Welcome to PatsFans.com

Lions fan phoned in bomb threat to try to end Saints-Lions game

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Wolfpack, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Pretty interesting case of fan dedictation, which I hadn't even heard about until this morning. A Lions fan, coincidentally named Shawn Payton, phoned in a bomb threat to try to stop the Lions-Saints game when he team was losing.

I can't tell if this is something to laugh at or be frightened over. He's very sorry he did it and, obviously, scared ****less that now he's going to be doing some serious time.

Lions fan admits making Superdome bomb threat | ProFootballTalk

ā€œHi, I want you to relay a message to the sideline. If your stupid Southern team keeps winning, there will be reperā€¦severe consequences. OK?ā€ Shawn Payton said in the second call, which law enforcement personnel recorded after being alerted to the first call.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  2. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +892 / 20 / -20

He deserves whatever he gets

3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

+1. The fear and panic he could have created is pretty serious. Even with no bomb, that could have led to injuries.

I think every single team should have bomb sniffing dogs on their payrolls (if they don't already). A lunatic with a gun in a crowded place could kill a couple people. A lunatic with a bomb could kill a couple hundred.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012