Lito Sheppard possibly to Jags...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/Jacksonville_interested_in_Lito.html

Monday, April 28, 2008

------Jacksonville interested in Lito--------

"There's still a good possibility that Eagles cornerback Lito Sheppard will be traded before this weekend, when the Eagles will hold their post-draft minicamp."

"According to league sources, Sheppard's agent, Lamont Smith, has had extensive conversations with the Jacksonville Jaguars about a possible offer for his client. The Jags, who are trying to make their defense as Peyton Manning-proof as possible, were interested in Sheppard before the draft. But their first-round trade-up with Baltimore to get defensive end Derrick Harvey cost them two third-round picks and a fourth-round selection, leaving them with just two picks in the first four rounds."

The Jags are attempting to load up. I think they are soundly in the AFC Title mix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Re: Lito Sheppard possibly to Jags... link

I too am happy to see the Jags loading up on defense to bring down the Colts, but I will believe the trade when I see it.

If we trade our extra second rounder from next year (San Diego's), can we get him? Are we interested in him at all?

Like others I'd love to see Jacksonville stronger even if they're an additional concern to us. It increases our chance of HF (Indy playing Jax twice) and if we HAD to see another AFC team go to the SB, much better for me if it's Jax over Indy.

It would be great for the jags however i'll believe it when it happens

Indy is having hard time with Jag and Charger in this season because they gear up for Indy.

I'd trade next years second rounder for him...

Unlike other years when they've been penciled in to knock off the Colts, the Jags are looking like the favorites to actually get the job done and overtake Indy for the division title this year.

I think we are going to see a lot of AFC team focusing on improving their pass defense. The two biggest problems for any AFC team to get to the SB are Brady and Manning.

I think we are going to see a lot of AFC team focusing on improving their pass defense. The two biggest problems for any AFC team to get to the SB are Brady and Manning.

The Brady and Manning era has gone on quite a while - It is overdue that another QB or two will step in and join the QB duo of the decade from the dominance and change it a little - I am not sure who that may be in the AFC as far as QBs are concerned but its just overdue that another QB will be on the rise

The Brady and Manning era has gone on quite a while - It is overdue that another QB or two will step in and join the QB duo of the decade from the dominance and change it a little - I am not sure who that may be in the AFC as far as QBs are concerned but its just overdue that another QB will be on the rise

Brady and Manning are all-time greats. The appearance of another all-time great is never "overdue," that's what makes them great, is it not?

I think there may be two joining the fray....both in the NFC -- Romo and baby bro.

I think there may be two joining the fray....both in the NFC -- Romo and baby bro.

R(H)omo had a terrible end to the year last year. That pretty much erased the great one he had at the beginning of it. Plus, he didn't look all that stellar without T.O. I don't know if I'll pencil him and Manning in as the next QB's of the decade quite yet.

As long as it helps bring the Colts down and out of the division title I am all for the rise of the Jags - Sign him Jax!!!

Its really not bad to see a very low media based team become pretty good,As long as the Pats can handle them that is.

What does that even mean?

Not sold on Romo, until u win a playoff game dont call me up..

What does that even mean?

that Jacksonville is a small market team, yet they are a very good team.

other low market teams include Green Bay, Cincinnati, Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye