PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lions and Packers: will either team go undefeated this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT. Lions and Packers

-Rodgers' mobility will negate that awesome Lions D line surge. Advantage Pack.
-The Megatron allyoop won't work every game....or will it?
-Lions game are must see TV....not too often you get to see dominate physical freaks on both sides of ball
-Pack Lions on Thanksgiving......schedule dinner around that one ..12:30PM

Semi-OT (2007 Pats-related): The Green Bay 19-0 talk has begun

Apparently the Packers are through the worst of their schedule and the next 11 games look very winnable (per radio and internet...I haven't looked at their schedule myself). Would anyone here be jealous if the Pack went 19-0, doing what the 2007 Pats couldn't? What about 16-0 and coming up short in the post-season and being on par with what those Pats did? Is "one helmet catch away from perfection" something to hold onto as a great achievement and you wouldn't want another team matching or exceeding it?

Regards,
Chris

Re: Semi-OT (2007 Pats-related): The Green Bay 19-0 talk has begun

that's a joke they still have to play the 5-0 lions twice and most of there dividion games and they are no where near as domiantaing as the 2007 pats

jealous of what?...hell, I WANT to see a team go 19-0...just to stick a fork in all those aqua/orange idiots that played when a season was 14 games and the players average weights were 25% lighter and 40 times 50% higher.

jealous of what?...hell, I WANT to see a team go 19-0...just to stick a fork in all those aqua/orange idiots that played when a season was 14 games and the players average weights were 25% lighter and 40 times 50% higher.

Amen, Brother!

I respect the Packers a lot, and I've been rooting for Rodgers ever since he took over against the Cowboys in 07. If we can't go 19-0 then I want GB to do it.

Their schedule is ridiculously easy, aside from the Lions games. They have a shot at it, but it's extremely difficult to be ready to play every week. I say they drop at least two more games.

Those division rivals always play each other tough, and the Packers still have five games left.

In addition, @ San Diego, @ NY Giants, Oakland, @ KC (always a tough place to win)

I see some pretty tough games on there.

The '07 Patriots went until week 9 against Indy before coming close to losing; they were beating most teams by 30 points; these Packers have struggled already a couple of times and haven't played anyone tough besides the Saints.

I'm predicting 13-3.

Aaron Rodgers has been playing some otherworldly football but that defense, which is built around the versatility and amazing talent of Charles Woodson, has looked very vulnerable as he's finally starting to show his age. I know they had perhaps their best defensive game of the season last week but the offense is going to have to engage in a lot of shootouts if want to go 19-0.

Would love to see them finish 18-1 with the loss in the SB to the Pats...

Its the nfl, they could lose to the rams.

plus Rodgers will probably miss atleast one game.

The Packers have outscored their opponets by 62 points this season. That ties them for third in the league, as the Lions and 49ers have outscored their opponents by more. They're not even the clear-cut best team in their own division.

After 5 weeks in 2007 the Patriots had outscored their opponents by 182 points.

Obviously, there's a lot more to look at than net points, but it's a great measuring stick. The 2007 absolutely dominated teams and therefore the undefeated talk was warranted. The Packers haven't even separated themselves from the Lions yet.

There will never be a team as dominating as the 2007 Patriots

They have the Rams,Vikings(X2),Chargers,Bucs,Lions(X2),Giants,Raiders,Chiefs,Bears left on their schedule. Give that to the Pats and we could be going 16-0.

The only top team that they will have on their schedule are the Saints. I'm not buying Detroit...2 miracle comebacks and have a suspect secondary.

I for one would be upset. That 18-1 season is just something I won't ever get over.

There will never be a team as dominating as the 2007 Patriots

Through the first half of the season, that is true. But that team dominated nobody when the weather got cold. That team may go down as one of the best of all-time, but let's face it, they were extremely one-dimensional. Brady, Moss, Welker, the passing game. When push came to shove, their running game was nowhere near many of the other great teams of all-time. The Steelers had some HOF running backs. The 49ers had Roger Craig; the Cowboys had Emmit Emith; the Broncos had Terrell Davis. The Pats had Laurence Maroney. Ouch.

For tight ends, think of Jay Novacek, Dwight Clark, Brent Jones, and Shannon Sharpe. We had Ben Watson.

That season was a testament to how great Brady, Moss, and Welker were, but that was a very unbalanced team.

I cant say that I would be happy to see them go 19-0 and yes I would be a little jealous (not so much that they did it but that we blew it) but in the end I dont care if they did it except that I would much rather see them go 18-1 losing to us in the SB.

lets put it this way if they were 18-0 and playing the Jets I am sure as hell routing for the Packers.

Personally, I'm not much for records. If we don't win the SB, then more power to them. While their defense isn't very good, that offense is scary. Watching Rodgers against ATL in the 2nd half was a thing of beauty.

Apparently the Packers are through the worst of their schedule and the next 11 games look very winnable (per radio and internet...I haven't looked at their schedule myself). Would anyone here be jealous if the Pack went 19-0, doing what the 2007 Pats couldn't? What about 16-0 and coming up short in the post-season and being on par with what those Pats did? Is "one helmet catch away from perfection" something to hold onto as a great achievement and you wouldn't want another team matching or exceeding it?

Regards,
Chris

Im ok with them going 16-0. They're not going to go 19-0 though because they'll meet the Pats in the Superbowl and lose. :D

Through the first half of the season, that is true. But that team dominated nobody when the weather got cold. That team may go down as one of the best of all-time, but let's face it, they were extremely one-dimensional. Brady, Moss, Welker, the passing game. When push came to shove, their running game was nowhere near many of the other great teams of all-time. The Steelers had some HOF running backs. The 49ers had Roger Craig; the Cowboys had Emmit Emith; the Broncos had Terrell Davis. The Pats had Laurence Maroney. Ouch.

For tight ends, think of Jay Novacek, Dwight Clark, Brent Jones, and Shannon Sharpe. We had Ben Watson.

That season was a testament to how great Brady, Moss, and Welker were, but that was a very unbalanced team.

I wouldnt say they dominated nobody when the weather was cold

They beat washington at the end of october 52 to 7
They beat buffalo in buffalo November 18th, 56 to 10
they bat the Steelers December 9th, 34-14
and Beat Miami in NE on December 23 28-7

I love the toll and the pressure that going undefeated extolls from a team and coaching staff. If they do 19-0 more power to them. I think not. How can you go 19-0 losing in February to the Patriots? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back