Welcome to PatsFans.com

Little Canada man videotaped sheriff's deputies, and got charged for it

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -1

My Jersey:

I hope either the ACLU, or some local lawyer gets involved in this, and throws the book at the officer(s) who pissed on constitutional rights and protocal here. It's unacceptable.

Little Canada man videotaped sheriff's deputies, and got charged for it

By Emily Gurnon

Posted: 01/08/2013 12:01:00 AM CST
    January 8, 2013 11:44 PM GMTUpdated: 01/08/2013 05:44:53 PM CST

Andrew Henderson and his camera with the parking lot of his Little Canada apartment building in the background, where he filmed Ramsey County deputies arresting a man. His camera was confiscated and he was charged with obstructing justice. He plans to sue. (Pioneer Press: John Doman)
    Andrew Henderson watched as Ramsey County sheriff's deputies frisked a bloody-faced man outside his Little Canada apartment building. Paramedics then loaded the man, a stranger to Henderson, into an ambulance.

Henderson, 28, took out his small handheld video camera and began recording. It's something he does regularly with law enforcement.

But what happened next was different. The deputy, Jacqueline Muellner, approached him and snatched the camera from his hand, Henderson said.

Little Canada man videotaped sheriff's deputies, and got charged for it - TwinCities.com

So basically the cops arrested this kid for video taping them, and then they erased his video. That video was private property, of not "evidence" as was the initial claim for the confiscation. No one is above the law, or the constitution. Period.
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -7

My Jersey:

I hate this kind of police behavior. I chuckle when a police officer believes police are/have the power when the fact is, the opposite is true. Everyday citizens are the power the police report to. They work for us and answer to us.

There is no debate about who is in power. I hope these guys lose their jobs.
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I think the abundance of cellphone cameras and the like in many ways are making our nation better. Police are more often mindful of the fact they might be taped as are many criminals. There are a lot of police who go around violating the civil rights of individuals, not necessarily because they are corrupt, but because it is part of the culture of policing in areas with high crime.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013