PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Linebackers in Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
morris was overmatched inside

Adalis Thomas would be a great addition. But would you give a big contract to a player about to be 30 years old? He is going to ask for big money, and I'm sure the Ravens will tag him. London Fletcher-Baker would be a good choice.

Adalis Thomas would be a great addition. But would you give a big contract to a player about to be 30 years old? He is going to ask for big money, and I'm sure the Ravens will tag him. London Fletcher-Baker would be a good choice.

now that i know Briggs is probably not interested, Fletcher would be a good choice. Im not to high on Thomas.

Last edited:
Thomas may be a player the Pats make an exception on their not paying too much for a player. Yeah, he is going to be 30, but he is the epidomy of a Patriot. He is versatile being able to play the 3-4 and 4-3 and every LB position and even some DE. He is big. He has proven he isn't just a product of playing next to Ray Lewis (Briggs although probably a great player without Urlacher has yet to prove it). He is #1 on my free agency list.

I was always a little unsure about Briggs' size for our defense. I wasn't sure he could fit into our system since we look for larger LBs. Now that he says he doesn't want to be in a 3-4 defense, we can cross him off our list.

What about Cato June and Rob Morris? Aren't they going to be FAs in March? June is small, but Morris is about the right size for NE, and he has played both inside and out, and will be cheaper than June.

The only way I would want June on our team is as a Strong Safety. Since he will ask too much to experiement a change to safety, I think I will pass.

The Pats did look at Morris last offseason. Maybe this is the year they decide to pull the trigger.

Jarret Johnson from Balt would be my pick......Good value,smart and who knows might be the next Vabrel:D

Kawika Mitchell and carlos Polk are my two favorites so far.

Sounds like we have lots of possibilities. Maybe this year BB will pull the string right away, as he did with Colvin.

Sounds like we have lots of possibilities. Maybe this year BB will pull the string right away, as he did with Colvin.

As long as both Piloi and Bill agree on a player. When both came into the organization in 2000 someone leaked that their highest rated player to go after was Jon Runyan but they couldnt because the cap was so bad and thus they came to an agreement about not overpaying for players.

How about Junior Seau's last hurrah with the Pats.:rocker:

Only thing that I worry about if we go after a lesser LB in terms of experience (lets say Jarret Johnson), is that he doesnt turn out to vrabel and becomes a monty beisel. At a position that really needs an upgrade, I'd love a sure thing, like a Thomas. I believe colvin is and was younger than thomas when he signed here, is that right?

edwards won't be released because he's a UFA

he'll be signed somewhere, he wants top ilb money which is crazy

i don't know where you guys are getting your info from but he's an unrestricted free agent

wooooo
did someone catch dabruinz being wrong????
i gotta pinch myself

Thomas may be a player the Pats make an exception on their not paying too much for a player. Yeah, he is going to be 30, but he is the epidomy of a Patriot. He is versatile being able to play the 3-4 and 4-3 and every LB position and even some DE. He is big. He has proven he isn't just a product of playing next to Ray Lewis (Briggs although probably a great player without Urlacher has yet to prove it). He is #1 on my free agency list.

I was always a little unsure about Briggs' size for our defense. I wasn't sure he could fit into our system since we look for larger LBs. Now that he says he doesn't want to be in a 3-4 defense, we can cross him off our list.

kinda how i feel too
plus, i heard adalius has even lined up at corner before!!!
is this true??

What about Cato June and Rob Morris?
Those two clowns are severely overrated. It's obvious that safety Bob Sanders is the difference maker in the Colts defense.

Those two clowns are severely overrated. It's obvious that safety Bob Sanders is the difference maker in the Colts defense.

well cato june is a decent coverage linebacker isnt he?
im not 100percent sure so help me out if im wrong
altough hes pretty undersized

well cato june is a decent coverage linebacker isnt he?
im not 100percent sure so help me out if im wrong
altough hes pretty undersized

cato june is a cover 2guy. he weights 225..he gets dragged and misses tackles in a cover 2..in a 3-4..he would get run over more than beisel

cato june is a cover 2guy. he weights 225..he gets dragged and misses tackles in a cover 2..in a 3-4..he would get run over more than beisel

Yeah Cato June= bad idea in this defense. He would probably have a better shot at playing safety here.

i heard from a Bengal fan saying Justin Smith isnt a "3-4 player"

Smith said it himself hes not..or doesnt want to me. he said it when there was speculation of Bengals going 3-4. I guess he doesnt want to be a 3-4 guy or doesnt like it..but Greg ellis of Cowboys said t he same and he started LOVING IT

Just Smith is near a "no" for us unless he changed his mind and would play in 3-4

I believe colvin is and was younger than thomas when he signed here, is that right?
Colvin is currently one month younger than Thomas. In an amazing coincidence, when colvin signed with the Pats, he was also one month younger than Thomas. However, if the Pats sign Thomas next spring, Thomas will at that time be one month older than Colvin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back