PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Little bit nervous about the Packers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you, OP. But quite honestly, I'm only thinking about the Jets right now. It makes me kinda laugh everytime I see a post regarding an NFC team in the SB as if that's a guarantee for the Patriots. This is the same team that many of us thought would be fighting for a wild card spot this year. Let's not start buying the hype. The Pats are beatable. They have to survive some pretty tough games to make it to the SB.

Hard to imagine anyone thinking that far ahead. But playing along, Vick threw for nearly 300 today. Vick is an average passer. I'd say that bodes well in a hypothetical matchup with GB for Brady.

I also think people underestimate how much Flynn playing in that game changed things for the Patriots starting with overall intensity.

Madden predicted Pats over Packers in the Super Bowl, with Brady leading come from behind score in the 4th.

i would love the luxury to be able to be worried about the packers but my worrying can only take one team at a time

That was the NFC Championship game tonight. Packers go to Dallas. Book it. Falcons played a cake schedule and will lose next week. Bears are a fraud too. Cutler is a pick waiting to happen.

I know they're in the NFC and they have to win their remaining games to potentially meet us (if we win out), but still. If anything, I see so many similarities between them and the 2007 Giants, with the one exception being that Aaron Rodgers is not a fraud QB. I was hoping that the Eagles would somehow eliminate them tonight much like the Jests got the Colts out of our hair. Add to the fact that they lost to us by only 5 or so points with Matt F'n Flynn starting! Their defense is playing at a high level and Rodgers scares the **** out of me. If this topic is a bit premature, I apologize. But I just needed to get this off my chest. Someone please talk me off the ledge or give me the verbal slap in the face!!

Where does this drama queen nonsense come from?? The Patriots will need to win the next 2 games to advance to the SB. How about we enjoy the ride instead of worrying about who might be an opponent if we make it that far?

PS - the Patriots were flat as a pancake in the game against the Pack. I wouldn't read too much into that game at all.

The Eagles and Mike Vick's elusiveness would have been a HUGE threat against the Pats. Having them gone for good is no bad thing. So really, while I am worried about the Packers for the reasons brought up here they did get rid of Vick. So I call it a wash.

I know they're in the NFC and they have to win their remaining games to potentially meet us (if we win out), but still. If anything, I see so many similarities between them and the 2007 Giants, with the one exception being that Aaron Rodgers is not a fraud QB. I was hoping that the Eagles would somehow eliminate them tonight much like the Jests got the Colts out of our hair. Add to the fact that they lost to us by only 5 or so points with Matt F'n Flynn starting! Their defense is playing at a high level and Rodgers scares the **** out of me. If this topic is a bit premature, I apologize. But I just needed to get this off my chest. Someone please talk me off the ledge or give me the verbal slap in the face!!

This is a team that was predicted by many to win the SB this year. They are not really sneaking up on anyone... they are just getting healthier. Aaron Rodgers is also 743072x better than Eli Manning, from a metrical standpoint. Let's face it; the '07 Giants were not a very good team, but they beat us. This team is better, but the odds say we won't meet them again anyway.

Taking off my Patriots hat and looking at it from a general NFL view, I agree they're a tough team and I think Dom Capers plays a big part in their success - they've looked really good defensively this year. It's interesting to note that they're interested in him for the job in Denver.

They did a lot of good things here in New England when they met. I think the big test will be if they can beat Atlanta, because I honestly believe whoever wins that game will represent the NFC.

But that's about as far as I'll go otherwise...because it's all about the Jets this week :cool:

Last edited:
Jets

Steelers or Ravens

Packers, Falcons, Bears or Seahawks

Remind me again why at this point in time we should be nervous or talking about any one of those last four teams?

Jeez, I'll worry about the Packers two weeks from now if both teams are Super Bowl bound. Both still have two tough games before they have a chance to meet each other if they ever do.

I'm not worried about the Packers right now, though I'd rather not meet them in the big game if we both happen to get there. They look good on both sides of the ball, though. If they can keep that running game going, they'll be damn near unstoppable.

Can't get too concerned about the NFC at this point. It's not uncommon that a team looks great in the wildcard round and gets blown out the next week.

GB is by far the best team that played this weekend.

Baltimore being the second best.

Having said that I still feel the Patriots are the team to beat in the playoffs.

When somebody posted that they were worried about the Chargers, I told them to not worry about a team not on the schedule. Well, the same applies here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes