PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Linebacker - scouting the prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Box, you shouldn't have gone through all that trouble. There just didn't seem like this year was as good as last. But maybe it just seems like that to me.
To my mind the top prospects are pretty much the same kind of mix as last year, the difference seems to be the number of later round/UDFA kids who could be brought on as projects. NE is projected to be looking at 4 late round comp picks, and I believe they already have at least 3 picks in those rounds...coincidence? :confused2:

Last edited:
A Fish blog discusses Miami OLB issues while trying to figure out how to fit Miami players into Mike Nolan's version of the 3-4, then they turn to discussing various 3-4 OLB prospects in the draft.

Breaking down Dolphins draft: Outside linebackers

Seems the Dolphins may be interested in the same prospects discussed often here. One comment I took note of regarding Brandon Graham is the thought that his arms, at 30", may be too short for him to effective. He was compared to Trevor Laws who has short arms and in 2 yrs Laws has had limited playing time and his game has not translated well to the NFL.

Via Twitter, Universal Draft reporting that Ricky Sapp played 2009 at 65% due to recovery from ACL surgery. Claims he will be 100% at combine.

Twitter - Universal Draft
Reports that Ricky Sapp played 2009 at around 65% due to ACL recovery. Says he'll be 100% for Combine

Last edited:
Seems the Dolphins may be interested in the same prospects discussed often here. One comment I took note of regarding Brandon Graham is the thought that his arms, at 30", may be too short for him to effective. He was compared to Trevor Laws who has short arms and in 2 yrs Laws has had limited playing time and his game has not translated well to the NFL.

Yeah, I've been following some of the Fins boards and a lot of their projections cross with ours. This could be a problem if there's a guy BB really wants in the first round.

Via Twitter, Universal Draft reporting that Ricky Sapp played 2009 at 65% due to recovery from ACL surgery. Claims he will be 100% at combine.

Twitter - Universal Draft
Some more information...
Sapp, a borderline first-round prospect, didn't miss a game as a senior but reportedly played at only 65%. His initial rehab was apparently not handled right by Clemson and resulted in Sapp dealing with quadriceps problems in '09. This explains Sapp's pedestrian senior-year numbers (five sacks, 15 TFL). He is expected to be at or near full speed by next week's Combine.
2010 NFL Combine: Player?s Continue to Prepare 2/16

What do you think of Worilds a 3-4 OLB?
I don't recall watching him play, his write-ups seem positive, we'll need to watch for his fluidity in LB drills at the Combine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes