PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lock Out was good for the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, pal. Because, thats what I was saying, right?
Actually, yes, that's pretty much exactly what you've been saying. From "any publicity is good publicity" to going on and on about how "exciting" this offseason has been, you've made your position quite clear. All I did was take your position and logically apply it to another sport.

Actually, yes, that's pretty much exactly what you've been saying. From "any publicity is good publicity" to going on and on about how "exciting" this offseason has been, you've made your position quite clear. All I did was take your position and logically apply it to another sport.
You should reread the thread because you havent followed it correctly.
I have never said the offseason was exciting.
I said the lockout enhanced exposure and publicity for the league.
I said the fact that a full offseason of FA (which generates great interest) will create increased excitement in that window.
I said preseason games will draw more attention because fans will be interested in seeing brand new players.

So I guess if baseball can figure out a way to have a lockout that has no impact on games, that will kep its sport in the news for the entire offseason, and that would jam an incredibly high amount of FA movement (10x more than baseball has in an offseason) into a few weeks right before a 4 game exhibition season, then yes, the end result would it would be good for baseball in terms of elevating interest and expanding the fan base.
But of course that isnt what you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back