PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Limping to 4-4 and then on to the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This team is hurting at the moment. We could go 6-2, but I think 4-4 is more realistic. One game a time! I seem to recall a 5-5 team that did pretty well.

We need to be ready to go for Game 7. Three division games in a row make this essential.

SOME THOUGHTS

We need a lot people to be fully healthy
Maroney, Jordan, Lew Sanders, Meriweather, Neal, Green and whoever else. I doubt that Hobbs is at 100%.

We will benefit when Wheatley and Wilhite have a bit more game experience.

We will benefit when our QB can make one more read, and/or when the OC and coach can develop better game plans for Matt. We will benefit when Matt has more time practicing and playing with the #1 unit. The timing will be better. I seem to recall another QB who needed the playbook rewritten for him in his first few games.

We will benefit when Dante and the OL realize what needs to be done differently to work with Cassel at QB.

And we will benefit when Belichick, Pees and Capers develop better game plans. We used to be able to disguise coverages and even who was going to be on the line. Or was that all left over from Romeo? He seems to remember the schemes.

Maroney, Jordan, Lew Sanders, Meriweather, Neal, Green and whoever else. I doubt that Hobbs is at 100%.
The problem is our bye is gone. We aren't likely to get more healthy the rest of the way.

I think mg is taking an antithesis of belichick track and suggesting we ignore the next two opponents and prep for the teams that matter...LOL

This team is hurting at the moment. We could go 6-2, but I think 4-4 is more realistic. One game a time! I seem to recall a 5-5 team that did pretty well.

We need to be ready to go for Game 7. Three division games in a row make this essential.

SOME THOUGHTS

We will benefit when Wheatley and Wilhite have a bit more game experience.

We will benefit when our QB can make one more read, and/or when the OC and coach can develop better game plans for Matt. We will benefit when Matt has more time practicing and playing with the #1 unit. The timing will be better. I seem to recall another QB who needed the playbook rewritten for him in his first few games.

We will benefit when Dante and the OL realize what needs to be done differently to work with Cassel at QB.

And we will benefit when Belichick, Pees and Capers develop better game plans. We used to be able to disguise coverages and even who was going to be on the line. Or was that all left over from Romeo? He seems to remember the schemes.

I remember that 5-5 team also but their quarterback was named

Tom Brady.

:)
We shouldn't ignore our next three opponents (even you ignored the rams). One game at a time is clearly the correct approach. I dind't ignore them. I indicated that 1-2 was likely.

However, as Parcells taught us all, the first goal is to win the division, and that makes division game doubly important. And results in a stretch of three division game in a row can make or break the season.

I think mg is taking an antithesis of belichick track and suggesting we ignore the next two opponents and prep for the teams that matter...LOL

I remember that 5-5 team also but their quarterback was named

Tom Brady.
Man, just think what that team could have been if Bledsoe had come back - SB babeee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back