PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

lockout ALMOST over!!! (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

captain insano

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
sorry no link. but i just heard on weei that the refs and the nfl have agreed to a deal. refs will be back sunday per adam schefter.

Last edited:
About time too.

In the interest of fairness everyone should be reset to 0-0 too because multiple teams have lost/won games because to the scabs.

yes...I can confirm that...Mutt and Lou....refs this weekend...thank whatever deity you believe in

Last edited:
I am sure deep pockets Kraft and a few other influential owners had alot to do with that...about time i would say.

Finally! Can get the real foot locker employees back. Bye bye replacement salesmen.

I'm extremely interested to hear what the agreement is. On the heels of this weekend, I would guess the owners conceded something but how much remains to be seen.

Great news though, if for no other reason than the stories will get back to being about football and not the circus.

I sincerely hope and encourage every last person sitting inside of every home stadium this weekend to give the real refs a standing ovation just before kick-off. About time they're back.

Last edited:
What's funny is that everyone is so happy to get back refs that we all hated before.

What's the over/under for how long it will be for the "real" refs to get booed after a lousy call Sunday? Followed by chants to bring back the replacements. Good times!:D

So now say they do come to an agreement. If your the Browns and Ravens tomorrow night are they getting replacement or the real refs?

If I am the Ravens/Browns I ask them to move the game till Sunday because how unfair would it be to those 2 teams that everyone else gets real officials.

One thing that should be watched and considered now is that these refs are going to be a little raw early on themselves... every preseason I notice the refs being a little slower and a little less consistent as they get themselves into game practice just like the players do. We may be seeing preseason quality refereeing for a few weeks here, though that should still be an improvement.

kind of amazing if they can get 120 guys in the next 4 days to

1) ratify the agreement
2) pass their physicals
3) get fitted for the new Nike uniforms
4) get to all the venues
5) get briefed on new rules/ points of emphasis

but hey....

I am all for it!

Last edited:
What's the over/under for how long it will be for the "real" refs to get booed after a lousy call Sunday?

Right now i'd be thrilled with *A* lousy call instead of a string of them one after the other.

What's the over/under for how long it will be for the "real" refs to get booed after a lousy call Sunday?

30 seconds?

We still hate them, we just hate them less. ;)

I never thought I'd miss Ed Hochuli...then Sunday happened :p

What's funny is that everyone is so happy to get back refs that we all hated before.

What's the over/under for how long it will be for the "real" refs to get booed after a lousy call Sunday? Followed by chants to bring back the replacements. Good times!:D

You don't know what you've got until it's gone.

So now say they do come to an agreement. If your the Browns and Ravens tomorrow night are they getting replacement or the real refs?

If I am the Ravens/Browns I ask them to move the game till Sunday because how unfair would it be to those 2 teams that everyone else gets real officials.

Maybe they can assign the best of the replacements, there's a few good ones out of the 120, just not enough for 16 games a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back