Welcome to PatsFans.com

Little Racial Stuff

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +533 / 2 / -9

2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

No comment....ok you know your not suppose to be playing with race Harry, :nono: you'll get in trouble. :singing:
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +338 / 3 / -13

It was actually a very interesting article.

I really don't care that they discussed racial issues. The only thing really important is the fact the MAN sucker punched a WOMAN. I find that as unacceptable as a parent beating a child.

Certainly not something to be concerned about on a racial level though.
  4. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

It's not his fault... All of us right wing nazis made him do it. It is clearly our fault, well mostly my fault. I suspect nothing will come of it. He would break some sort of streak if he were held accountable for his actions?
  5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +533 / 2 / -9

The racist bastard that punched the women said later "it was an unfortunate incident"---------:singing:

Remember Don Imus
  6. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +51 / 13 / -9

Harry

Whenever a black man does something racist it is called one of two things
    by the MSM.

#1 - An isolated occurrence
    #2 - An unfortunate incident

I am suprised the usual suspects have not swooped in to defend
    this racist coward.

Somehow this black man is the victim. He must have been provoked by comments made by Bill O'Rielly, George Bush, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin and Sean Hannity.
  7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +515 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Only in your mind, Joe, only in your mind. I've not read one word where MSM, or anyone else for that matter, has made him out to be "a" victim, much less "the" victim." He got busted, he went to jail. "Victims" generally do neither.

The story got reported - if the argument took place while discussing racial issues then it did - they could have just as easily been discussing The Patriots and The Dolphins and it would have been reported the same way.

The dude hit a woman. I don't care what color he is or what color she is - the dude hit a woman.

That's the story - not that he was black and she was white or that they were talking about race when it happened - the story is - it happened. The moral is - it's unacceptable - regardless of the circumstances.

It's the right trying to stir up **** and nothing more.

Try harder.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Please God!
    Kill this THREAD!!

[​IMG]
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +533 / 2 / -9

We all know what would have happened if a White College Prof had punched a Black Women while arguing Race.

The old "politically correct double standard" it is very quietly eating away at the progress made, it could be called "shooting one's self in the foot" enough said.......:(
  10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +515 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

He would have been arrested and charged with assault and a newspaper would have written about it?

Gosh, that's a whole lot different, isn't it?
  11. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

....and I wouldn't be surprized if Al Sharpton would be doing the cable tv merry-go-round whining tour. I think he lives for opportunities like this.
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +533 / 2 / -9

It would have been treated a lot diffrently than this one was, remember what just happend a few weeks ago in Cambridge with Creepy Gates even President Bullsh!t got in on that one and called an American Police Force "stupid" for doing their job.

We All Know.
  13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +515 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Much as you and your ilk do for the reverse situations.

There's no friggin difference - that's the point. X hates this and Y hates that and given the right situation either X or Y will go batsh*t. Do you think people like Harry do not live for opportunities like this?

It's not all about race. It's about a bar fight. I'm not even sure why the paper printed the race - or why they even printed the story at all. Women get cold-****ed by men in bars every damn day of the year without fanfare. No one ever really cared before so why all of a sudden the abject horror?

Would Harry have reprinted the story if it had been a black guy hitting a white woman? Would anyone else have given a rats ***** if he had?

Somehow I doubt it. It would have skewed the agenda.
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +533 / 2 / -9

I wouldn't have had to reprint it if had been Black on White it would have been all over this forum for weeks, the Obama Media would have been screaming about it until next Labor Day Al Sharpton would have given himself a hernia in Times Sq
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +515 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Really?

In that case, Harry, kindly check for me, since I can't find it anywhere, the weeks long thread back in September when the white guy in Cracker Barrel beat the black woman to the ground in front of her 7 year old daughter.

FBI: Beating at Cracker Barrel may be hate crime - CNN.com

Show me the reprint of that article, show me the outrage, please, since I can't find it even if I search by date, by name, or by action.

In fact, I don't believe there was any.

Not here, anyhow.
  16. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +430 / 6 / -9

Holy crap. Of all the restaurants in all the world, this happened in Cracker Barrel.
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +533 / 2 / -9

Imagine if it happened in Sears & Roebuck.............:singing::singing:
  18. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

My ilk? That comment just may be more germane to this than you thought. I won't presume I can speak for Harry but for me it's about a double standard. First though I'd like to point out where I think you're going wrong on the "it's just a bar fight" theory.

The bar fight was between a white woman and a black man arguing over a racially charged issue. The guy’s passions got the best of him and he punched the girl. I agree that would be a story no matter what the argument was over and what the color of the skin was, but you cannot dismiss that fight was over a race sensitive topic.

Maybe you're right though. Maybe this story is as benign as the white on black violence that gets reported and where race is focused on right up front and is the center of the report.....even when it's just assumed that race must to be the reason. But even in the story you're countering with the headline is about a "hate crime" Was it? Maybe, but what's striking is that a headline like that is presumed correct and actually kind of common place. Am I just imagining this or is that one of the first conclusions people jump to and maybe one of the first things investigators look at? Even if it's not one of the first things they look at they certainly won't just dismiss it as a possibility.

Now let’s look at this professor guy and this girl one more time. If you apply the same standard to this kind of a story to other race related violence stories then I think the only reason to ignore race would be for the sake of political correctness (sorry, I know you dislike the term). Sometimes I think some people won't allow for the possibility that a few Jews may actually be cheap and some blacks actually have some rhythm then at the same time have no trouble whatsoever generalizing that right of center whites are apt to be homophobic, racist and are all the rest of the stereotypes. Can you allow that some blacks may be racist???? Do you still think race was a non-issue in the fight? Why should race be dismissed in this one and not in white on black stories?

Now for the ilk comment. Maybe I should be more thick skinned but after a while it gets a little hurtful listening to the seemingly never ending negative generalizations of what a right of center white person is. So when you've seen the same assumption in media stories you react in a defense way. I guess one defense is to post stories that are kind of reversed to remind all of us that racism isn't just a one way street.....and then when you see the double standard from heroes charging in on their white horses attacking a reporter for appropriately treating a story the same way (actually it’s less severe because the word “hate” wasn’t even used in this one) a white on black violence one is you react defensively as well. So I hope that explains my "ilk" a bit.

Please don't punch me in the face:p
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +533 / 2 / -9

It's always been "the double standard" with me but whenever a person dares to question the double standard they are immediately hit with the phony do-gooders "racist sh!t"
  20. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +515 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Well, if you read the Cracker Barrel story through it turns out that the man accused of knocking the woman down did so while screaming racial slurs directed personally at her....hence the "hate crime" possibility.

If you're asking me, personally, I'll gladly tell you that I think it should be dismissed in virtually all stories unless, as in the Cracker Barrel story, race obviously played a part in it. The fact that they were talking about race in the bar fight doesn't mean that he called her a racist name or that she called him a racist name. All it does is tell us the subject of the argument. Could have been football they were discussing. I've seen people get whacked in the face for making some off the wall football remark in bars before - the end result is usually the same - the one who threw the first punch goes to jail - most especially if he hit a woman.

I totally apologize for the "ilk" comment. It was wrong of me and I am sorry for making it. I sometimes get caught up in the heat of the moment and I only remember all the time I have been lumped as a "you lefties" or a "you scum sucking liberal" and I end up retaliating inappropriately without cause or provocation - and you gave me neither and my comment was both stupid and inappropriate.

Your response here was long and thoughtful and respectful and, what's more, it made sense. I appreicate the time and trouble and I only wish more conversations could be carried out with the same amount of level headedness and civility.

No face punching here - just a sheepish grin and an mea-culpa.