PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Likely to meet the Jags 2 out of 3 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Looks mighty likely that unless Cincinnati really ends the season poorly that we will be taking on the Jags twice in 3 weeks as I expect us to be #4 seed,Although after today and the past several weeks you wonder if we even deserve to be that high and the way Jax took Peyton and Company to town today I wonder if we would be better off with Cincy - If I was not a Patriots fan and semi-biased I would definately put Cincy and Balt as better teams and us at a #6 seed,but we lucked out in the crap division and thank the lord for that or we would be in trouble to even scratch the end of the teams going to the playoffs.

Unless other things happen,the AFC looks to be just about ready for likely playoff seeding - most likely scenerio barring any major surprises is....

1 - San Diego (A lock for #1)
2- Indianapolis (Will probably win out although you wonder now with 3 losses in 4 games)
3- Baltimore (In my opinion Baltimore is a better overall team than Indy and deserves #2 but I don't think they will get it)
4 - New England - A mediocre team at this point in an even poorer division gets them at #4 - possibly the worst looking playoff team in 2006 unless they DESTROY the remaining 3 opponents in the regular season (A lock at #4 also in my opinion)
5 - Cincinnati - Playing better than most teams right now at the end of the year- Definately will not be buried again if they play us,I am not crazy about the possibility of playing them again.
6 - Jacksonville - The 5-6 seed may actually be determined when Jax plays us - I think this is where Jax ends up though,although #5 seed is still a possibility if they win out.

Most Likely Out of playoffs The Jets,Kansas City and Denver - All 3 teams needed wins today-did not get them- blew their 2006 campaigns as well IMO

Are you accounting for the Tennessee game? The way they're playing, that one is no shoe-in.

Are you accounting for the Tennessee game? The way they're playing, that one is no shoe-in.

I assume you are referring to the Patriots playing Tenn? - It does not matter if we win there,As being lucky to be in this division we are even more lucky to be in the playoffs - not deserving and 1 and done looks inevitable at this point,but fate is on our side with worse teams than us in the division we are fortunate to be in,thus playoff bound guaranteed...The Jets will NOT win the division and won't make the playoffs either - If I had hated the Patriots I would have said the same thing,they will win the division and crawl in on hands and knees - 10-6 could win this pathetic AFC east.

Looks mighty likely that unless Cincinnati really ends the season poorly that we will be taking on the Jags twice in 3 weeks as I expect us to be #4 seed,Although after today and the past several weeks you wonder if we even deserve to be that high and the way Jax took Peyton and Company to town today I wonder if we would be better off with Cincy - If I was not a Patriots fan and semi-biased I would definately put Cincy and Balt as better teams and us at a #6 seed,but we lucked out in the crap division and thank the lord for that or we would be in trouble to even scratch the end of the teams going to the playoffs.

Unless other things happen,the AFC looks to be just about ready for likely playoff seeding - most likely scenerio barring any major surprises is....

1 - San Diego (A lock for #1)
2- Indianapolis (Will probably win out although you wonder now with 3 losses in 4 games)
3- Baltimore (In my opinion Baltimore is a better overall team than Indy and deserves #2 but I don't think they will get it)
4 - New England - A mediocre team at this point in an even poorer division gets them at #4 - possibly the worst looking playoff team in 2006 unless they DESTROY the remaining 3 opponents in the regular season (A lock at #4 also in my opinion)
5 - Cincinnati - Playing better than most teams right now at the end of the year- Definately will not be buried again if they play us,I am not crazy about the possibility of playing them again.
6 - Jacksonville - The 5-6 seed may actually be determined when Jax plays us - I think this is where Jax ends up though,although #5 seed is still a possibility if they win out.

Most Likely Out of playoffs The Jets,Kansas City and Denver - All 3 teams needed wins today-did not get them- blew their 2006 campaigns as well IMO

doesnt the 4th seed play the 5 seed ? i think we get cincy...

doesnt the 4th seed play the 5 seed ? i think we get cincy...

Yes you are right..That was my mistake - But its still possible we will meet Jax in 2 out of 3 weeks - Definately Jax and Cincy are the wild cards - The other teams in the WC hunt now have little to no chance - THIS IS YOUR FINAL AFC 6 TEAMS,FOLKS

Even though I dont want to play them in 2 weeks, we do match up better with the Jags.. So the colts and Jags are 2 teams I would not mind seeing,but lets worry about Houston first, then Jax, and then Tenn..

If I was not a Patriots fan and semi-biased I would definately put Cincy and Balt as better teams and us at a #6 seed,but we lucked out in the crap division and thank the lord for that or we would be in trouble to even scratch the end of the teams going to the playoffs.

Crap division? Last year yes. This year no. I believe my numbers are correct, No division in the NFL has more wins than the AFC East.
AFC
East-28
North-28
South-28
West-27

NFC
East-26
North-23
South-25
West-23 unless MNF ends in a tie

Maybe they are not A SB team this year, but they will be the division winner, they will get at least one home playoff game and once the playoffs start anybody can get on a roll. You only need look back to last year to prove that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes