Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by SVN, Oct 14, 2008.
ProFootballTalk.com - LIONS TRADE ROY WILLIAMS TO COWBOYS
Link doesn't work, what are the details?
No details really. Just four sentences of them saying the Lions traded Williams to Dallas.
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but were other trades made today? Heard Buffalo was interested in Tony Gonzales.
Gonzalez is staying in KC at least until the end of the season.
It seems like Jerry Jones is reverting to must-win-now, win-at-all-costs mentality. He's giving up a 1st, a 3rd, and a 6th (gets a 7th back) for Williams, and now he's signing him to a 5 year contract with $20 mil guaranteed/$45 mil total. So that's essentially a first and a third, plus $20 million guaranteed for a #2 WR on a team that's already set at that position but has holes elsewhere? What is he trying to do, be the new Al Davis?
Personally, it's not a bad trade, why?
1) We already had 2 3rd rounders(one being from Cleveland last year), and the 3rd we gave up was our's.
2) Thanks to Pacman's suspension, we'll not only get a 5th rounder from the Titans, but we don't have to give them our 6th rounder next year(and we have another from the Jason Ferguson to Miami trade). So we had 2 6th rounders to begin with.
3) Detroit also gave us a 7th rounder as part of the deal.
4) TO at 35 is getting long in the tooth. He's still very good, but outside of him, our other guys are nothing more than slot receivers(i.e. Crayton).
5) Roy is well in his prime. And to boot, he's from TX and grew up a Cowboys fan.
Like I said-it's not a bad trade at all.
Eagles, Giants, and Bills were interested in him. Giants offered a 6th, but KC wanted a 3rd. Was surprised Philly didn't make a move b/c they are LOADED with '09 picks AND an unhappy Lito.
Separate names with a comma.