PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Live by the Favre, Die by the Favre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
That will be the theme of Mangini's going away party from the Jets when he is canned.

Favre picked Seahawks win ahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa :rofl:

The rats message board:

:rofl:
Could not connect to MySQL: Too many connections

Their season and board crashed at the same time ... :rofl:

Last edited:
The greatest thing is that the Jets cannot justify keeping Favre next year at his salary even if he decides not to retire and they are even farther away from having a starting QB and gave up a third round pick to boot. The Jets are about to start another rebuilding process after doing it last season too.

The greatest thing is that the Jets cannot justify keeping Favre next year at his salary even if he decides not to retire and they are even farther away from having a starting QB and gave up a third round pick to boot. The Jets are about to start another rebuilding process after doing it last season too.

All good reasons for Mangini to hit the road ... was he a good water boy?

Favre isn't the one who dropped the pass. If you want to look for a goat, look no further than Coles.

Favre isn't the one who dropped the pass. If you want to look for a goat, look no further than Coles.

Favre played like crap all game. Coles had the heart breaking play, but Favre took a sack he probably shouldn't have in that sequence and he did throw away the remote chance they had at the end. Favre isn't blameless. He was a huge contributor in this loss.

All we can hope for is a Pats win and a Jets win next week.

I couldn't imagine a better Christmas gift.

Favre played like crap all game. Coles had the heart breaking play, but Favre took a sack he probably shouldn't have in that sequence and he did throw away the remote chance they had at the end. Favre isn't blameless. He was a huge contributor in this loss.

I didn't say he was blameless. But if you want to find the man who blew the game for the Jets, Favre's not the guy you start with.

I didn't say he was blameless. But if you want to find the man who blew the game for the Jets, Favre's not the guy you start with.

He wouldn't be too far down the list. This game was lost before that INT though IMHO. Favre was a huge reason for that.

C'mon it's hard to blame Coles for that--he was double covered and one of the DBs got his hands on the ball.

Favre threw a great ball. His problem isn't his arm it's his decision-making--on 4th and 2 why do you throw it 30 yards down the field?

It just seemed like every time the Jets were in 3rd or 4th and short Favre was throwing bombs. Someone needs to tell him there are no style points in football...

Out of the 3200 Favre jerseys sold, how many went into the fireplace this afternoon?

What's a hoot is that Favre will remember the last pick and WANT to come back and redeem his pathetic last season.

It is a TRAVESTY that Favre goes to the Pro Bowl while Matt Cassel does not.

He wouldn't be too far down the list. This game was lost before that INT though IMHO. Favre was a huge reason for that.

Why do people need to bash the player who's not at fault? Favre played poorly for most of the game, but he made an absolutely tremendous throw when the game was on the line. His line sucked, his receivers couldn't get separation, his coaches called a horrible game..... and he still would have gotten his team in great position to tie the game if Coles hadn't gas-piped on the play. People on this board act as if Favre jilted their sisters.

Oh. My. Freakin. Gawwwwd. :)

I went to have dinner with the fam, football off, and came back to this! I LOVE IT!!! A nice little holiday present from the Shehawks!

Er, so as I understand it, now we root for the Jets to beat the Fins... we... root for... we rrr... we hope for a Jets victor... I just threw up in my mouth.

PFnV

Why do people need to bash the player who's not at fault? Favre played poorly for most of the game, but he made an absolutely tremendous throw when the game was on the line. His line sucked, his receivers couldn't get separation, his coaches called a horrible game..... and he still would have gotten his team in great position to tie the game if Coles hadn't gas-piped on the play. People on this board act as if Favre jilted their sisters.

Favre has played like crap for the last month. Today was no different. Take away that INT that goes to Coles, I don't think the Jets win. I still think it is a lionshare of the blame goes to Favre. The offense stalled all day and it was largely his fault.

I don't look at one play and put the blame on the one player who screwed up. I look at the entire game. If Favre didn't play like a scrub all game, that Coles INT would never had happened because the pass would never had taken place.

Favre has been a huge factor in the fact the Jets, who were annointed as Super Bowl favorites a month ago, have been on a huge freefall since. He has gotten old overnight. He has turned into a mediocre QB. Why don't you get this? He has had four horrible games in a row and is one of the biggest reasons the Jets won't get into the playoffs.

The Favre excuses have to stop. He has declined since the Titans game.

Last edited:

Everything you've said is absolutely true. That said, the non-stop Favre ballwashing, combined with the green jersey, and his rat coach, makes him a legitimate target for everything he's going to get over the next few days.

Favre has played like crap for the last month. Today was no different. Take away that INT that goes to Coles, I don't think the Jets win. I still think it is a lionshare of the blame goes to Favre. The offense stalled all day and it was largely his fault.

I don't look at one play and put the blame on the one player who screwed up. I look at the entire game. If Favre didn't play like a scrub all game, that Coles INT would never had happened because the pass would never had taken place.

Favre has been a huge factor in the fact the Jets, who were annointed as Super Bowl favorites a month ago, have been on a huge freefall since. He has gotten old overnight. He has turned into a mediocre QB. Why don't you get this? He has had four horrible games in a row and is one of the biggest reasons the Jets won't get into the playoffs.

I don't "get this" because it's not accurate. Denver, just for one example, put up 34 points. Tthats not on Favre, no matter how hard you tried to make it seem as if it is.

Everything you've said is absolutely true. That said, the non-stop Favre ballwashing, combined with the green jersey, and his rat coach, makes him a legitimate target for everything he's going to get over the next few days.

Exactly so. What's the point, that Brett Favre gets too much unwarranted criticism? Are you kidding me??

The Jets brought Favre in to get into the playoffs NOW! They look to fail that mission in large part because of Favre. Hence the title of my thread. Why is it not worth pointing it out.

I got slammed before the season when I said that adding Favre would not be the fabulous addition that many on this board thought. The Jets will go 9-7 and exceed by 7-9 or 8-8 expectation, but I think they may have gone farther with Pennington. One thing for sure, the Dolphins wouldn't be playing for the division right next Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes