PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Listening to WEEI today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
They seem to have conceeded the division to the Jets and the fifth playoff spot to the Colts and think the only chance the Pats have to get in is to beat the Ravens for the sixth spot. Does anyone else still think the Pats still have as good of a shot to win the division?

Considering the Jets are 0-2 on the West Coast including a loss to the Raiders and the fact the 49ers are in a must win situation and playing better, I see a chance of the Jets losing today and/or at Seattle. I also can see them potentially splitting the last two AFC East games especially since probably every opponent they face the rest of the way other than Seattle will be in must win situations.

I think it is far, far too early to conceed the division.

all you can do is win your own games and let the chips fall where they may

all you can do is win your own games and let the chips fall where they may

I agree with that, but I still can see them winning the division. I know the Jets were media bandwagon team of the week after their win against the Titans, but they still have their flaws and a tougher schedule than the Pats.

I agree...I think it's totally crazy to concede something when there are 4 games left...and if they lose one..a division game..and they tie...who goes...the Pats!! There is MUCH football left.

I agree with that, but I still can see them winning the division. I know the Jets were media bandwagon team of the week after their win against the Titans, but they still have their flaws and a tougher schedule than the Pats.

I think the Jets could lose today or any of the divisional games.

I think the team can be a #6 at best but you never know

How about the Colts schedule the next 2 weeks? :eek: - The Bengals and the Lions :eek: - If it got any easier for them they would peg them in for the #5 spot right now

Thats like having a 2 week bye week

The Colts schedule the next 2 games makes our next 2 games look like we are facing the Giants twice

Right now all the afc east teams are inconsistent including the pats. You would think the pats have the easiest schedule but they need to show consistency
jets- they were the best in the afc according to some and then lose to the broncs and are 1-3 against the afc west.
miami- has an easy schedule but have to play the jets
too early to say anything
i think the weei guys are condeding the division because no one is pointing them out all the scenarios like one where all 3 teams could be tied at the end and the jets might actually be out :)

Paul Perrillo just said the Jets are definitely going to get the third seed. Funny, I didn't see the place where they have clinched the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins win the division at this point.

I still think it is crazy that they have conceeded the division where I think it may be more likely than a Wild Card.

Right now all the afc east teams are inconsistent including the pats. You would think the pats have the easiest schedule but they need to show consistency
jets- they were the best in the afc according to some and then lose to the broncs and are 1-3 against the afc west.
miami- has an easy schedule but have to play the jets
too early to say anything
i think the weei guys are condeding the division because no one is pointing them out all the scenarios like one where all 3 teams could be tied at the end and the jets might actually be out :)

that would be the best scenario i can think of.....now if someone can knock the giants out....:D:D:D

I think the team can be a #6 at best but you never know

How about the Colts schedule the next 2 weeks? :eek: - The Bengals and the Lions :eek: - If it got any easier for them they would peg them in for the #5 spot right now

Thats like having a 2 week bye week

The Colts schedule the next 2 games makes our next 2 games look like we are facing the Giants twice

I don't think the Pats can get the fifth seed, but the 3rd, 4th, and 6th seed are in play. If the Pats tie the Jets and/or Dolphins for first place in the division and win the tiebraker (or win it outright), that is the 3rd or fourth spot.

The Pats are one game out of the divsion race with both the Jets and Dolphins having tougher schedules the rest of the way with one more divsion game each. I don't know how you can say the best the Pats can do is the 6th spot when a division title is still realistically in reach.

I will conceed the 1st, 2nd, and 5th seed. Barring a catastrophy by the Titans, Steelers, and/or Colts; those seeds are most likely out of reach.

I really think the Jets are going to lose today. Of course I HOPE they do, but I think they will. And I think Losman is playing for his future. He just might steal Edwards job to finish the season if he can win today. The Bills and Fish are both popular in Ontario (thanks to Marino - heck even the Leafs still have hordes of fans and they haven't done squat since the 60's) but I think the Bills might pull it off. Especially if Coles sits.

Imagine the change in one day, though - If the Jets and Fish lose, and we win, then everyone says "if the season ended today" and the story doesn't include the Jets.

It's lame that all the AFCE games are at 4:15. I can't find a 1:00 game I really care to watch.

Last edited:
Paul Perrillo just said the Jets are definitely going to get the third seed. Funny, I didn't see the place where they have clinched the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins win the division at this point.

I still think it is crazy that they have conceeded the division where I think it may be more likely than a Wild Card.

well jets could even lose one more and win the div if the other teams stumble but in that case they would be the 4th seed facing the colts...yikes.
there are too many scenarios but i think the jets chances are better as much as we hate to admit. Yes they could lose to SF or seattle but we are inconsistent too.anything can happen. We also felt that when we went to SF after the miami loss and pulled out a win. and they have 2 home games and play the last game at home which is big and we have to play in noisy buffalo.

right now the jets are the favorite to win unless miami wins the next 3 and puts them on the spot in the last game to play for all the marbles.
i would be happy if the jets dont make the playoffs , it would be so funny after being anointed the best in the afc.

As long as the Pats take care of there own games, everything should fall into place, AFC East or wildcard spot. Still, I'll be checking on the Washington/Baltimore game tonight while I'm at work tonight...

I don't think the Pats can get the fifth seed, but the 3rd, 4th, and 6th seed are in play. If the Pats tie the Jets and/or Dolphins for first place in the division and win the tiebraker (or win it outright), that is the 3rd or fourth spot.

The Pats are one game out of the divsion race with both the Jets and Dolphins having tougher schedules the rest of the way with one more divsion game each. I don't know how you can say the best the Pats can do is the 6th spot when a division title is still realistically in reach.

I will conceed the 1st, 2nd, and 5th seed. Barring a catastrophy by the Titans, Steelers, and/or Colts; those seeds are most likely out of reach.

i actually think they have better shot at the division than the wild card. but if the jets/pats/fins are tied...wont the fins win the division then ?

well jets could even lose one more and win the div if the other teams stumble but in that case they would be the 4th seed facing the colts...yikes.
there are too many scenarios but i think the jets chances are better as much as we hate to admit. Yes they could lose to SF or seattle but we are inconsistent too.anything can happen. We also felt that when we went to SF after the miami loss and pulled out a win. and they have 2 home games and play the last game at home which is big and we have to play in noisy buffalo.

right now the jets are the favorite to win unless miami wins the next 3 and puts them on the spot in the last game to play for all the marbles.
i would be happy if the jets dont make the playoffs , it would be so funny after being anointed the best in the afc.

Being the favorite and having it locked up are two different things.

I really think the Jets are going to lose today. Of course I HOPE they do, but I think they will. And I think Losman is playing for his future. He just might steal Edwards job to finish the season if he can win today. The Bills and Fish are both popular in Ontario (thanks to Marino - heck even the Leafs still have hordes of fans and they haven't done squat since the 60's) but I think the Bills might pull it off. Especially if Coles sits.

Imagine the change in one day, though - If the Jets and Fish lose, and we win, then everyone says "if the season ended today" and the story doesn't include the Jets.

It's lame that all the AFCE games are at 4:15. I can't find a 1:00 game I really care to watch.

How true JSn, this is the one sunday all season that I have to work on and would of loved for a 2pm (Atlantic time) start time for the Pats game. I could of at least watched the first half. Better go dust off my VCR, hahaha, remember those? :eek:

Being the favorite and having it locked up are two different things.

paul perillo thinks we are close to done and the pats have no chance even if went to the playoffs.

i actually think they have better shot at the division than the wild card. but if the jets/pats/fins are tied...wont the fins win the division then ?

I agree the division seems like a more likely scenario. It depends on the record when they are tied. I think if the Pats and Dolphins lose one more and the Jets lose two more, there are scenarios where the Pats win the three way tiebreakers especially if the Pats' loss is today against an NFC team. I think you are right if both the Pats and Dolphins win out and the Jets lose one (which would have to be against the Dolphins) because the Dolphins would have the best conference record.

I think Perillo's taking Casale's spot as the Pats doubter.

NOT as vad as Casale...but not thinking out of the box much...not respecting the fact that there are MANy scenarios....and that the Jets MAY have problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes