PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lions to Cut Rogers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why worry about Charles Rodgers? Twenty other teams have to pass

on him before the Pats could claim him off waivers.

Pats726 said:
Maybe you believe the Pats will find a solid wide receiver sitting around waiting on a platter to be picked up...usually at this point there are none, so a team has to gamble
with possibilities..(injuries, attitude, size etc..) and do there best.

And as I said, no one would argue Rogers isn't worth a shot - it is just a very low percentage shot. It is not unlike the chances that Sullivan will develop into a reliable DL player for us - little chance it will happen but if you give up nothing, take a shot. Bethel was nothing. Signing a guy who gets cut is also giving up nothing.

I just find it comical that people would see him as anything more than an extreme long shot yet there is a post on this thread saying he would step in as our #2. There were posts last week saying we should trade a day 1 pick or Branch for him. This is for a guy who can't beat out Glenn Martinez and Mike Furrey for back-ups spots one of which is behind Corey Bradford - not exactly the Arizona WR line-up he can't crack. The guy was the #2 pick in the draft 4 years ago - that is a lifetime in the NFL.

Right now we need Deion to come in and stay healthy and we need to be able to put 2 of Brown, Caldwell, and Jackson out there with him every week if we are going to be OK at WR. If that doesn't happen, we have WR issues.

I'm sure we are going to claim some WR who is cut since the WR trade market is weak. Maybe it will even be Rogers. And when we do, it is still likely that we are in the exact spot we are now.

Last edited:
You know, dhamz, I wish we were all so funny for you, then you could laugh all the way to your magic mirror where you repeat daily, "I know so much more than the fools on Patsfans.com, boy, they are so dumb it's comical! I know so much more than the fools on Patsfans.com, boy, they are so dumb it's comical!"

Just wondering, but who holds up the cue cards for you? That's an awful lot of words for a guy with so much on his mind to remember...:singing:

Thanks for posting the link to that article. Rogers sounds exactly like Bethel did when he was benched! Yikes...

"Ain't nothing changed with me. I've been practicing hard, doing what I'm supposed to do" Rogers said. "I've done everything in my control, in my power that I can control."

I really fear his injury problems more than anything. Attitude can change with maturity and good coaching (See Chris Carter, former Eagle coke-head, and Viking good guy Hall of Famer). Rods in both shoulders sounds very scary. It's truly a shame, and a waste of great talent, he was a monster in college (as a player, not as a person). I don't think he ever got seriously injured OR in trouble at Michigan State. I wouldn't mind the Pats taking a chance, but not trade a high draft choice or anything (4th rounder is the highest they should go, since if he get's cut, we probably won'r have a chance at getting him). BTW, the other problem child we didn't take a chance on, Ahmad Brooks looked very very good for Cincy. I would have given up a third rounder for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd try and trade for Donte Stallworth.

Heres why:

I would absolutley LOVE to get Stallworth I think he could be a ture #1 WR for the Pats, but with the system we seem to play he could be playing his best football over a longer period of time becasue of Brady, and all the targets we have.

And being serious Branch is a #2 WR at best on any other team despite his SB MVP award. And Stallworth has more than enough talent to be a great #1 WR, and is porbably just as good as Branch is right now.

Maroney,Stallworth,Jackson,Mill and Watson......now to me that looks like some sweet targets to have and plenty of people to spread the ball too. And there all young and still to hit there prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back