PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Listen to Gil Santos and you'll learn something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey...Now I agree totally there!! yes G&G sometimes miss simple things like that..but on the other hand, their perspective and call of teh game is pretty good!! Tell me would people rather listen to the idiots on TV?? I haven't and don't and now that I have the radio to synch G&G it'll be all the better.. I have listened to them for ages...and it all started for me as a kid growing up listening to Johney Most...forget about the TV guys it was MOST all the way!! The VOICE of the Celtics!! With the Pats its Gil and Gino that have been with the team for a LONG time..and the bring it all to the broadcast.
SO much better!

I love G&G, legends. Unfortunately, time catches up to all of us, **** Enberg used to be the best in the business, Now he's nowhere near the top dog anymore. G&G will probably be with us a few more years, lets embrace them. They are walking history.

this reminds me of the morons criticizing Pat Summerall toward the end, the guy symbolized Sunday afternoons for a generation. If he slipped up one or 2 times because he was 117 years old it was more than made up for by the history he brought to moment. One of the best parts of the Patriots finally winning a Super Bowl was that Pat Summerall was the one who called it.

And that goes for Gil Santos. Anyone harping on Gil and Gino obviously dont understand what it meant to grow up with them.

I don't think the tv media is any better

a) Randall Gay was a starter on the team when we beat the Rams in the Super Bowl.

b) Randy Moss actually caught that 22-yard pass today that the rest of the world saw Ben Watson catch.

I heard the TV announcer say those same things, too. My favorite was when New England scored a touchdown against the Giants.

Last edited:
Too me there is none better.
Remember there are spotters in the press box who identify the players
and pass in on to the announcers.
During the preseason I listned to them. They sounded great but the amount of mistakes,and lack of disciption of the game lead me to believe that they have OLD TIMERS DESIEASE something very insidious, that I have had to deal with from time to time. ;)

Today on the radio broadcast, I learned from Gil Santos that....

a) Randall Gay was a starter on the team when we beat the Rams in the Super Bowl.

b) Randy Moss actually caught that 22-yard pass today that the rest of the world saw Ben Watson catch.

c) After our first field goal and touchdown, the lead was 14-0, apparently due to some kind of new math.

Wow, that's pretty poor, but I am willing to see the humor in it and not worry about it.

:bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back