Welcome to PatsFans.com

Lions fan phoned in bomb threat to try to end Saints-Lions game

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Wolfpack, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Pretty interesting case of fan dedictation, which I hadn't even heard about until this morning. A Lions fan, coincidentally named Shawn Payton, phoned in a bomb threat to try to stop the Lions-Saints game when he team was losing.

I can't tell if this is something to laugh at or be frightened over. He's very sorry he did it and, obviously, scared ****less that now he's going to be doing some serious time.

Lions fan admits making Superdome bomb threat | ProFootballTalk

“Hi, I want you to relay a message to the sideline. If your stupid Southern team keeps winning, there will be reper…severe consequences. OK?” Shawn Payton said in the second call, which law enforcement personnel recorded after being alerted to the first call.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  2. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +776 / 21 / -27

He deserves whatever he gets
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

+1. The fear and panic he could have created is pretty serious. Even with no bomb, that could have led to injuries.

I think every single team should have bomb sniffing dogs on their payrolls (if they don't already). A lunatic with a gun in a crowded place could kill a couple people. A lunatic with a bomb could kill a couple hundred.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012