PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Little man, played BIG - Props to Ellis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only did he not get beaten all night. The Colts moved Wayne into the slot on the other side of the field inside Harrison. In order to get him some room on their fg drive before the half. Ultimate sign of respect.

Hobbs played well, but he needs to look up the rule on that play. The receiver was waiting for the ball.

Hobbs can't just look at his eyes and flap his arms in front of him, he needs to turn and play the ball.

Great kick returns, without which it wouldn't have been winnable.

Hobbs was beaten all night long. On that particular play, he was beaten badly, and that is why his back was to the ball and it hit his back.

Should it have been PI? I am not sure, but in either case, it was yet another example of Hobbs being beaten and put in a position to be called for PI, as he has been many times.

Save yourself some time.

Hobbs sucks, McDaniels sucks X 19,622.

Fortunately, I have a scroll wheel on the mouse.

Hobbs played well, but he needs to look up the rule on that play. The receiver was waiting for the ball.

Hobbs can't just look at his eyes and flap his arms in front of him, he needs to turn and play the ball.

Great kick returns, without which it wouldn't have been winnable.

If he played the ball that would have been an interception...It hit him right in the numbers!

Hobbs raised his level of play for this game. I was impressed. The kid definitely has potential.

I don't understand that rule. A few years ago a Patriot LB made basically the same play against the Jets, he was running toward the receiver, didn't see the ball and it hit him in the back. Not flag. I don't know.

I think if you're running step for step and the balls underthrown.....

Hobbs saw him looking for the ball and started flapping his arms to distract him without looking for the ball at all. That's a no no.

Face guarding is not against the rules. It seemed to me that the ball was gonna bounce of Hobbs' back weather he bumped the Colt guy or not. Doesn't that make it an 'uncatchable ball?' I'm positive that PI wouldn't have been called if Hobbs never touched him and I don't see how Hobbs unfairly prevented the guy from catching it either since it would have never reached him.

You're right, I'm wrong.

I think if you're running step for step and the balls underthrown.....

Hobbs saw him looking for the ball and started flapping his arms to distract him without looking for the ball at all. That's a no no.

No it's not Ray. You need to read the entire thread (unfortunately) but suffice it to say Adam JT13 checked in with the rule book, as well as several other posters quoting the Head of Officials Mike Periera on the subject. There is no such rule as face guarding any longer in the NFL. Just like there wasn't when a player with his back turned waved his hand in Jackson's face a while back - unless there is actual contact there is no penalty. It appeared as if there was no contact on replay unless the official who threw the flag decided that Wayne's arm bumping into Hobbs as he reached for the ball (which I believe had already hit Hobbs in the back at that point) somehow constituted sufficient contact - although that would be a rather ticky tack interpretation of the rule.

I think a good case can be made that Hobbs is more productive than Samuel was after two years.

Hobbs has 85 tackles and 5 INT in his career, Samuel had 56 and 2 respectively. I know, NEM, tackles are a poor indication of a CB, blah, blah, blah. But I think most of us see that Hobbs is doing more than Samuel was at the same experience. It's amazing that Samuel has 15 career INT and 10 came this year. But I guess Hobbs isn't allowed the same developement time even though he clearly moving in the positive direction.

I think a good case can be made that Hobbs is more productive than Samuel was after two years.

Hobbs has 85 tackles and 5 INT in his career, Samuel had 56 and 2 respectively. I know, NEM, tackles are a poor indication of a CB, blah, blah, blah. But I think most of us see that Hobbs is doing more than Samuel was at the same experience. It's amazing that Samuel has 15 career INT and 10 came this year. But I guess Hobbs isn't allowed the same developement time even though he clearly moving in the positive direction.

It seems like one thing Samuel got better at this year was holding onto the INT after he made it. Does anyone remeber early in his career when he'd drop INTs left and right. I sure do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing