PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lions DT Ndamukong Suh {edited 2x} WINS APPEAL TO UNSUSPEND for latest stomp/step for playoffs

Pereira talks about how in real time it doesn't look intentional but that youtube channel doesn't show the video in real time. Talk about poor reporting by Fox Sports!
Foxsports is pretty good at that

When he wins the appeal, then Goodell et al, can blame the hearing officer. Their hands are clean, this guy is a repeat offender.

Discipline is supposed to be corrective, and obviously what has been previously been tried does not work.

Apparently as he has not had an offense in 32 games or other such nonsense is a determinant for overturning the Goody Two Shoes decision... 33 games of not trying to maim another NFL player helped his cause.

What a freaking sham this turned into.. the hearing officer did it.

Other than that I stand by my prediction captioned above.. the NFL has a different standard for its "stars"...

It's amazing how stupid people can be who are allowed on television to give their opinions.

I was watching some moron today on ESPN say Suh shouldn't be suspended because it will make the games less competitive.

I wonder how less competitive the NFC tournament would be this year if his stunt Sunday had cost Rodgers the rest of his season.

What did he get the fine for? He only wanted to injure him a little bit?

That's like being a little bit pregnant!

So Suh's explanation is that his feet were numb and he could not feel Rodgers leg/ankle underneath him.

What is numb is his brain for coming up with such a stupid excuse and the arbitrator for believing it.

How can you fail to see what he does. Watch it on a loop. He steps on with his right foot, slides off, then steps back with his left foot so it's directly on his leg. He then lifts his right foot so that all his weight is on his left foot. He then PAUSES that way, making sure all his weight is on Rodger's leg. The pause is the killer. Absolutely intentional.

Your description requires knowing what was going on in his mind. I see him watching the play and moving backward. I see dozens of players move like that after plays every game. If it was someone other than Suh, no one would say anything.

• Agree
Reactions: BSR
Apparently as he has not had an offense in 32 games or other such nonsense is a determinant for overturning the Goody Two Shoes decision... 33 games of not trying to maim another NFL player helped his cause.

What a freaking sham this turned into.. the hearing officer did it.

Other than that I stand by my prediction captioned above.. the NFL has a different standard for its "stars"...[/QUOTE

I wasn't aware of that part of the repeat offender guidelines. That is, if you're "clean" for 32 games, your previous offense is not considered if you commit another violation. That kind of makes sense to me. Fans can consider a player dirty for things they've done over the course of their career, but those events have a shelf life when considering the punishment for a player.

It doesn't seem like Goodell considered that when he handed down the original punishment, which isn't anything new. Or maybe he did and figured any overreaction would be addressed during the appeals process.

So Greg Aiello, NFL spokesman, says Suh did not win his appeal, just that Cottrell lessened the penalty from suspension to fine.
Greg Aiello @gregaiello · 2h2 hours ago
.@hblodget No. Mr. Suh didn't win his appeal. Ted Cottrell did not accept the excuse. He decided the apropriate discipline was a $70K fine.
Then:
Greg Aiello @gregaiello · 1h1 hour ago
.@ProFootballTalk Ted Cottrell rejected the numb feet explanation. He believed the action was a serious violation & deserved a $70K fine.
He also said the Goodell was not the person who suspended him but rather Merton Hanks. He is the NFL VP of Operations.

So begins the era of "It's not Goodell who made the {egregious} decision! It was sacrificial minion {insert name here}."
Pa freakin' thetic

So begins the era of "It's not Goodell who made the {egregious} decision! It was sacrificial minion {insert name here}."
Pa freakin' thetic
Ding, ding! Goodell is being shielded from his own stupidity now.

Pa freakin' thetic

I know its fashionable to hang Goodell whenever possible, but the league actually has a system, and Merton Hanks really is the guy who makes the decision and Ted Cottrell really is the guy who hears the appeal.
Goodell does not handle on-field discipline, and never has.
It demeans the Goodell criticism legitimacy by criticizing him for something that he is not involved in.

I know its fashionable to hang Goodell whenever possible, but the league actually has a system, and Merton Hanks really is the guy who makes the decision and Ted Cottrell really is the guy who hears the appeal.
Goodell does not handle on-field discipline, and never has.
It demeans the Goodell criticism legitimacy by criticizing him for something that he is not involved in.

I think the issue is that Goody created the image that pertaining to player and team disciplinary matters, the buck stops with him and he will implement the appropriate punishment.

While many of us were aware that Cottrel and Hanks were part of the hearing process, in my opinion Goodell cast himself as judge, jury and executioner in matters such as these.

I think the issue is that Goody created the image that pertaining to player and team disciplinary matters, the buck stops with him and he will implement the appropriate punishment.
Again, in attempt to slam Goodell with or without reason, you are blaming him for people blaming him for something that is not his decision to make.
How did he create it? He is responsible for the Personal Conduct Policy. The fact that people don't know what they are talking about and think he is responsible for something he isn't really isn't his fault.

While many of us were aware that Cottrel and Hanks were part of the hearing process, in my opinion Goodell cast himself as judge, jury and executioner in matters such as these.
Your opinion is wrong. You are blaming Goodell because you don't pay attention to what his role is.
I'm no Goodell fan, but any real criticism is skewed by criticizing him for your own misunderstanding.

I was just listening to Sirius XM NFL radio, Suh has been fined $475,000 since he became a member of the NFL. He is offering his service to the highest bidder, he said it's all about the money.

Right, Goodell has no control whatsoever over the decisions & actions of his minions

Why do such egregious miscarriages keep happening to this beleaguered commissioner?

Perhaps if he was paid more, he could fix this

Again, in attempt to slam Goodell with or without reason, you are blaming him for people blaming him for something that is not his decision to make.
How did he create it? He is responsible for the Personal Conduct Policy. The fact that people don't know what they are talking about and think he is responsible for something he isn't really isn't his fault.

Your opinion is wrong. You are blaming Goodell because you don't pay attention to what his role is.
I'm no Goodell fan, but any real criticism is skewed by criticizing him for your own misunderstanding.

Wrong. Goodell's numerous press conferences and statements in the press have made him face for player discipline. He chose to position himself that way - not me. Rozelle never did it. Neither did Tagliabue. He created this persona and the perception followers of the NFL have of him.

Does the perception innacurately reflect the actual disciplinary process? Yes. As the CEO of the NFL is it his responsibility to shape, clarify his image and articulate his job function publicy? Absafreakinglutely.

Because he is a poor communicator, he is hurting himself from a PR standpoint.

He is hurting the league from a PR standpoint

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back