PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Logan Mankins underwent ACL surgery after Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats why I hate to criticize anyone when they have a bad game or look bad on some plays, with this team you just never know.
Im sure his knee hurt but being who he his he kept on playing as best he could.

Inj happened early in SB. Mankins is a beast and according to Rap it was a partial tear and recovery time is 3 mos.

This may be the most important comment in the thread.

I didn't read the article yet, so I appreciate your update.

Hopefully it will not be quite as bad as it potentially could have been, and the surgery was successful etc.

If the average recovery time is 3 months, that would take us into the early period of May. Considering the fact that the season is 7 months away from the surgery, he may indeed be able to attend TC and start the season.

Re: Mankins has surgery for torn ACL

That sucks big time. Now we know why Gallery was signed.

Maybe PUP, but should be back in 2012.

Man, that's a bit of a dark cloud over the FA happyfest we've been having. If anyone can get back early I'd bet on Mankins to do it. He better not be roping any jackrabbits this spring!

Meh...what did we pay him again? Wasn't much less than Nicks right?

One day I'd like to play the Giants in the Super Bowl without one of our star guards being injured...

Hmmmm..... maybe Logan goes on P.U.P. until midseason, that does make more sense now.

Thats what I was thinking but it's not believed to be a full tear so the recovery time might not be that bad.

Did not think that he was as dominating as he was previously, now it makes more sense..

I've been a bit critical of Mankins since he signed his long term deal, but I've got a ton of respect for the guy. To do what he did was incredible, what a beast.

Fair play for playing through...he's a tough son of a gun!

Still...he was pretty sub par all year so it doesn't go an entirely long way to explaining what was up last season.

Last edited:
Damn... I get that the dude is a badass, but how do you not realize your ACL is torn? How is that even possible? Wow.

I would imagine it was a partial tear of ACL...Because when u are dealing with a complete rupture of the ACL, the instability is VERY noticeable. ( when welk's and brady's popped...they were down and out for example )Now if he did have a knee brace on that knee already , I suppose he could have made it thru the game...but generally unlikely..

This explains one key play in the game (and I've been blaming that play on Bill O'Brien).

Late in the game, right before the ill-fated drop/throw to Welker, O'Brien sent a jumbo package onto the field after the Patriots had gone pass happy on the Giants, going for the kill, by taking the ball from their own 7 yard line to the Giants 45. It looked like the Patriots were going to try to take the air out of the ball and pound the Giants. But it took momentum away from what they had been doing successfully: using the no huddle offense to throw short passes and wear the Giants down.

The Giants countered by sending 10 men to the line to play the run. Other than the TEs who were tight to the line, there was no receiving threat. The Giants run blitzed and Mankins totally whiffed on his man allowing a defender to stone BJGE for a 3 yard loss.

2nd and 13: Brady to Welker: drop.
3rd and 13: Brady to Branch: incomplete.
PUNT

I blame it on O'Brien but it was the hurting Mankins who was beat on that play.

This explains one key play in the game (and I've been blaming that play on Bill O'Brien).

Late in the game, right before the ill-fated drop/throw to Welker, O'Brien sent a jumbo package onto the field after the Patriots had gone pass happy on the Giants, going for the kill, by taking the ball from their own 7 yard line to the Giants 45. It looked like the Patriots were going to try to take the air out of the ball and pound the Giants. But it took momentum away from what they had been doing successfully: using the no huddle offense to throw short passes and wear the Giants down.

The Giants countered by sending 10 men to the line to play the run. Other than the TEs who were tight to the line, there was no receiving threat. The Giants run blitzed and Mankins totally whiffed on his man allowing a defender to stone BJGE for a 3 yard loss.

2nd and 13: Brady to Welker: drop.
3rd and 13: Brady to Branch: incomplete.
PUNT

I blame it on O'Brien but it was the hurting Mankins who was beat on that play.

All well and good to hail Mankins as a tough guy and to blame BOB/Mankins for play calling or injury blowing up the play........BUT

at a certain point when your star guy is 70% and giving up pressures and runs for losses WHEN YOU ARE A TEAM THAT DOES EVERYTHING CAP WISE AND ROSTER WISE TO HAVE DEPTH (to almost a POINT OF PRIDE);
.......... why oh why did he not come off the field.??????????????????????

Let the guy who is 100% even if only 80-90% of your talent play. Why didn't BOB sit him or he sit himself????

All well and good to hail Mankins as a tough guy and to blame BOB/Mankins for play calling or injury blowing up the play........BUT

at a certain point when your star guy is 70% and giving up pressures and runs for losses WHEN YOU ARE A TEAM THAT DOES EVERYTHING CAP WISE AND ROSTER WISE TO HAVE DEPTH (to almost a POINT OF PRIDE);
.......... why oh why did he not come off the field.??????????????????????

Let the guy who is 100% even if only 80-90% of your talent play. Why didn't BOB sit him or he sit himself????

Because he was pass blocking well? Less pressure on your knees when you are fending off people coming right at you? Having to move a 300 pound guy a few yards upfield puts a lot more stress on your legs than preventing them from getting to your QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back