PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Live from gillette with updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys Ivan Fears said that the Pats dont like Ingram or Leshoure

Guys Ivan Fears said that the Pats dont like Ingram or Leshoure
Thanks for the updates - I'm shocked the coaches were so honest; I'm hoping for Ryan Williams with 2b.

Thanks for the updates - I'm shocked the coaches were so honest; I'm hoping for Ryan Williams with 2b.

Willams, Murray and Thomas were guys he mentioned by name that they want as a 3 down back.

Willams, Murray and Thomas were guys he mentioned by name that they want as a 3 down back.
I had one out of three. :)

I found the third down back more telling, it suggests they not only expect Green-Ellis to continue to carry the load, but they are showing some anticipation Eric Kettani will be competitive right away after a two year deployment.

I had one out of three. :)

I found the third down back more telling, it suggests they not only expect Green-Ellis to continue to carry the load, but they are showing some anticipation Eric Kettani will be competitive right away after a two year deployment.

He said 3 down back.

Not 3rd down back.

He said 3 down back.

Not 3rd down back.

A few days back I posted a list of the RBs who passed a basic screen for a potential 3-down upgrade:

- Have a better burst/speed than BJGE
- Have more bulk/power than Woodhead
- Are legitimate options to catch the ball
- Show effort and decent effectiveness in pass protection
- Don't have major ball-security issues

I came up with a list which I've since amended slightly. (Note that the screen does NOT assess their actual running talent.)

S=Speed/Explosion, B=Bulk/Power, P=Passing Game Contributions. Black type indicates a notable strength, red a borderline area. I = Significant Injury Concerns.

Leshoure, M (B, P)
Williams, R (I)
Murray, D (P, S, B)
Vereen, S (P)
Green, A (I)
Carter, D (B)
Harper, J (P)
Scott, D (I)
Allen, A (B)

Last edited:
A few days back I posted a list of the RBs who passed a basic screen for a potential 3-down upgrade:

I came up with a list which I've since amended slightly. (Note that the screen does NOT assess their actual running talent.)

Murray doesn't have significant injury concerns? He's hurt all the time

Ok I can't hold out my binkie love.

DeMarco Murray is a stud. He is fast, explosive, and versatile. He blocks, catches, splits out, and runs hard.

He holds the OU record for career touchdowns. More than Steve Owens, Billy Sims, Quinten Griffin, and Adrian Peterson among others.

He has averaged 4.8 YPC for his career.

Career Records at University of Oklahoma

* All-Time Leader in Points Scored (390)
* All-Time Leader in Touchdowns (65)
* All-Time Leader in All Purpose Yards (6,718)
* All-Time Leader in Receiving Yards for a Running Back (1,571)

All this through split time and injuries. Speaking of injuries I think the situation is overblown. He has had one major injury (broken patella), and some other smaller ones (hamstring, ankle twist, back strain), but he plays through them. If the pats doctors say he is good then cool.

Ok before I'm too swept away with my binkie love I'll thrown in the disclaimer that I'm from Norman and I'm a huge OU fan. I've seen every game this guy has played at OU. This guy is more athletic and versatile than Peterson, but not as violent and aggressive. Peterson also had injury concerns coming out of college, as well as people thought he ran too tall.

Couple highlight videos:

YouTube - Demarco Murray Career Highlights

YouTube - DeMarco Murray Highlights - Ultimate Highlight

Don't know who drafts him but I hope it's a good fit for him wherever he goes!

Last edited:
I'll take DeMarco Murray in the late second or early third round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back