PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Local News Video of the Pats Arriving at their Rochester Hotel Yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I went to Buffalo four years or so ago, we need stayed in the same hotel as the Patriots. It was a place called Adam's Mark. I guess they switched places.

I gotta get in touch with my fellow Pats fans from Rochester sometime. I'm down in W. Henrietta (dad works at RIT, so we're close to the school), but I really like the city proper. I took a lot of urban studies courses while at RIT, and I'm pretty passionate about the city turning itself around. That's another discussion entirely, though.

I went to the U of R in the late 70's and in those days if you wanted to see a Pats game that wasn't being broadcast in Rochester but was on a Buffalo station, you'd get the rabbit ears and turn them "just so" to get a staticky reception of the game......The good old days before DirecTV. I loved the city and the school......Genie Cream ale....2/3 ain't bad as they say.

Well, aside from praising whoever the next opponent is, he does often say something along the lines of, "Winning the Division is the first concern." right? He's probably just showin' how proud he is of his guys, in a subtle BB way. ;)

I would not be surprised if he told the team something to the effect of "enjoy the win, celebrate having the division title for a couple of days, but when when we come back to practice on Wednesday, its over. We are focused on Miami and then the playoffs." And then symbolically, he wears the hat all Sunday night and Monday until they return to foxboro and maybe even when doing film review of the Bills game. But once they turn their attention to the next game, he removes his AFCE hat. Tells the team to stow theirs, cause its time to start focusing on getting the next hat, the AFCC hat.

I went to the U of R in the late 70's and in those days if you wanted to see a Pats game that wasn't being broadcast in Rochester but was on a Buffalo station, you'd get the rabbit ears and turn them "just so" to get a staticky reception of the game......The good old days before DirecTV. I loved the city and the school......Genie Cream ale....2/3 ain't bad as they say.

I used to teach at UofR. Still love the city, though these days I only show up for BBQ and taking the kids to the Museum of Play.

Rochester has really come up. The best thing about the city, in my opinion, is the music. The kids coming out of Eastman (and failing to find employment apparently) end up sticking around and forming great bands of eclectic music.

I gotta get in touch with my fellow Pats fans from Rochester sometime. I'm down in W. Henrietta (dad works at RIT, so we're close to the school), but I really like the city proper. I took a lot of urban studies courses while at RIT, and I'm pretty passionate about the city turning itself around. That's another discussion entirely, though.

Anyway, it would be cool to catch a game with some of you guys sometime. We don't have a TV, so I have to find web streams. Where do you go to watch? My dad and brother and I sometimes go to The Distillery when we're tired of the crappy resolution a stream provides, but it's often a long wait time for seats (though the sweet potato fries are worth the wait). If anyone is watching the Dolphins game at a restaurant or bar, I might join you for the first half. I have to work at 3:30, but I'd love to meet some Patriots fans out here in Bills country.

When I taught at UR, I used to watch games at the Distillery, but often had difficulty getting seated and/or having them dedicate a TV to the Patriots.

There's a Patriots fanclub in town.

Like you, I was a transplant to Western NY so I don't think many fans from the region are actually Patriots fans... just transplants.

When I went to Buffalo four years or so ago, we need stayed in the same hotel as the Patriots. It was a place called Adam's Mark. I guess they switched places.

They were at the Adam's Mark. Buffalo has 200,000 visitors in town right now from all over the world for the World Junior Championships. There are no hotel rooms available so they had to go to Rochester.

This could be because of the two feet of snow......

Two-Feet-of-Snow.jpg

Please let this picture be in front of Rex Ryan's house.

Despite the good eats, not a lot of guys seemed thrilled with Rochester:

Players found out about the last-minute itinerary changes when they got to the visitors locker room or Ralph Wilson Stadium after the game.

Moments later, a resigned-to-the-situation Brady told reporters with a chuckle, “We’re not even stuck in Buffalo, we’re stuck in Rochester, I guess. We’ll take a little bus ride and, who knows when we’ll get in.”

“I’ve never even heard of Rochester,” Sanders insisted.

With playful smirk, he added, “I said to [cornerback] Darius Butler earlier, ‘Winning the AFC East Championship and the first-round bye is priceless; spending the holidays in Rochester is garbage time.’”

And this bit tells you just how locked-in the guys were to Buffalo game prep:

Sanders, like many of his teammates, were so focused on their preparations for the game that they didn’t realize just how bad the storm back home was.

“To be honest, I didnt now anything about it until Pat [Chung] told me in the middle of the game and was like, ‘Man, there’s like 20 inches of snow in Boston.’ I was like, ‘Are you serious?’”

As a result, most players didn’t have any extra clean clothes … apart from the AFC East Champions hats and t-shirts they received after the win. Securing the division title and a first-round bye in the playoffs helped ease the burden of having to miss yet another day with their families during this holiday season.

“Yeah, I’ve got an extra t-shirt. That’s all that matters,” Banta-Cain proudly exclaimed.

Read more at: Analysis/reax: Extended stay mitigated by win

Players found out about the last-minute itinerary changes when they got to the visitors locker room or Ralph Wilson Stadium after the game.

Moments later, a resigned-to-the-situation Brady told reporters with a chuckle, “We’re not even stuck in Buffalo, we’re stuck in Rochester, I guess. We’ll take a little bus ride and, who knows when we’ll get in.”

“I’ve never even heard of Rochester,” Sanders insisted.

With playful smirk, he added, “I said to [cornerback] Darius Butler earlier, ‘Winning the AFC East Championship and the first-round bye is priceless; spending the holidays in Rochester is garbage time.’"

And this bit tells you just how locked-in the guys were to Buffalo game prep:

Sanders, like many of his teammates, were so focused on their preparations for the game that they didn’t realize just how bad the storm back home was.

“To be honest, I didnt now anything about it until Pat [Chung] told me in the middle of the game and was like, ‘Man, there’s like 20 inches of snow in Boston.’ I was like, ‘Are you serious?’”

As a result, most players didn’t have any extra clean clothes … apart from the AFC East Champions hats and t-shirts they received after the win. Securing the division title and a first-round bye in the playoffs helped ease the burden of having to miss yet another day with their families during this holiday season.

“Yeah, I’ve got an extra t-shirt. That’s all that matters,” Banta-Cain proudly exclaimed.

Read more at: Analysis/reax: Extended stay mitigated by win

It was all worth it.

Because of the 'W' they got, they'll be home from now on, and if they have to travel again, it's only because they got into the Superbowl.

It was all worth it.

Because of the 'W' they got, they'll be home from now on, and if they have to travel again, it's only because they got into the Superbowl.

True, true.

Then again, considering the Jets lost, they really could have skipped it :rofl:

Who's the guy wearing pajama pants??

That just strikes me funny, some huge guy wearing those.

They look more like Hammer pants from the 80's

Doesn't sound like they said a word about Rochester. I didn't read any criticism of the place.

Only the reporter seemed weird about it ("to travel to this distant, desolate place...")... Sounds like they were shipped to Siberia or something.

And, Buffalo isn't 1 hour 40 minutes from Rochester. It's 65 miles, or 1 hour. I should know, I drove it twice a day for a few years.

Honestly, living in Rochester is no different than living in Providence. And these guys all work in Foxboro, and the reporter probably lives in a studio apartment in Falls River--and I love Falls River!

Anyway, it would be cool to catch a game with some of you guys sometime. We don't have a TV, so I have to find web streams. Where do you go to watch? My dad and brother and I sometimes go to The Distillery when we're tired of the crappy resolution a stream provides, but it's often a long wait time for seats (though the sweet potato fries are worth the wait). If anyone is watching the Dolphins game at a restaurant or bar, I might join you for the first half. I have to work at 3:30, but I'd love to meet some Patriots fans out here in Bills country.

Hey reamer, check out archboston.com if you like urban planning, I lurk there all the time (and post there infrequently)- - 90% of it is about the New England area, but there are forums for other cities in the northeast. Also skyscrapercity.com is the BEST site for urban planning and development anywhere on the net.

Last edited:

Those quotes are from before they even arrived there. They are all a product of the situation. When the only place you want to be is "at home", when they tell you "you ain't gonna be home today....... and oh yeah, you gotta sit on a bus for like an hour and a half before we get to our hotel". It's pretty understandable they were less then enthused.

Show me some quotes from after their stay, and then we'll talk.

A couple of people from Rochester didn't care for Sanders' comments about their city; how long before PFT picks up on what he said and tries to make a big deal about it?

New England Patriots spend Sunday night in Rochester | democratandchronicle.com | Democrat and Chronicle

....Funny, Ive never heard of you, James....You must sit the bench!
Check out James Sander's Wikipedia page. He's from a small town in California that I never heard of and the list of notables from that town does not include him. What a loser.
does anyone know who james sanders is??? haha

real tough making league minimum in the nfl i know, but come on man
when are the athletes,celebs,and tv personalities going to realize that without their fan base they are nothing? if you don't have anything nice to say, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!

Apparently these Bills fans didn't watch this year's game against the Colts, or remember Sanders pick six against the Bills a couple years ago.

Doesn't sound like they said a word about Rochester. I didn't read any criticism of the place.

Only the reporter seemed weird about it ("to travel to this distant, desolate place...")... Sounds like they were shipped to Siberia or something.

And, Buffalo isn't 1 hour 40 minutes from Rochester. It's 65 miles, or 1 hour. I should know, I drove it twice a day for a few years.

Honestly, living in Rochester is no different than living in Providence. And these guys all work in Foxboro, and the reporter probably lives in a studio apartment in Falls River--and I love Falls River!

Those quotes are from before they even arrived there. They are all a product of the situation. When the only place you want to be is "at home", when they tell you "you ain't gonna be home today....... and oh yeah, you gotta sit on a bus for like an hour and a half before we get to our hotel". It's pretty understandable they were less then enthused.

Show me some quotes from after their stay, and then we'll talk.

Do you guys work for the Rochester Tourism Board or something? ;)

Sanders and Brady were joking around. I'm sure the visit changed their mind and they'll be coming back this summer with their families, maybe around the Corn Hill Festival.

Do you guys work for the Rochester Tourism Board or something? ;)

Sanders and Brady were joking around. I'm sure the visit changed their mind and they'll be coming back this summer with their families, maybe around the Corn Hill Festival.

Wha?

What are you talking about?

I was saying that Brady and Sanders didn't say anything negative about the city. I was knocking you for saying they were knocking it.

Wha?

What are you talking about?

I was saying that Brady and Sanders didn't say anything negative about the city. I was knocking you for saying they were knocking it.

I took Brady's crack (“We’re not even stuck in Buffalo, we’re stuck in Rochester, I guess.") to imply Rochester was a notch below Buffalo . Which to me at least, is an insult.

As for Sanders' comments (“I’ve never even heard of Rochester,” and, “Spending the holidays in Rochester is garbage time.”), they seemed to imply they were going to some nowhere town.

Maybe they were compliments and I misinterpreted. Either way, I think I've spent way too much time discussing Rochester, NY. I even went to their Wikipedia page! :bricks:

I took Brady's crack (“We’re not even stuck in Buffalo, we’re stuck in Rochester, I guess.") to imply Rochester was a notch below Buffalo . Which to me at least, is an insult.

As for Sanders' comments (“I’ve never even heard of Rochester,” and, “Spending the holidays in Rochester is garbage time.”), they seemed to imply they were going to some nowhere town.

Maybe they were compliments and I misinterpreted. Either way, I think I've spent way too much time discussing Rochester, NY. I even went to their Wikipedia page! :bricks:

All I was saying is that the comments weren't about the cities but about having to be there at all.

They couldn't find rooms in Buffalo so they had to go to Rochester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes