PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Light has a knee injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a surprise.
Light didn't practice the whole preseason.
He hasn't been right since 2006.
I call him," Light skates".Everyone pushes him back, easily.

We have no depth? Yates and LeVoir were not the problem in the last game. It was the three probowlers who had the bad game.

Our second line is Britt, Yates, Hochstein, Ross and Levoir
All have started. This is the definition of depth.

And that doesn't count our #11 Connolly who look OK in the pre-season and presumably will be on the Practice Squad in a week or two.

I doubt that very many teams have any better depth. What we need is some performance out of our stars.

We also need better play from the TE's and QB. They do make the situation worse.

The offensive line is way too thin, we have no depth, and our TE's are below average blockers.

So, who plays tackle for us if Light and Kaczur can't play?

Didn't you hear? The Pats re-signed Kenyatta Jones.

Is there a deep class of OL (specifically OG) coming out in the next draft?
OT and OC are considered deep in this class, with OG about average. That said, I think some of the people grading the class are too easily impressed by size and not much at looking at film.

I expect Britt to start if Light can't go, Levoir was never a LT in college and played mostly on the right side. I thought LeVoir did fine when I focused on him, but I've always thought Kaczur was okay (and a better LT than RT). Ross may or may not get activated to back up at OT - they could also bring Bender up from the Practice Squad - he played LT in college before the Jesters tried him at OG.

We have no depth? Yates and LeVoir were not the problem in the last game. It was the three probowlers who had the bad game.

Our second line is Britt, Yates, Hochstein, Ross and Levoir
All have started. This is the definition of depth.

And that doesn't count our #11 Connolly who look OK in the pre-season and presumably will be on the Practice Squad in a week or two.

I doubt that very many teams have any better depth. What we need is some performance out of our stars.

We also need better play from the TE's and QB. They do make the situation worse.
Is Ross on the 53?? Didn't see that move anywhere...

Neal and Ross are both eligible to practice this week and be activated.

Is Ross on the 53?? Didn't see that move anywhere...

what we need a bad blocking TE who can actually take on a DE in screen and pulling plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes