PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Linebackers down the Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
As stated by others, Belichick believes that the college systems don't prepare LBs for his style of defense. So he doesn't like to draft them.

The good news is there are several good LBs who will be free agents next offseason and we are flushed with money. Everyone will be going after Lance briggs if he isn't franchised, but the guy I might want more is Adalius Thomas in Baltimore. The guy has 3-4 experience and in his third straight year with 8 or more sack (second straight year with 9 or more after today). He is a big LB at 6-2 and 270lbs that Belichick likes. He pretty good in coverage and against the run too.

Another guy we might want to go after is Bryan Thomas. Yeah, don't laugh. But the guy is having a breakout year now that he has converted to OLB in a 3-4.

I believe Belichick will continue to acquire free agents to rebuild the LB corp. This looks to be a good year to pick up a LB or two via free agency. The only problem is that it looks to be a better year for OLB than ILB and ILB is obviously our bigger need.

As stated by others, Belichick believes that the college systems don't prepare LBs for his style of defense. So he doesn't like to draft them.

The good news is there are several good LBs who will be free agents next offseason and we are flushed with money. Everyone will be going after Lance briggs if he isn't franchised, but the guy I might want more is Adalius Thomas in Baltimore. The guy has 3-4 experience and in his third straight year with 8 or more sack (second straight year with 9 or more after today). He is a big LB at 6-2 and 270lbs that Belichick likes. He pretty good in coverage and against the run too.

Another guy we might want to go after is Bryan Thomas. Yeah, don't laugh. But the guy is having a breakout year now that he has converted to OLB in a 3-4.

I believe Belichick will continue to acquire free agents to rebuild the LB corp. This looks to be a good year to pick up a LB or two via free agency. The only problem is that it looks to be a better year for OLB than ILB and ILB is obviously our bigger need.

McGinest and Bruschi were DEs we convertedto LBs. To save time I don't say DE/OLB conversion in every single post, but it can be assumed.

I'm mostly talking about pass rushing DE/OLB athletic players.

Bryan Thomas has looked very good, that would be a nice theft from Mangini. :D

I would bring Seau back next year if he wants to come back, then draft a rookie to slowly bring along behind him and transition him in. You figure Briggs and Cato June(a bit small) are gonna get big money. Thomas and Thomas should get decent money. It would be funny to steal bryan thomas from the jets. I just pray they address the lb and secondary issues. The defense is playing awesome despite all the injuries. The could be record breaking next year with some additions.

This team will go only as far as the offense carries them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back