PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Light, Mankins injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't this you earlier..........."Alright, i am done with this team.

Merry christmas everyone."

So what are you doing here? In the end they won so Now your back on the Band Wagon?...pathetic....Merry Christmas.

yes that was me.

I am sorry, but i expect nothing but perfection from this patriots team. I am sick of one-and dones. SICK OF IT

yes that was me.

I am sorry, but i expect nothing but perfection from this patriots team. I am sick of one-and dones. SICK OF IT

Hang in there, man.

Expecting "perfection" is ridiculous, especially from this version (2011) of the Patriots team. Perfection will not be found this yr, or any yr to be honest.

I agree that there are many flaws, but this team has shown us some pretty big balls when it mattered, unlike a lot of NFL teams when they get behind 17-0 and had one of the worst halves of football in yrs.

We're all sick of the one and dones, let's root like hell for that #6 seed, so that we can avoid BAL or PIT in the first game; but more importantly, remember that there's no reason to torture yourself by being so harsh on the team.

It won't save you from the heartbreak that you'll feel with a playoff loss, even as much as you're "trying to protect yourself." Stand behind your squad buddy, even through the worst of times.

It's okay to get pissed off and question some of the decisions (we ALL do), but don't EVER give up on your team again. You've got to be a better fan than that, especially in a somewhat meaningless week 16 game vs Miami. Losing this game would not have been the end of the world.

Merry Christmas. Hope to see you back here, enjoying yourself. There aren't many Sundays left, and it's an awfully long off-season.

Remember that the defense was giving up approx. 18 pts a game at home (that number changed with the 24 pt output by MIA today). That's a big difference from the 23.5 pts a game allowed on the road. If they can hold their opponents to the early 20's, we've got a decent shot at going to the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
Replay of play where Mankins got hurt looks like possible MCL in his left leg.

Damn, Tunescribe...

Why don't we just jump to the bad side of the spectrum? ;) I'm glad you're not MY doctor. I'd come in for a stomach ache and you'd be recommending surgery!

Hopefully, the reports of game attendees' seeing LM wanting to return is a bit closer to the truth, and 2 weeks of rest allows him to get somewhat healthy for a 2 game run, with an additional 2 weeks off....

That's the winning formula. 2 weeks rest, 2 games, followed by an additional 2 weeks rest. :rocker:

Right from the announcement of the starting OL I had concerns with the decision of the line up. With Light out the simple decision was to shift Soldier over to LT as he has had success at that possition already and start Connon at RT, as he has done well there also. That way the interior three have not changed in consistancy. By moveing Mankind out to LT ( a possition he has not played since college) and starting Thomas at LG (a possition he has never played ) the entire continuety of the left side was off and we were beat on that side the entire time we played it that way. Their was much more success with Soldier LT, Thomas LG, Connolly C, Waters RG, Cannon RT. This would have been even better if Mankins were in for Thomas at LG. They over thought the problem obviously looking for a way to keep the most experienced players on the field, but erred in considering most experienced at each possition. The one major mistake was moveing Mankins to LT with much better alternatives available causeing another weakness at LG. With good backups at T why shift the interior of the line around and put players out of possition.

1) Mankins LT, Thomas LG, Connolly C, Waters RG, Soldier RT.
2) Soldier LT, Manking LG, Connolly C, WatersRG, CannonRT.

Which line up looks more natural to you?

Just my oppinion...

Last edited:
vollmer was seen on crutches and a walking boot last week. he ain't coming back any time soon.

Unwise, it is, assumption, you make..

Matt Light had a walking boot and crutches earlier in the year and was back the next week.

Unwise, it is, assumption, you make..

Matt Light had a walking boot and crutches earlier in the year and was back the next week.

Yes, but look where Light is today. Reinjured.

Still, I expect Light and Mankins to hobble back in a few weeks injured or not. Same for Spikes. Vollmer and Chung are more worrisome for me. Not too many foot injuries keep a guy out as long as Chung, then this week he says he has good days and bad, so not completely healed. Off season surgery could be in the offing there. Vollmer has foot and back injuries of unknown nature, teh back a season long thing. Would be great to get them all back in a few weeks, but seems unlikely.

They've got 3 weeks to rest, hopefully neither are too serious.

I also hope we finally sit BJGE for a game and give him the full 3 weeks too. His foot clearly needs a break, Ridley/Woodhead/Faulk/Vereen should be fine against Buffalo. BJGE at the form he was in for the first Jets game would be huge in the playoffs with Ridley and Woodhead as change of pace backs. But who knows if he'll get back to that.

Damn, Tunescribe...

Why don't we just jump to the bad side of the spectrum? ;) I'm glad you're not MY doctor. I'd come in for a stomach ache and you'd be recommending surgery!

Hopefully, the reports of game attendees' seeing LM wanting to return is a bit closer to the truth, and 2 weeks of rest allows him to get somewhat healthy for a 2 game run, with an additional 2 weeks off....

That's the winning formula. 2 weeks rest, 2 games, followed by an additional 2 weeks rest. :rocker:

I certainly hope that's not what it is, I just reported what I saw. His knee was hit on the outside and bent inward.

Right from the announcement of the starting OL I had concerns with the decision of the line up. With Light out the simple decision was to shift Soldier over to LT as he has had success at that possition already and start Connon at RT, as he has done well there also. That way the interior three have not changed in consistancy. By moveing Mankind out to LT ( a possition he has not played since college) and starting Thomas at LG (a possition he has never played ) the entire continuety of the left side was off and we were beat on that side the entire time we played it that way. Their was much more success with Soldier LT, Thomas LG, Connolly C, Waters RG, Cannon RT. This would have been even better if Mankins were in for Thomas at LG. They over thought the problem obviously looking for a way to keep the most experienced players on the field, but erred in considering most experienced at each possition. The one major mistake was moveing Mankins to LT with much better alternatives available causeing another weakness at LG. With good backups at T why shift the interior of the line around and put players out of possition.

1) Mankins LT, Thomas LG, Connolly C, Waters RG, Soldier RT.
2) Soldier LT, Manking LG, Connolly C, WatersRG, CannonRT.

Which line up looks more natural to you?

Just my oppinion...

The obvious answer is that they think highly of Thomas at guard, rather than consider him a weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back