PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lions have reached agreement with T.J. Duckett on a one-year, $1.5 million contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadwayjoe

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Lions have reached agreement with T.J. Duckett on a one-year, $1.5 million contract.

This gives Detroit some leverage to move Tatum Bell, although the club's current asking price is reportedly a second-round pick, so that'll need to be lowered if the Lions truly hope to move him. Duckett will be a threat to steal short-yardage carries from whomever starts at running back for the Lions in 2007, but likely require an injury to make any fantasy impact

Are the Lions trying to corner the market with running backs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2793638

Last edited:
Re: Lions have reached agreement with T.J. Duckett on a one-year, $1.5 million contra

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Lions have reached agreement with T.J. Duckett on a one-year, $1.5 million contract.

This gives Detroit some leverage to move Tatum Bell, although the club's current asking price is reportedly a second-round pick, so that'll need to be lowered if the Lions truly hope to move him. Duckett will be a threat to steal short-yardage carries from whomever starts at running back for the Lions in 2007, but likely require an injury to make any fantasy impact

Are the Lions trying to corner the market with running backs.

I think this is a great signing by the Lions....especially at the price. Even if they keep Bell, this works for the Lions all day.

Words I never thought I would type...."great move by Millen"

Re: Lions have reached agreement with T.J. Duckett on a one-year, $1.5 million contra

i thought kevin jones was rehabbing well
now they add bell and duckett
i guess those jones reports were bull

And the patsies signed Sammy the Cheater Morris for how much?

That deal is looking worse by the day.

no one cares

no one cares

When the Pats get stuffed, again.....and again....on 4th and 1, I think we will care. Too late now.

When the Pats get stuffed, again.....and again....on 4th and 1, I think we will care. Too late now.

I think Maroney will do great in short yardage situations, and dont think that will be a problem. morris was brought in for other reasons and not goal line reasons.

Last edited:

I think Maroney will do great in short yardage situations, and dont think that will be a problem. morris was brought in for other reasons and not goal line reasons.

As a Pats fan....I do hope you're right. I think we will know by the end of September...but as much as I like Maroney...I'm still holding my breath a bit.

Sammy the cheater? Didn't he get caught using sudafed? I don't think that's a big problem unless he was stockpiling and cooking meth.

How Duckett's stock has dropped.

Morris is a better football player. A better receiver, a better special teams player.

Morris is a better football player. A better receiver, a better special teams player.

Who's the better runner, though? Esp. at those prices.

MY first choice would have been Duckett's former teammate, Justin Griffith.

Career attempts: 81
Yards gained: 378
Ave. yds/att: 4.7

Career receptions: 87
Yards gained: 621
Ave. yds/rec: 7.1

Duckett must be really good to sign for that money. Maybe he took less to go to Detroit and try and get a ring.:p

sammy morris is much much better than tj duckett
i dont understand everyones obssession of duckett here
hes really not that good

MY first choice would have been Duckett's former teammate, Justin Griffith.
:confused:

He's a FB who's never had more than 38 carries IN A SEASON.

Nice first choice :confused:

:bricks:

31 TD's in 4 seasons as Atlanta's goalline carrier proves he a very good goalline guy.

The year in Washington was a washout, and not down to his doing IMO

Last edited:

:confused:

He's a FB who's never had more than 38 carries IN A SEASON.

Nice first choice :confused:

:bricks:

Griffith's career yds./att.: 4.7

Morris' career yds./att.: 3.9

Griffith's contract: 3 years, $3.8M

Morris' contract: 4 years, $7M

Griffith may not be a first choice, but he's a better choice than Morris, and he will provide the faiders more bang for the buck than Sudafed will for the patsies.

Griffith's career yds./att.: 4.7

Morris' career yds./att.: 3.9
Griffith has 81 career carries, give me a break. Heath Evans averaged 4.3 YPA last year, I guess we could have had him be our backup RB :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back