PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

lockout ALMOST over!!! (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Thursday's game is such a dog, not having this deal in place will give me a perfect reason not to watch it.

Take your time guys. Friday's soon enough.

They are trying to hype Thursdays game so bad...HA

Ed Hochuli is the worst ref in the league. He belongs with the replacements. He just gets way more attention than he deserves because he's in good shape.

Now, we're back to normal!

I suspect both sides are close. Not surprised at the follow on "official" announcement from the union reps to their officials that a deal is not imminent.

For about a zillion reasons I would not want any anticipation from fans or anybody else until a deal is actually done.

I think you will more likely see an announcement on Monday night if and when a deal is done. That takes care of any anticipation about games that are within hours of starting as in the Thursday night game tomorrow and to some extent might mitigate efforts by the players to totally overrun the rep-refs on their last weekend of officiating in the NFL.

Finally! Can get the real foot locker employees back. Bye bye replacement salesmen.

If those guys ever worked at Footlocker, they'd be late for work, not know where anything is in the store, charge you the wrong price, and steal your credit card info.

More likely they're all greeters at Walmart.

I hope they place the magnifying glass on the regular refs as they did on the guys who were covering while they were locked out.

Re: Lockout IS NOT OVER...

NFLRA negotiator Scott Green has notified officials that a deal is not imminent.

Feel free to merge with other lockout thread once title is updated...

Yup, Not a Done Deal Yet. It's not official yet but all parties and Pension experts were workin last night until like 2am tryin to get a deal. There was an agreement in principle just waiting to dot i's and cross t's.

Locked-out NFL referees could return as early as this week -- sources - ESPN

Re: lockout over???

After monday night, I told everybody at work that a deal would get done within 2 weeks. It was just inexcusable. Of course I was laughed at. If true, thank god they're back.

Is it just me or does it seem like everyone is forgetting that the regular guys suck too?

I mean I'm sure they'll be better (how could they be worse?), but they are going to make some awful calls as well, and we will be just as pissed at them as we have been at these guys.

I hope it's over. Mike Lupica of the New York Daily News, in a typical "New York sharp elbows" kind of way was the first Mainstream reporter I've read to suggest that it was good that the Seattle and Baltimore, game-defining calls went in favor of the home team.

Otherwise he suggests that we might have found out why some European and South American Soccer stadiums have walls or even moats separating the fans from the field.

In other words, it's only a matter of time before some Lingerie League ref makes a call that blows up a game for a home team and its well lubricated fans rush the field.

Last edited:

Is it just me or does it seem like everyone is forgetting that the regular guys suck too?

I mean I'm sure they'll be better (how could they be worse?), but they are going to make some awful calls as well, and we will be just as pissed at them as we have been at these guys.

as long as there are humans, and judgement calls, there will be "bad" calls

most normal "bad" calls are bad to 50% of the fans, good to the other 50%

but the game tends to flow normally, the referees tend to have control, and the calls tend to be more or less consistent

with the replacements, there was a lack of flow, a lack of control, a lack of consistency......there were calls that were truly bad, that most fans and pundits would agree on

i'll take the real referees 100% of the time - even when they make calls that i think are "bad"......

Nope, no agreement in principle yet, either.

I think it's precious that Mort just retweeted it's good advice to listen to DeSmith's advice not to over react to reports like this based on his experience...

i know it's "not over".....i also know the real refs will be back sunday, no way either side can not get a deal done now, even if they are still negotiating

what do we think the implications will be?

offensive holding, the mugging of receivers was out of control......think we'll see a flag fest for a few weeks, or will the players adjust to normal rather quickly?

I hope it's over. Mike Lupica of the New York Daily News, in a typical "New York sharp elbows" kind of way was the first Mainstream reporter I've read to suggest that it was good that the Seattle and Baltimore, game-defining calls went in favor of the home team.

Otherwise he suggests that we might have found out why some European and South American Soccer stadiums have walls or even moats separating the fans from the field.

In other words, it's only a matter of time before some Lingerie League ref makes a call that blows up a game for a home team and its well lubricated fans rush the field.

You mean like San Francisco fans didn't when the regulars jobbed them out of a game clinching fumble recovery in FG range in a tied NFCC game last January? A game they then lost in OT... The official who blew the call (dead literally and not reviewable) was Hoculi's regular head linesman...

Hope the can get their ***** together real soon...another week of these lingerie league queens calling penalties will drive me crazy :mad:

It's already a short putt :D

Last edited:

Nope, no agreement in principle yet, either.

I think it's precious that Mort just retweeted it's good advice to listen to DeSmith's advice not to over react to reports like this based on his experience...

Mo since you posted this I heard like 3 different reports. Any minute now, shouldn't be longer than after this weekend of games and could go through to next week. Well I guess that narrows it down.

It can't be "over" until signed and voted on by the rank and file.

But it must be close to let it leak. Otherwise that risks a ton of backlash.

Sure, even the real referees are "bad," similar to how some NFL players are "bad." But NFL "bad" is still really freaking good.

It can't be "over" until signed and voted on by the rank and file.

But it must be close to let it leak. Otherwise that risks a ton of backlash.

yep

wouldn't doubt the leak came from inside the Ginger Hammer's own office......

But they'll control the game, it wont be a WWE free for all for 60 minutes and the real refs have some respect, these replacements didnt have the respect of the players or coaches and everyone pushed the envelope to see what they could get away with.

The NFL & Goodell may be frauds, but they aren't stupid. I can't imagine they'll go another weekend with the scabs. They won't admit to being wrong....but they certainly know this BS has to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back