PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lions V. Pats Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW. I hope the league fines Dominic Raiola for going low on Zach Moore the way he did on the last play of the game. That's a chump move..

Brady seemed a bit off. Shoulda seen the safety on the pick he tried to force into Gronk.

If Gronk doesn't get tackled by the guy covering him before the ball arrives (which of course the useless refs missed) it would have been a completion and not a pick. It should have been PI, automatic first down and not a turnover.

This OL hasn't given up a sack in two games. Bravo.

If Gronk doesn't get tackled by the guy covering him before the ball arrives (which of course the useless refs missed) it would have been a completion and not a pick. It should have been PI, automatic first down and not a turnover.

Gotta disagree with you Big-T. Ihedigbo had that pass intercepted because it was actually behind Gronkowski. It was a bad throw by Brady. I do agree that it should have been DPI and a 1st down for the Pats..

Another bad call was on the Logan Ryan Interception where they called Harmon for "blocking low".. Harmon went at the guys thighs..

Gotta disagree with you Big-T. Ihedigbo had that pass intercepted because it was actually behind Gronkowski. It was a bad throw by Brady. I do agree that it should have been DPI and a 1st down for the Pats..

Fair enough, didn't really see where Ihedigbo came from at the time so if he had it covered too then yeah, bad pass.

But the missed call by the crew was poor. That's a call that should be made every time.

@jeffphowe
The Patriots defense posted a board in the meeting room this week with "trash talk" from Lions claiming they were NFL's best defense...

@jeffphowe
...Revis said they used that as motivation and called some of the Lions' comments a "slap in the face."

Love it, love it!

Loved the fact that we can change our gameplan so drastically on offense. It really keeps opposing defenses have to be ready for anything.

That being said, when our offense emphasizes the quick passing game, it really needs to be in uptempo to keep defenses basic. When we were up by 3 scores in the second half and we stopped being in a hurry up, the Lions D was able to neutralize the short passing game. I have no problem passing the ball when we were up big, but they should have kept the tempo high.

This is our best defense since the 03 squad.

Our DBs have been great since the KC game, our LBS have stepped up since then as well, but now our DL is playing just as well as the other units.

Ayers has been great, but the Branch addition has looked like it could have just as big an impact. He looks like a handful. Should have drawn a few holding calls.

What is going on with Patrick Chung? He is a different player than the one who was here before and who was with the Eagles. This guy deserves credit. His pass coverage has been a lot better.

I love Collins in coverage, but he really is a handful when he's rushing off the edge. Too fast for OLs, too strong for RBs.

My small gripe with the defense:

- Most of the big passes we've given up all year has been when we are in a zone. Not saying we should never be in zone, but they gotta shore that up.

"I cut him," Raiola said. "We took a knee, so I cut the nose (tackle). They went for six (a touchdown). They went for a touchdown at 2 minutes. They could have took three knees and the game could have been over. It's football. He wants to keep playing football, let's play football. Not a big deal. It's football."
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2014/11/23/dominic-raiola-dirty-player/19455201/

Perhaps he'd have a point if they hadn't gotten the chance to score that TD because of a dirty play on the field goal.

Brady seemed a bit off. Shoulda seen the safety on the pick he tried to force into Gronk. Overthrew Squirrel on an open deep pass. Another pass coulda been picked but was dropped.
I love criticizing a guy completing 2/3rds of his passes, 2 TDs and 349 yards. :)
The only reason the safety could pick that off was because Gronk was effectively tackled. Should have absolutely been a penalty.

I will say I hope to god to never see Corrente's crew ref another game for us this year. He is neck in neck for worse ref crew with Boger.

Another bad call was on the Logan Ryan Interception where they called Harmon for "blocking low".. Harmon went at the guys thighs..

Low in that case means below the waist, doesn't it?

Brady needs to stop throwing INT three straight games now. To be fair to him though only 6 all year still pretty good

Low in that case means below the waist, doesn't it?

The only time that I know of that you can't block below the waist is when a player is already engaged. That wasn't the case for Harmon's target.. Harmon's target was running free..

Arrington - Looks like a concussion.

I doubt it is a concussion since he was able to return to the game. I guess he passed the concussion protocol in the locker room. Looked more like a neck issue.

BTW. I hope the league fines Dominic Raiola for going low on Zach Moore the way he did on the last play of the game. That's a chump move..

They won't because he used the "Pats were running it up" excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots