PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lions and Packers: will either team go undefeated this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YearbookCurfew

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Off topic but I wanted to hear from you guys. Do you think the Packers or Lions will remain undefeated this year? Why will they or why won't they?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: OT. Lions and Packers

They both have no shot, IMO. The Lions have already had to come back from 2 TD deficits twice, and next time that happens they probably won't be lucky enough to be playing the Vikings (McNabb) or the Cowboys (Romo). Green Bay's too suspect against the pass. They'll probably finish with the best record in the NFL anyways, but it won't be 16-0.

Unlikely. Injuries will and are already happening. Packers already lost a couple of O-lineman. Anyway, they both have to play each other. And I think they'll split it. So they'll have at least 1 lost each.

Well, one won't because they play each other. The other won't because it's too hard to stay perfectly focused for such a long season.

No, and it has nothing to do with either of those two teams.

It's simply a case of the probability of a team going 16-0 in the salary cap - free agency era being so infinitesimally small. Ever since the Pats went 16-0 far too many seem to expect another team to do the same thing every year, but the reality is that an undefeated NFL season happens about once every thirty years. For people old enough to remember the AFL, it's probably unlikely that another undefeated season will happen in your lifetime.

Besides that, what are the chances of one or the other sweeping when both teams are as good as they both are ... and then even if they did, not have a letdown the following week or a bad week looking ahead?

The Lions definitely won't, the Packers very well might with some luck.

I hope the Packers go 16-0 so we can fly under the radar a lil

The Lions remaining schedule.

Code:
[B]Week[/B] [B]Venue[/B]          [B]Opponent[/B]
06   Ford Field     San Francisco
07   Ford Field     Atlanta
08   Mile High      Denver
09   Bye
[B]10   Soldier Field  Chicago[/B]
11   Ford Field     Carolina
[B]12   Ford Field     Green Bay[/B]
[B]13   Superdome      New Orleans[/B]
14   Ford Field     Minnesota
[B]15   Coliseum       Oakland
16   Ford Field     San Diego
17   Lambeau        Green Bay[/B]

Packers remaining schedule.

Code:
[B]Week[/B] [B]Venue[/B]          [B]Opponent[/B]
06   Lambeau        St.Louis
07   Mall America   Minnesota
08   Bye
[B]09   Qualcomm       San Diego[/B]
10   Lambeau        Minnesota
11   Lambeau        Tampa Bay
[B]12   Ford Field     Detroit[/B]
[B]13   Metlife        NY Giants[/B]
14   Lambeau        Oakland
15   Arrowhead      Kansas City
16   Lambeau        Chicago
17   Lambeau        Detroit

You'd think the Packers will be closer to 14-2 and the Lions closer to 12-4ish. Both good performances that should see them in the playoffs.

Last edited:

I could see Detroit losing 6 games. With all due respect, their toughest win was Dallas I believe and they were handed that one. Schedule gets much tougher

I think the packers have more of a shot, but I don't really think it will happen. It's just such an enormous test of endurance to be able to pull that off. With the parity that exists in the NFL today, any team can truly win on any given Sunday.

The Lions are pretty young. They will win games they shouldn't, AND lose a game or two that they shouldn't. And they have some tough tough opponents, not that GB doesn't, but I think it's a little tougher on Detroit.

But hey anything is possible in this game, that's why we love it right?

Last edited:

I think the packers have more of a shot, but I don't really think it will happen. It's just such an enormous test of endurance to be able to pull that off. With the parity that exists in the NFL today, any team can truly win on any given Sunday.

The Lions are pretty young. They will win games they shouldn't, AND lose a game or two that they shouldn't. And they have some tough tough opponents, not that GB doesn't, but I think it's a little tougher on Detroit.

But hey anything is possible in this game, that's why we love it right?
No disrespect to the current Packers but the 2007 Patriots were a better side than the current Packers. They couldn't go through an entire season undefeated so I doubt the Packers can.

Last edited:

No disrespect to the current Packers but the 2007 Patriots were a better side than the current Packers. They couldn't go through an entire season undefeated so I doubt the Packers can.

And no matter how good you are, you will ALWAYS lose a game that you shouldn't. The Pats should have lost vs the Ravens that year. All of the stars have to align and fate has to be on your side. Like a previous poster said, I wouldn't expect another undefeated season for at least two or three decades, if that. 17-0 has only been achieved once (well for the final record at the end of a season), and with an added two games it just becomes that much more difficult.

Last edited:

Packers schedule is laughable.

Yeah I agree but that doesn't mean that they can't do it. And i firmly believe that game was a heartbreaking fluke. I think the 07' Pats beat the 07' Giants 9 out of 10 times.

Don't get me wrong though I also highly highly doubt they do it. Just The fact that these two very good teams play each other twice, and maybe even again in the playoffs, greatly reduces their chances of a perfect season.

And if either team were to do it, I would hope it was the Lions. That's too much of a feel good story.

Packers have a greater chance.

The Thanksgiving day game looks to be the highest rated Turkey day matchup of all time.

Both teams might be undefeated at that time....Detroit might have a tougher road though.

Yeah I agree but that doesn't mean that they can't do it. And i firmly believe that game was a heartbreaking fluke. I think the 07' Pats beat the 07' Giants 9 out of 10 times.

Don't get me wrong though I also highly highly doubt they do it. Just The fact that these two very good teams play each other twice, and maybe even again in the playoffs, greatly reduces their chances of a perfect season.
I think the Packers have a real chance to go undefeated through the regular season. A lot of that depends on how they match up with Detroit and the Chargers at Qualcomm.

Either way it all matters for naught when Brady collects Lombardi number 4 this season. :p

Last edited:

Yeah, no disrespect to lions fans, but I don't see them coming to the SuperDome and pulling that one off, unless we have major injuries, like we did with Dallas in 2009. Lions DL hasn't faced a OL like the Patriots or NO, we could both nullify their effect, our WR/TE stable is better with 6 vs there 2 good WR's, then theres the run game , coaching, Lions bad OL, Brees vs Stafford, etc.. Im just not seeing it right now. Plus they play NE after, and I just don't think the Lions are better than GB right now. And Atlanta is getting desperate, they will throw the entire kitchen sink at the Lions to win, they are losing our division, they have to.
I can see the Lions at 9-7. I mean if Megatron goes down where is their depth?

Last edited:

Off topic but I wanted to hear from you guys. Do you think the Packers or Lions will remain undefeated this year? Why will they or why won't they?

One of them certainly won't! They have to play each other twice!

Afc teams will beat them..NFC is weak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back