Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I neglected to share this after the last Dolphins game: My seats are in section 227 row 12 (mezzanine level) about halfway up the stadium. You can hear some of what happens on the field -- punts, ref whistles, etc. -- but not much beyond that. Which is why I won't soon forget one play, a running play, where Logan Mankins pulled and smacked a Dolphins lineman dead-on shoulder to chest making the loudest pad *POP!* I've heard in 17 years as a season ticket holder. It was awesome. Mankins is one stud mofo on that offensive line; the guy brings it and means business. I hope we sign him long term soon.

Last edited:
Wonder if there is some type of deal in place, and it will be announced at the end of the season.. everyone saves face that way.

He is playing like a beast...

If they don't sign anyone else..Mankins is a must !

Is Gostkowski due to be a FA after the season? I believe Matt Light is also...

If they don't sign anyone else..Mankins is a must !

Is Gostkowski due to be a FA after the season? I believe Matt Light is also...

Pretty sure Gost is locked up through 2014 or somesuch.

I agree totally. I don't if it sounds weird saying he is underrated, because we all know he isn't. Us Patriots fans know his play. Outside the NE fan base you don't hear a lot about him. When he came back the offensive line play was and is awesome.

I hope we resign him. He is sure helping his contract negotiations via his play since his return.

Great thread...hope we get him signed. A lot of our success with this team, since we have TFB, hinges on the offensive line...

Last edited:
I can't believe I would of been happy with a 3rd round draft pick a couple of months ago. Would be a huge loss to lose this guy. We know this guy ain't dogging it!

Didn't he want top 5 OL money and the big issue, allegedly, was that Mankins wanted the contract to begin in '10 but the patriots wanted him to play out '10 and have the contract begin in '11?

So in this case if we give him top 5 OL money, which we originally offered and sweeten it up a bit, will be he happy?

Patriots essentially get their way if Mankins signs to something that was similar to what they offered +/- a few million a year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye