PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

List of possible salary cap cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah! They have Rodney listed.

Just because of that, I just whipped up a new Rodney avatar.

pats1 said:
Bah! They have Rodney listed.

Just because of that, I just whipped up a new Rodney avatar.

Yeah you can bet its going to be Starks already and Poole my man Rodney
is the heart of the secondary.

I'm going to get back on my Chris Clairborne bandwagon if he becomes available. I'm not sure what his injury status is, however I've always thought he'd be a good fit for us and he does have some versatility.

I'm with Pats1 100% on this one...... Harrison a cap cut?!? NO WAY. If he can play he's on the team, if he can't comeback to an effective level he'll retire. Done! :rocker:

They left McGinest off the Pat's list and he is the second most obvious cut possibility of all...

ESPN even mentions in a different article about how Willie could be cut.

Micheal Pittman? If he gets shown the door then sign him up NOW.

They can't cut Rodney. They just can't. If he is back fron the injury he's better than anyone that they will pick up in FA or the draft.

If they need an extra 1mil cap space then Russ Hors is the better cut. We can draft a gaurd/center to fill his spot.

If Buffalo cuts Adams, there is your perfect back-up for Wilfork. Plus of course another son-of-a patriot. I say BB would bring him in in a heartbeat.

WEEI reported this morning the Pats cut Starks.

Who's next?

Willie McGinest will not get his bonus. And with the CBA in a state of uncertainty, you can bet he won't be on the roster by the end of next week. Too bad, because he can still get after it when not having to play the whole 60-minutes.

I still think he'll be back, ala Troy Brown. He won't get big money from Cleveland or NYJ. But Oakland could always spring a surprise.

Mcginest in a raiders uniform? Id be tempted to shoot myself. IMO Chad Brown and Tyrone Poole need to go. Release Mcginest after letting him know you're going to resign him, get an agreement. Release those other two gentleman, and we'll have some space.

Who is the numb nuts that put Rodney on that list?? If they cut Rodney they save nothing. NOTHING!!!

EDIT: They would save $643,000 for you nit pickers out there, which for a guy like Rodney is NOTHING!!

These G-damn media outlets should have some facts before they publish such crap.:enranged:

Last edited:
They apparently know more about the pats than you do. We are NOT cutting one of the top linebackers in the league, and the heart and soul of the defense.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
They left McGinest off the Pat's list and he is the second most obvious cut possibility of all...

ESPN even mentions in a different article about how Willie could be cut.

Micheal Pittman? If he gets shown the door then sign him up NOW.

holyredeemer said:
Mcginest in a raiders uniform? Id be tempted to shoot myself. IMO Chad Brown and Tyrone Poole need to go. Release Mcginest after letting him know you're going to resign him, get an agreement. Release those other two gentleman, and we'll have some space.

Cutting Chad before the roster bonus is due only saves $575 k.

regardless of how much we save, he needs to go. Our lb corps is far too old to keep an underachieving old man on board. if we lose bruschi again, for any reason whatsoever, then we are in trouble. Brown Didnt do jack, he looked lost and confused all season long.

pats1 said:
Cutting Chad before the roster bonus is due only saves $575 k.

According to Miguels cap page we would save 1mil cuttting C Brown. The cap hit being $262,000.

PATSNUTme said:
According to Miguels cap page we would save 1mil cuttting C Brown. The cap hit being $262,000.

He actually has it as a $700 k net save - factoring in the fact that the roster bonus won't be paid.

Last edited:
holyredeemer said:
regardless of how much we save, he needs to go. Our lb corps is far too old to keep an underachieving old man on board. if we lose bruschi again, for any reason whatsoever, then we are in trouble. Brown Didnt do jack, he looked lost and confused all season long.

So..you'd rather have Eric Alexander as a backup LB than Chad Brown.

O.K.....

178 career NFL games to 4 career NFL games (or 0 if you see Ryan Claridge in there instead of Alexander for Brown).

People need to lay off the guy. He was a speed-rushing OLB, and a damn good one at that, in his days with Seattle. The Pats expected him to be what Colvin was last year - the 3rd OLB. He was signed after Bruschi's stroke, but before Ted Johnson's retirement. Until Bruschi came back, Brown was the #1 MLB, a position he never held in his career. When Bruschi returned and Vrabel was moved inside, Brown was put back into the role the Patriots wanted him in. Thus, he started to perform fairly well near the end of the season and into the playoffs - at OLB.

The same can be said about Beisel. Surely, the Pats didn't see him starting at MLB for the first time in his career to start the season, in his first year with a new team. That's suicide for 99% of players. Expecting him to be a legitimate starter after a conversion while still learning a new defense is absolutely crazy. Now the Pats have him back in the desired role - learning behind Vrabel and Bruschi at MLB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back