Welcome to PatsFans.com

Locker room antics,cash awards & late fines for Patriots players-interesting article

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

2. Tucker

Tucker Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: Locker room antics,cash awards & late fines for Patriots players-interesting arti

great story, way to go USA Today......there goes SF's 1st out the window
  3. jbb9s

jbb9s Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Re: Locker room antics,cash awards & late fines for Patriots players-interesting arti

Counting the minutes to Peter King picks this up and starts petitioning Goodell for a response.
  4. SoCalPatsfan90

SoCalPatsfan90 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'd love to see the league do something about this... considering the Packers were just let off w/o a slap even for the same thing.
  5. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Self-discipline is classless!
  6. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +760 / 14 / -12

Class is classless!
  7. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Awesome little nugget at the end. Like an undercover vice officer.

I don't know how this can violate league rules when the players themselves impose these fines. Unless a player was totally against it and complained.
  8. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I wouldn't be surprised if Goodell fined the Pats for this while letting Green Bay go without any penalty.
  9. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yeah well you wouldnt want a team to fine its players for showing up late. I know when I am late for work my boss does not feel any need to let me know that I am wrong. I have never been fined for it, but I did lose a job once because I was late twice in a row, so that is worse than a fine.
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +196 / 7 / -23

It is right to sanction someone who is late for work, but as an early bird never received anything for always being early..
  11. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Silver lining - we'll be called "rule-breakers" instead of "cheaters" (which should have been the first time).
  12. He Ban Me

He Ban Me Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sounds like instead of preparing for a meeting, you got a bunch of gus in a room hoping another guy will be late:rolleyes:
  13. JR4

JR4 In the Starting Line-up PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +27 / 3 / -2

Out of curiosity ... what NFL policy/rule was violated here? :confused:
  14. PatsRI

PatsRI PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Stop me if you heard this before but....this has been going on in locker rooms for decades.
  15. Patriotic

Patriotic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Dan Marino and Don Shula are accusing Tedy B of "running up the pot".

Upon hearing this accusation from his Miami dope dealer, Mercury Morris asked "When does the Greyhound leave for Foxboro, New England?".
  16. JR4

JR4 In the Starting Line-up PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +27 / 3 / -2

again ... what NFL policy/rule was violated here?
  17. PatsRI

PatsRI PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Yea, I was wondering about that too, I think if the coaches are doing it then maybe there is a violation of something but I can't see how the players themselves doing it is illegal in any way. I think the writer may have lost site of who and focused on the what too much.
  18. phimseto

phimseto Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If the media follows up with this and the NFL gets grumpy about it, how hellaciously lame that would be. This is the kind of activity that should be left alone.
  19. NYCPatsFan

NYCPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

I think there is enough evidence to ask us to forfeit our SF pick. Yet another example of how the Patriots think that they are above everybody else. Players imposing rules to have everyone at the meeting before it starts?? This just can't happen in the NFL. What if the players decide to fine each other for every curse and give the collections to a local charity?? no no no no....This kind of self-policing should be curtailed immediately!!

:D
  20. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0

This is a POSITIVE story, yet how much you want to bet this ends up on ESPN as an extremely negative story that the Pats get killed for. Ironically, the Packers have bounties out and no one gives a damn, but some good natured stuff in practice for the Pats could very well turn into another sexy headline for ESPN and other mediots.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.