PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lito's still out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

slash83

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=755&nc=0

Lito Sheppard isn't in attendance at the Eagles' first full-team OTA.

Sheppard has attended the lone mandatory mini-camp. There had been reports that he would attend the voluntary workouts, and the possibility of the Eagles auditioning Sheppard on offense had even been discussed. The Eagles are likely continuing to look for a trade partner.

We do have SD's 2nd rounder next year just throwin it out there, the trio of Lito, Hobbs, and Bryant sounds great to me... just dont know what he would be demanding contract wise.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=755&nc=0

Lito Sheppard isn't in attendance at the Eagles' first full-team OTA.

Sheppard has attended the lone mandatory mini-camp. There had been reports that he would attend the voluntary workouts, and the possibility of the Eagles auditioning Sheppard on offense had even been discussed. The Eagles are likely continuing to look for a trade partner.

We do have SD's 2nd rounder next year just throwin it out there, the trio of Lito, Hobbs, and Bryant sounds great to me... just dont know what he would be demanding contract wise.

I like Sheppard as a player, but I don't think we would pay him anymore than he's making. If he was willing to play under his current contract or something similar cap-wise, maybe. That coupled with a late 2nd.....highly doubtful but not out of the realm of possibility.

Besides, who do we cut?

http://www.geocities.com/eaglescap/Contract-Documentation4.html

Nah, we signed Bryant, drafted a couple of kids we like, and signed a couple of JAG free agents. Philly did their thing signing Samuel, we aren't going to reward them with a nice pick on top of that. A healthy Hobbs, 2nd year Meriweather and the new guys at CB will hopefully be about equal to the loss we take in Samuel - who is a great big play CB but hardly a shutdown guy.

I agree..he's hurting himself by staying out of the OTAs...don't need someone like that esp when he'll want bigger bucks..Seems like another headache..so given up a 2nd No thanks..if they think it's worth it it will be done...but I tend to think they'll pass.

I think the Eagles will re sign him. If nothing has happened by now, it never will.

I agree..he's hurting himself by staying out of the OTAs...don't need someone like that esp when he'll want bigger bucks..Seems like another headache..so given up a 2nd No thanks..if they think it's worth it it will be done...but I tend to think they'll pass.

Lito is talented though which the only scenario that will be enticing is if he did some similar Stallworth 1 year deal.....no big contract just give him the chance to show his skills while winning the SB to get his big payday somewhere else afterwards...

Lito is talented though which the only scenario that will be enticing is if he did some similar Stallworth 1 year deal.....no big contract just give him the chance to show his skills while winning the SB to get his big payday somewhere else afterwards...

He is not a free agent, I thought It would have to be a trade, I believe.

In that scenario no way Id give up a 2nd rounder for him.

In that scenario no way Id give up a 2nd rounder for him.

good point but it might be a little enticing to get 1 SB year out of him for a 2nd rounder ?!? ...Long-term would be bad though so I agree for the long run...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down