PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lions to keep Matt Millen despite continuous losing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Yeah some things just are truly amazing. Glad I'm not a fan of that organization but I do feel for the fans.

It boggles the mind. The Ford family must really not care. Lions fans just have to get more militant in order for things to change.

Yeah some things just are truly amazing. Glad I'm not a fan of that organization but I do feel for the fans.

Millen's Lions have finished DEAD LAST in their division in 4 of his 6 years as an executive. His picks have been horrible.

Millen must have some compromising photos of Bill Ford hidden somewhere...

It's amazing to me how Jim Mora and Dennis Green were fired, and yet this douchebag still gets to keep his job. He has had 6 losing seasons, and is signed on for 4 more years. The Lions are a complete joke.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2717730

Well said ... you could have typed 20 paragraphs on that emotion ... but why bother ... Detriot likes picking in the top 10 of the draft and that's all that matters.

Amazing how people still attend their games. Season ticket holders need to drop their tix and people need to stop going to the games.

How many people can honestly say they'll be suprised if Detroit picks Calvin Johnson this year?

It boggles the mind. The Ford family must really not care. Lions fans just have to get more militant in order for things to change.
Like that will happen. They got 100 fans to participate in their last little walk out.

A friend from Detroit sent me this:

YOUR DETROIT LIONS

> > > > > Q. Why was Matt Millen upset when the Detroit Lions playbook
was stolen?
> > > > > A. Because he hadn't finished coloring it.

> > > > > Q. What's the difference between the Detroit Lions & the Taliban?
> > > > > A. The Taliban has a running game

> > > > > Q. What do the Detroit Lions & Billy Graham have in common?
> > > > > A. They both can make 60,000 people stand up & yell "************"!

> > > > > Q. How do you keep a Detroit Lion out of your yard?
> > > > > A. Put up goal posts
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Q. What do you call a Detroit Lion with a SuperBowl ring?
> > > > > A. A thief

> > > > > Q. Why doesn't Flint, MI have a professional football team?
> > > > > A. Because then Detroit would want one

> > > > >
> > > > > Q. What's the difference between the Detroit Lions and a dollar
>bill?
> > > > > A. You can still get four quarters out of a dollar
> > > > >
> > > > > Q. How many Detroit Lions does it take to win a Superbowl?
> > > > > A. Nobody knows and we may never find out!
> > > > >
> > > > > Q. What do you call 47 people sitting around a TV watching the
> > > >SuperBowl?
> > > > >
> > > > > A. The Detroit Lions
> > > > >
> > > > > Q. What do the Detroit Lions and opossums have in common?
> > > > > A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road
> > > > >
> > > > > Q. How can you tell when the Detroit Lions are going to run the
> > > >football?
> > > > >
> > > > > A. The back leaves the huddle with tears in his eyes.

How many people can honestly say they'll be suprised if Detroit picks Calvin Johnson this year?

Absolutely...and they'll trade up too just in case.

hahaha, I think I'd fall off my chair if that happened.

It's amazing to me how Jim Mora and Dennis Green were fired, and yet this douchebag still gets to keep his job. He has had 6 losing seasons, and is signed on for 4 more years. The Lions are a complete joke.

God, how I wish we were in the Lions' division!! Chicago, et al. must be loving this! The funny thing is, they have a pretty potent offense with Mike Martz running the show. Too bad they won't be picking the right players for the next 4 years to help him out!

A friend from Detroit sent me this:

YOUR DETROIT LIONS

> > > > > Q. What do the Detroit Lions & Billy Graham have in common?
> > > > > A. They both can make 60,000 people stand up & yell "************"!

Laughed outloud at this one. Thanks for posting!:D

I think it's inexplicable that the Lions keep Millen. He's arrogant and incompetent. Too bad fans have so little power, other than boycotting the game they love.

The Lions have been an enigma this year. They lose but it's often close and they lose at the end; they just can't seem to hang on to a lead. Total frustration for the fans as well as the team,but they beat Dallas which was seen as a coup of sorts, so who knows what the organization is thinking.
http://detroitlions.com/section_display.cfm?section_id=51&top=1&level=3

Well, many of us get addicted to things that are bad for us, maybe the Lions are addicted to losing?

He must have a picture of the Lions owner with a french maid outfit on with a raquetball in his mouth or something......nothing else explains this idiocy.....

I despise Millen and when he took this job, I wanted nothing but failure and humiliation to fall upon him. Needless to say, I have not been disappointed.

I just cannot for the life of me understand how this idiot keeps his job. I mean, he can't even point to a .500 season to fall back on. His best year was 6-10. His career record is 24-72.

As someone else mentioned, I just feel bad for the fans. Detroit is a great sports city... it's just a shame they don't have pro football.

The explanation: The owners are real draftinks. Like many football fans, they totally get off on having a high pick each year. The fact that they have no clue what to do with it is irrelevant.

Amazing how people still attend their games. Season ticket holders need to drop their tix and people need to stop going to the games.

Well, it isn't as if NE hasn't had their share of questionable owners and poor GMs, and many here treat it as a badge of honor that they never turned their back on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots