PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lines for week 1 are out - Patriots biggest favorite

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
http://www.betus.com/sports-betting/NFL_2006_A_look_into_the_Futures-2756.asp

Buffalo Bills at New England Patriots (-8)
The biggest favorite for Week 1 right now? That’d be the New England Patriots, who are coming off a disappointing 2005 campaign that saw them fall short of another Super Bowl title. The Pats will be taking on the division-rival Bills in their opener, and Buffalo has yet to even settle on a starting quarterback for the season (J.P. Losman is the frontrunner). Barring a camp injury to Tom Brady, don’t expect this line to move much.

Since when is it a "disappointing" season to win the division and a home playoff game?

There was a time not too long ago when that was considered really good.

Certainly considering the a##-rape of a schedule and the comedy of errors at Denver, this was a downright heroic performance.

disappointing 2005 campaign ?
mah...

It's JULY 5, not September 5!

(Is Vegas that bored?)

I didn't see anything wrong with the disappointing label, we'd won 2 straight SB so not getting to the Champiobnship Game in the AFC was certainly a disappointing season. It's just nice that we're at the point where that's a disappointing season.

Agree with B-Fan - last year WAS disappointing. The Patriots hold a higher standard. Fine with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
All things considered, we had a ton of obstacles to overcome with personnel changes, injuries and a tough schedule, and we still made it to the divisional round, to only beat ourselves for once. We simply did not catch any breaks last year, and we still did ok. Not that disappointing IMO.

Just think, if we can field a healthier team than last year, we have a better coaching staff (to hell w/ Mangini) and an easier schedule to contend with - another SB run is definitely in the cards.

I'm surprised the Pats aren't double digit favorites for their season opener. I'll bet they will be come Week 1.

Interesting odds on Rookie of the Year. Considering the following odds:

R. Bush +150
S. Holmes +450
D. Williams +450
M. Williams +800
M. Leinart +1100
V. Young +1500
J. Cutler +2500

I'm curious to know the odds for Laurence Maroney and Chad Jackson (or the 'field' odds if there are no odds posted for these two players). Might be worth a gander......................

What does OFF mean? The Dolphins vs. Steelers line is OFF, just curious what that means. I would think the Fins would be considerd under dogs going into Pittsburgh.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
What does OFF mean? The Dolphins vs. Steelers line is OFF, just curious what that means. I would think the Fins would be considerd under dogs going into Pittsburgh.

It means they don't know if the starting QB's will be Culpepper and Rothlisburger or Harrington and Batch.

In other words there are to many injury questions at this point to determine a legitimate spread. So they do not take bets on that game.

I was disappointed when we lost to Denver but not disappointed with the team after all the injuries.

What's the line/odds for Rodney making it back for the first game.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye