who you are talking to.
3 posts in sequence:
You post; I quote you (ending with below question), you quote me;

BY ME = Gumby
Let the guy who is 100% even if only 80-90% of your talent play. Why didn't BOB sit him or he sit himself????

Then I ask why you think he was playing so good in pass protection when others obviously DONT THINK SO.

Now the first question is by SOMEBODY and you conveniently change the question from the SOMEBODY (me by the way - "mind if we call me Bruce just to keep things straight" - M.P.) to mean bruce is asking why Logan didn't sit BEFORE THE GAME. and then you accuse 'bruce' of being bizarre. ?????????????

To ensure you fully understand - WHY DIDNT HE SIT AFTER HE GOT HURT; we are supposedly a team of DEPTH?
-same question, different day.

and by the way; how does TB being TB grade out as LM providing adequate or better pass protection than his backup??? Maybe TB has a Montana performace in a romp with the backup - who would know now.

So, just to reset the thread then, LM had a full tear of his ACL and required surgery (obviously).

The initial news/reports yesterday claimed that it was a partial tear, which had a healing period of 3 months. That did not worry me as much.

I take it that is now very untrue, and we can start to assume that he'll start the year on PUP, if all goes well.

As others have mentioned, an interior OL pick (which some had expected anyway) now looks to have increased odds.

He may be ready for football activity by camp, doubt he is ready to play. Wes went down in January and he was barely ready in camp and pre season and not himself for most of that season. Brady went down in September and was throwing in February but still not himself early in the season. Rehabbing the injury is all consuming and barring setback you can't start doing football conditioning for 5-6 months. And that's based on recent injuries to guys who are not heavyweights and who are not planting vs. contact with guys of equal or greater weight by design. That would lead me to assume assuming him ready for the season let alone camp would be a stretch. And given his recent contract and guarantees I'd be real wary of rushing that guy back...because if it goes bad you're on the hook for a lot of money...

So yeah, PUP is a very real possibility.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey