PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lightbulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldEnglandPatriot

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
How many Pats fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

7 to wail that the lightbulb can never be replaced and the room will never be the same

12 to repeatedly call those 7 'chicken littles' over and over again

15 to say the lightbulb had been fading for a couple of years and needed too much electricity

9 to say that they have a funny feeling the lightbulb will be back (and say nothing when it actually gets screwed into a fitting in another room)

14 to point out that a 100watt lightbulb went last year and a 40watt lightbulb was brought in cheaper

8 to say we don't need a lightbulb at all

36 to say that the electrician knows what he is doing, he has always dealt with previous lightbulb issues effectively

89 to suggest various other brands of lightbulb that might be available

25 to say there is no need to get another lightbulb in March

19 to point out that there are two of the best lightbulbs in the world in other rooms, so it doesn't matter if this room is a bit dark

OEP - Priceless !!

OldEnglandPatriot said:

7 to wail that the lightbulb can never be replaced and the room will never be the same

15 to say the lightbulb had been fading for a couple of years and needed too much electricity

9 to say that they have a funny feeling the lightbulb will be back (and say nothing when it actually gets screwed into a fitting in another room)

14 to point out that a 100watt lightbulb went last year and a 40watt lightbulb was brought in cheaper

36 to say that the electrician knows what he is doing, he has always dealt with previous lightbulb issues effectively

19 to point out that there are two of the best lightbulbs in the world in other rooms, so it doesn't matter if this room is a bit dark

Good stuff. Very well done. Perfect satire.

SoonerPatriot said:
Good stuff. Very well done. Perfect satire.
It was satire ?? ?? ?? ;)

Last edited:
arrellbee said:

Yep. Sure is.
According to dictionary.com

Satire: A literary work in which human vice or folly is attacked through irony, derision, or wit.

SoonerPatriot said:
Yep. Sure is.

Satire: A literary work in which human vice or folly is attacked through irony, derision, or wit.

This definition should be a sticky. It might help one or two people on the board from getting into trouble with our, oops I mean their, posts. :p

How many Pats fans does it take to change a lightbulb? Well, to plagiarise an answer, it depends on whether the lighbulb really wants to stay in the room.

SoonerPatriot said:
Yep. Sure is.

sar·casm (särkzm)
n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
3. The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1.

OldEnglandPatriot said:

I don't get it. :confused:

len_mullen said:
sar·casm (särkzm)
n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
3. The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1.

Satire and sarcasm can be used effectively to show people that a viewpoint is over the top or silly. Laughing at ourselves is incredibly important and I am the first to say that those give it should be able to take it. Taking onesself to seriously is a very dangerous flaw. It is also important to acknowledge that satire and sarcasm can offend or cause distress. I, for example, have apologised for making comments that have offended others.

Seymour93 said:
I don't get it. :confused:

Don't worry. Your country of birth hampers you in that respect. :D

In Electricians We Trust!

I always found it easier to change the lightbulb if the room was spinning first!

So, your trying to say that I should have been screwing in the lightbulbs instead of pushing them in.

No wonder they never worked. I can get rid off all of those candels now.

Thanks.:rocker:

gomezcat said:
Don't worry. Your country of birth hampers you in that respect. :D

arrrrrffff :D

arrellbee said:
SoonerPatriot said:
Yep. Sure is.

The 'irony' of it is that my post was indeed satire in itself. Did you miss that ? Did you miss the 'wink' smiley ? :)

Hint: This post is a very mild form of 'sarcasm'. ;) Edit: Make that 'good natured' sarcasm. Anybody got a definition on that ?? ;)

Last edited:
arrellbee said:
The 'irony' of it is that my post was indeed satire in itself. Did you miss that ? Did you miss the 'wink' smiley ? :)

Hint: This post is a very mild form of 'sarcasm'. ;) Edit: Make that 'good natured' sarcasm. Anybody got a definition on that ?? ;)

Yes, they Knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing