PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LMAO at ESPN NFL Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradfordPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Trey Wingnut is interviewing Michael Smith (ex of the Globe) about the Patriots and all of their losses and gasp...Brady missed three training camp practices. He asked Smith if the Patriots should panic. Smith flat out said, "No. They have too much young talent. Possibly the best front three, Lawrence Maroney, Harrison is back, Bruschi will play, and the best qb in the game. They will also use people picking the Dolphins as motivation." End of interview...

Wingnut turns to his co-host and starts with, "Yeah but..." and goes on to rehash all that we have heard for the last few months. He didn't get the answer he wanted from one guy so now he goes to the next. It was quite comical and even more predictable.

I think we as fans and guys like Rodney will seriously be able to play the "we don't get respect" this year as opposed to the past couple of seasons when it just was made up.

PatsRI said:
I think we as fans and guys like Rodney will seriously be able to play the "we don't get respect" this year as opposed to the past couple of seasons when it just was made up.
Yeah. The Patriots have a chip on their shoulder after losing to Denver. All this crap in the off season, prove these people wrong again. Rodney will be the first to speak about it. :D

Kdo5 said:
Yeah. The Patriots have a chip on their shoulder after losing to Denver. All this crap in the off season, prove these people wrong again. Rodney will be the first to speak about it. :D

I know I still have my memories of that game. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WAD-hE4MOE

Yeah, I made the mistake of watching NFL Live. Bruschi's injury is "a devastating loss" . . . huh ? :confused: It's mostly for the preseason.

Those clowns on ESN Live listen to Hoge WAY too much.

Yes, we lost great leadership in Willie. Yes, we lost a great clutch kicker in Vinatieri. But, these "experts" need to look at what we have. Any team with Brady, Harrison, Seymour, Bruschi, Vrabel, Dillon, Troy Brown and Light will not be lacking in leadership.

Yes, Adam was a great kicker. But, his leg was hurting the team in re: to long FG's and KO's. Plus, Indy greatly over paid. I like how Peter King thinks Adam greatly enhances Indy. But, he forgets how productive Vanderjerk was. He was very good........ until the playoffs. But, that team is not built for the playoffs.

If the secondary stays relatively healthy, as well as the O=line, I expect a #1 seed entering the playoffs. This team is far too talented.

BelichickFan said:
Yeah, I made the mistake of watching NFL Live. Bruschi's injury is "a devastating loss" . . . huh ? :confused: It's mostly for the preseason.
You know I'm not a Doom-n-Gloomer... but I'm in the camp of it being a devasting loss. ILB is a two man gig that requires much chemistry, communication and trust. Tedy being out this long, even if it's just in camp and pre-season, hurts Beisel's growth. Big time, I fear.

Michael Smith is the only legit ESPN contributor on the entire network. Hoge, Bubblehead Clayton, Screamin A. Smith, Skip Clueless...ugh, I'll stop now. ESPN should take notes and give Michael his own show since he's the only one who has a damn clue about most sports.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
You know I'm not a Doom-n-Gloomer... but I'm in the camp of it being a devasting loss. ILB is a two man gig that requires much chemistry, communication and trust. Tedy being out this long, even if it's just in camp and pre-season, hurts Beisel's growth. Big time, I fear.
With all due respect . . . BULL ;)

Check out the Jacksonville playoff game. Bruschi was out. Strong running game. Big OL. Vrabel and Beisel and Jacksonville couldn't run. Barring further injuries or a Bruschi setback we'll be fine.

BelichickFan said:
With all due respect . . . BULL ;)

Check out the Jacksonville playoff game. Bruschi was out. Strong running game. Big OL. Vrabel and Beisel and Jacksonville couldn't run. Barring further injuries or a Bruschi setback we'll be fine.
I sincerely hope you're right, I reallllly do. And I am one of the minority around here that has faith in Beisel... just much less without Bruschi by his side for a while longer than he's had already.

Geeza32 said:
Michael Smith is the only legit ESPN contributor on the entire network. Hoge, Bubblehead Clayton, Screamin A. Smith, Skip Clueless...ugh, I'll stop now. ESPN should take notes and give Michael his own show since he's the only one who has a damn clue about most sports.

You are right on tarket, Geeza. I love your nicknames, especially the one for Steven A. It seems like ESPN has a whole bunch of screamers though. People who talk loud, yet say nothing.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
I sincerely hope you're right, I reallllly do. And I am one of the minority around here that has faith in Beisel... just much less without Bruschi by his side for a while longer than he's had already.
If Tedy broke his leg and was out for the year, yeah, I'd be worried. But I think the commumication/coordination thing will work out fine once he's back with whoever else is in the middle.

BelichickFan said:
If Tedy broke his leg and was out for the year, yeah, I'd be worried. But I think the commumication/coordination thing will work out fine once he's back with whoever else is in the middle.

According to the current Practice report from Patriots.com, Don Davis and Barry Gardener are the men in the middle with the first unit. Beisel is on the second team.

On Atound the Horn, 3 of the wirters had the Pats losing the AFCE to the Fins. (Paige, Adande and Mariotti. The usual ESPN stuff entertainment, understanding a mile wide and an inch deep, Mariotti was the funniest, we're not going to the playoffs cause of AV?
;)

DefenseRules said:
According to the current Practice report from Patriots.com, Don Davis and Barry Gardener are the men in the middle with the first unit. Beisel is on the second team.
Gardner intrigues me somewhat. By midseason or next season, Roach does as a TJ run stopper type on 1st and 2nd down. We'll see how these guys look in the games soon.

patsfan13 said:
On Atound the Horn, 3 of the wirters had the Pats losing the AFCE to the Fins. (Paige, Adande and Mariotti. The usual ESPN stuff entertainment, understanding a mile wide and an inch deep, Mariotti was the funniest, we're not going to the playoffs cause of AV?
;)

LOL, we are not going to the playoffs because of a kicker? :rofl:
With all due respect to AV, as clutch as he was...if Tom Brady was not on the field last year, this team never would have made the playoffs. We wouldn't have won any championships either.
AV was here when Bledsoe was the QB. His glorious presence didn't win a championship for us. I wonder why? ESPN is a joke.

DefenseRules said:
LOL, we are not going to the playoffs because of a kicker? :rofl:
With all due respect to AV, as clutch as he was...if Tom Brady was not on the field last year, this team never would have made the playoffs. We wouldn't have won any championships either.
AV was here when Bledsoe was the QB. His glorious presence didn't win a championship for us. I wonder why? ESPN is a joke.

I think kickers are more important to fans and media than their coaches and teammates. I think a lot people can "indentify" with kickers easier than the other players.
Didn't Mike Vrabel say something like, "I didn't even know him that well" when responding about Adam's loss?

Last edited by a moderator:
Possible upside to the IL situation would be if Freddie Roach develops faster thsn he normally would have as a result of the extra playing time and reps he will get.

Reading BB's comments aboiut him this morning leads me to believe we may have a winner with this guy. 6-2 250....interesting!

First off I would like to say hello as I am new here, been lurking a little and decided to chime in as a long time season ticket holder its nice to hear from a group of die-hards, as far as espn goes they are a joke and just dont get that football is not about how star studded your roster is last I checked Peyton and Mike Vick have zero rings but they are the darlings of ESPN, besides all those espn experts have been proven wrong by the pats time and time again they are waiting for they day they can say the pats are done.
Well I guess thats enough venting for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back