PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lions/Seahawks swap Redding, Peterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lions.Seahawks swap Redding,Peterson

Weren't the Hawks just going to release peterson anyway. Detroit should have waited or read patsfans.com message board or something.

Yes they were but I guess they didn't want to get into a bidding war who knows its Detroit, Redding was overpaid.

I'm thrilled to see Peterson land with Detroit. I thought that the Giants were going to make a play with them and offer their extra 2nd round pick (#45). Peterson would have made the Giants D even scarier.

Don't think the Giants could afford him after signing Canty and Boley. Not sure if they even have 1M in cap space.

If the Lions wanted him, they probably weren't going to risk him going elsewhere in free agency. I mean, not many people would sign with the Lions if they had other options :p

This trade is all about money!

By completing this trade, Detroit moves $5.5M of Reddings amortized compensation into the 2009 cap year, effectively reducing the cash that the Lions have to spend in 2009 by $5.5M.

Detroit (the city) isn't doing well right now. GM and Ford are insolvent. And guess which family who owns the Lions and their stadium (hint: its called Ford Field).

I'm not predicting that the Family is forced to sell the Lions (although I wouldn't be shocked either).

I _am_ predicting that they dump salary in 2009 and 2010, and pocket upwards of $50M in the name of financial solvency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes