Lockout in 2011?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
What's the Misery Index in the off season doldrums? Given the NLPA attitude towards owners' TV revenue et. al., how many feel it's likeky we'll see a LOCKOUT in 2011?

IMHO, it's a no-brainer that we are going to see a lockout. To me, the big question is: Will the lockout extend into the regular season, or will it be resolved in time such that no regular season games are affected?

Right now it don't look good.

I presume that there is some hidden difference between "likely" and "probably".

I felt that the players weren't happy with Upshaw leading the way, so with him gone and players feeling they have conceded to the owners on numerous levels to keep from a lockout, I think the NFLPA is going to stand their ground and find their players locked out.

Sad, sad days ahead.

It's really up to the owners whether or not there is a lockout. I don't think there is really much support for a work stoppage from the players beyond rhetoric. I think it is unlikely they agree on a new CBA, so either the union will decertify and proceed to court (in which case life and the games go on under the last offer ownership had on the table) or the owners will pre emptively lock players out because they are more concerned with the long term implications of court involvement than they are with a work stoppage they know the players can't tolerate beyond a season (if that).

i think that there will not be a lockout and if there is one it will only hurt the players.

there are a lot more late round picks still playing on there rookie contracts who have alredy spent there money on a house and a car then there are guys who make 5 to 10 million a year.

I'm an optimist, so I voted accordingly :)

I think they will find an 11th hour deal like the last time. And most likely like the last time, it will only be a short-term fix that will last three or four years before we go through this whole thing again.

I think they will find an 11th hour deal like the last time. And most likely like the last time, it will only be a short-term fix that will last three or four years before we go through this whole thing again.

If the owners toss in a once-a-month free "Make it rain night" at the local scrip clubs, a fair percentage of players might ignore the rest of the agreement and sign right away.

If the owners toss in a once-a-month free "Make it rain night" at the local scrip clubs, a fair percentage of players might ignore the rest of the agreement and sign right away.

DO NOT FWD THIS POST TO WIFE

You hit on something there. When the Pats trained at Smithfield RI, after the day was done many of the players would head to a certain Gentelman's Club in Johnston RI.

Its likely to happen, as complicated as hell there is no way an agreement is reached before kickoff, probably next year, after the lockout happens, all in all gets desperate for a solution, 1 of the 2 sides will give in and get the matter solved. Until then we can just sit and wait!

It's a done deal. Never underestimate the stupidity of unions and player
associations. (See NHL) There is no way that the power denizens of the
NFLPA will capitulate to the owners until the pressure from the members is
overwhelming and that isn't going to happen until they have their bling buying
and partying curtailed. Gonna take a bit of time so relax and enjoy NFL
Labor Rugby (NFLPA vs Owners).

If there is a lockout I promise to punch someone in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes