PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

List of sports media people who can kiss my ass

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point, the reflexive hating of anyone that utters a bad word about Belichick and the saintification of anyone who defends him in the media has to stop. I've agreed with some points made by critics and disagreed with some of the supporters.

Judging a reporter based on what he or she says on this one issue seems a bit silly to me. If you like a reporter, and think he or she has a good track record, but the opinion on "cameragate" is not one you particularly like, maybe it's a good indication that one could be more open minded, not that the reporter is suddenly an as*hole.

Anyway, I wish we had David Halberstam's take on this. Were he still around, I would greatly value and respect what he had to say on this one -- even if it were negative and you know he wouldn't pull the punch if he thought it appropriate. Alas, we don't. It's a shame. I don't think there's any single view out there I would value more or regard as more close to a fair-minded, honest, and informed view.

Mike Reiss- wolf in sheeps clothing who hasnt picked the Pats to win yet this year. Maybe he will pick us to beat the Jills who knows.

e
Mike Reiss- wolf in sheeps clothing who hasnt picked the Pats to win yet this year. Maybe he will pick us to beat the Jills who knows.
He would NOT be on my list...I do NOT think everyone who picks against the Patriots should be in this category...find me something he has said that has been WAY off the mark like many of the turkeys listed here??

Add Tim Cowlishaw and Jay Mariotti, from today's Around the Horn. Cowlishaw constantly referred to the NEP as cheaters, and that more investigations of additional abuses are forthcoming. Mariotti commended Manjudas for alerting NFL Security, though he fears that he could be blackballed by other owners, due to Kraft's influence.

The ignorance, hypocracy and hatred displayed by the drive-by media has been more pervasive than even I imagined.

I've never really paid much attention to the members of the sports media until this week when they started to piss me off. Here's a list of the ones who can kiss my ass.

Cris Collinsworth
Tom Jackson
Shannon Sharpe
Bob Costas

I'm sure I'm leaving out others.

I never understood how or why Shannon Sharpe got the job he has. He adds nothing, picks against the Pats 100% of time (that's real thoughtful analysis) and he CAN"T SPEAK. One would think a commentator should be capable of clear pronunciation. :rolleyes:

e
He would NOT be on my list...I do NOT think everyone who picks against the Patriots should be in this category...find me something he has said that has been WAY off the mark like many of the turkeys listed here??

I agree. This list should not be about someone underestimating, doubting, or whatever with the Pats.

It's for people jumping to conclusions and character assassination by speculation.

Collinsworth was the worst of them all. I could see the venom in his sanctimonious face.

There must be payback for every traitor...foreign or domestic.

Can we have a sticky???

ANDREA KRAMER CAN KISS MY ASS! Not on the left cheek or right cheek, but right smack dab in the allaroundbrown eye.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/patriots/?p=1611
In terms of the accusations the Pats had illegally placed a microphone on a defensive player to pick up the audibles of opposing quarterbacks, another charge with the Jets fingerprints all over it, Aiello responded: “We have no evidence to support that claim.'’

Isn't it funny the entire teams of the NFL have all called out the Patriots for being the cheaters? I am so glad now the Patriots are a team that America can hate.

They can hate the Patriots all the way to Arizona. Mangini (ex-camera boy)...has broken the code again. the rat bas-tard.

Bettis must have forgot the 04 Champ game already..14 points were scored by special teams..I'm harboring a growing dislike for Felger and Tomase. And Peter King,who's nothing more than an NFL rump swab/appologist...
Tomlinson needs to be in a stroller with a rattle..I refuse to call him LT.There has been,and only will ever be one LT in the NFL..He played LB for the Giants. Tomlinson couldn't carry LT's jock..

I am going against my better judgment even responding to a troll, but I'm really tired of claims like this one.

BB has a reputation of never complaining to the league office when things don't go his way, there haven't even been any reports of the Pats calling for investigations of any other teams' activities after what they have been accused of, they have just shut up and taken their medicine.

BP and the Colts have been a different story. BP has a history of complaining to the league or the officials to get an advantage, such as complaining about the condition of the Pats' field when we had the home field or talking to the refs before games to emphasize watching out for certain offenses. Did you hear the Pats complaining to the league when BP turned off the A/C or piped in noise? The answer is no, and you didn't hear many fans here asking for an investigation either. You may have heard some complaints, but like BB and the Pats, I think most fans here understand that that is part of the game and that is part of home field advantage.

BP has also been on the competition committee seemingly forever, and he has used that position to enhance the Colts chances of winning by manipulating the rules. It may not be against the rules if you can make the rules, but IMHO it certainly IS cheating. If BP was concerned about a level playing field then he would be concerned about the integrity of ALL rules, not just the "re-emphasis" of the rules that suit his own team. I notice he doesn't seem to have much of a problem with the way offensive holding is called, that couldn't be because it would adversely affect his team would it?

When Peyton Manning finally hangs them up and Colts become a team based on a strong defense, that will be the time when BP gets his epiphany and decides to re-emphasize offensive holding.

The Colts of all teams have NO room to talk about anyone cheating. You guys live in a glass house and everyone knows it.

So many points, so little time to refute. I'll pick one that I haven't seen debated anywhere; the myth about BP not caring about offensive holding.
I've read in this forum that the Colts get away with murder on holding calls, which I honestly have not noticed, but that's probably because on offensive plays I'm busy looking at our receivers or at Peyton, while opposing fans are probably looking at their defensive line hoping they get to Peyton.

At least that's my logical conclusion. Not refuting the consensus that the Colts get away with holding because I simply don't know.

However, on defense, I do watch our defensive line, particularly Dwight Freeney. And as a result, I can tell you that he gets held about 4 or 5 times a game, usually when the LT doesn't have help from the TE or the FB.

Bill Polian has talked about opposing defenders getting away with holding against the defensive players LEAGUE-WIDE. To the point that he is considering going to the competition committee--of which everyone knows he is a memeber (smart man, why didn't BB think of getting Pioli on board?)--and requesting that all refs call the games equally. It is believed that there are a few ref crews that refuse to call holding and all the teams know ahead of time when these refs are going to be calling their games and naturally they exploit that.

So you see, if he is successful in getting all the refs to enforce holding calls equally, then that will affect all defensive players, including those going up against the the Colts offensive line.

He is part of the competition committee in charge of leveling the playing field on all games. If you guys think the Colts O-line gets away with murder, and if Polian is such an evil genius, he wouldn't be doing this, would he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back