Welcome to PatsFans.com

Limbaugh gets Shatnered on

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Shatner: If you have money, you're going to get health care. If you don't have money, it's more difficult.

Limbaugh: If you have money you're going to get a house on the beach. If you don't have money you're going to live in a bungalow somewhere -- that's -- that's...

Shatner: Right, but we're talking about health care.

Limbaugh: What's the difference?

Shatner: The difference is we're talking about health care.

Limbaugh: No...

Shatner: Not a house or a bungalow.

Limbaugh: You're assuming that there's some morally superior aspect to health care than there is to a house or a bungalow.

Shatner: No, not moral at all. I want to keep the subject for the moment on health care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpx-hG1uaiA&feature=player_embedded

He asks him aboiut Healthcare, and Limbaugh talks about a house on the beach....

here Kitty-kitty

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Seems to me that Limbaugh was making the point that in our society, people with money will have access to things people without money will not.

Why that seems to confuse you, I have no idea.

3. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Seems to me like Limbaugh is talking in circles, and has no clue what he is talking about. It seems to me that he is so far removed from the day to days of the average american, the fuker wears leather shoes with no socks and white pants.

Shatner makes a point that is unarguable. Yet you followers of such twisted thought seem to draw a conspiracy out of giving people healthcare. A thing that EVERY other nation has done...

Watch the clip for more....

4. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

Let them eat cake...........:rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

EVERY other nation? Really? How's the health care plan in Ethiopia these days?

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +815 / 26 / -33

Can never understand how anyone can just defend the most influential person in the Republican Party, on something that is indefensible .... wonder how his pilonidal cyst is doing??

I would make a wild guess that in his family no one has ever gotten sick without health insurance.... and probably there are not a lot of "bungalow" dwellers...

Classically shows his view of how the world works...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +773 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Ethiopia's problem is a lack of physicians and health care workers as well as growing population pressure on agricultural and pastoral land, soil degradation, and severe droughts that have occurred each decade since the 1970s leading to a lack of food for it's citizens and a growing malnutrition problem.

Be that as it may, these days even Ethiopia has government sponsored univeral health care.

In 2003, the government launched the Health Extension Program which will provide universal primary health care coverage by 2009

Health in Ethiopia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +552 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I think "some" liberal democrats actually believe that liberal democrats are superior debators. It's a very common misconception that has no grounding in reality at all. It's more wishful thinking than anything.

Now, I'm not saying that Shatner wasn't making more sense than Limbaugh in this case. It's just a general statement.

Let's take for example any debate centered upon those with money vs. those without. People will often assume the person arguing for those without is more moral and righteous, but that would be a grave mistake because it's false.

9. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -0

Rush is proof that sometimes when you say too much, you end up saying nothing at all.....

10. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +552 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

In my opinion, Limbaugh is a class "A" dope.

Not that Shatner is a political wiz...but at least he doesn't pretend to be one either.

11. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

No question. I never listen to him.

12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +815 / 26 / -33

Even though people do not listen from this board, in reality he is one of the top rated of all time.. and know quite a few folks who believe everything that he says... do not forget he is rated "most influential" amongst conservatives...

13. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +552 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Yes, but conservative does not = Republican
    Just as liberal does not = democrat

14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +815 / 26 / -33

Most of the conservatives I know, and would be willing to bet that most on this board, who affiliate themselves with conservatism.. vote Republican.

The last election, even though he promised he would, he did not "anoint" anyone...

15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Really???
    You're comparing - not contrasting- Ethiopia and the United States?

Really?

16. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +552 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I agree most conservatives are republican and at the same time, most liberals are democrats. But conservatives don't necessarily make up the majority of republicans just as liberals don't necessarily represent the majority of democrats.

I'v always hated the way some people think republican/conservative and democrat/liberal are interchangeable...they're not.

If someone says "Liberals believe X" or "conservatives believe Y", neither is a statement about democrats or republicans.

17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,120 / 3 / -10

All republicans are not conservatives but "most" conservatives are republicans.

All democrats are not liberal but "most" liberals are democrats.

Nobody will believe this but I am not a registered Republican I used to be a Democrat I am a "Union Man" the Democrats of my day were Patriotic, Flag Waving, God Fearing Americans who stood by the average WORKING MAN then they allowed the Far Left Wing Hollywood Wife Swaping Types, the Real Batty Loony Liberals to take the party over and that is when I moved out, I didn't really leave them "THEY LEFT ME" I am now an independent and I vote democrat many times in Local Elections but I don't have any of those Rotten Democrat Bastards In Washington on my conscience and especially the man The New Democrats consider to be their "Human God" that we now have to call our President (it is now becoming embarassing to watch him f-ck this country up) he just sent 30,000 troops to war and the Loons are going to give him The Nobel Peace Prize........:singing:

18. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +552 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

You and my father would get along great. That's the beauty of the older generations Harry. Guys like you help us understand our history so we can learn what we did right and wrong.

If I was born when you were, I'd long for the days gone by too!

19. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

maybe it would've helped him if I said every other INDUSTRIAL nation...Oh my...

Its funny...in a thread about how a conservative misses the point by detouring the argument....we get the comparason of Ethiopia to the US, classic.......truly classic.

Hopefully conservatives don't develop Rush's debate skills....or his CANKLES...barf

20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Unless you were black, gay, or female, of course.

I find myself getting nostalgic once in a while, like when I see pictures of ballgames filled with men wearing hats and kids playing outside without grownups watching them, but it wasn't so good for everyone, don't forget.

But yeah, I wish things could be simpler, for sure. I wish I could change a water pump on my Dodge or go to the doctor and get a cut stitched up in his office or my kids didn't have to wear helmets on their bikes.