PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Life without Revis and McCourty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we just agree that losing both of them would be an unprecedented colossal failure of upper management?

No

Revis is one of, if not the best CBs in the NFL, but you cannot go on a New Orleans Saints spending spree and blow up the salary cap to make a CB the highest paid player on the team.

I'm no deep strategist but I'm terrified of the future here.

The Patriots win, it seems to me, through complex, sometimes brilliant game plans; mistake-free play; excellent execution; hard work; teamwork; unselfish play; great personal character; and unusually smart, adaptive players. There just aren't that many players who can do well in this kind of a system, and it usually takes a while for new players to adapt to the Patriots system.

Ayers, Branch, LaFell, Stork, Collins, Butler, Revis, Blount

You know what the plan is for life without DR and Dma?. Its root for the team the same as you did, watch ever play and enjoy that 20 million or so in salary somewhere else or with some other player on the team. Because I can guaranteephuckingte you they will spend to the cap like every year. BTW, that means leaving a cap reserve of 6-8 million for unseen problems during the year.

Some of you are such whiny babies. As if those two arent back the team should fold.

Ayers, Branch, LaFell, Stork, Collins, Butler, Revis, Blount
Yep, plus all the other guys who came in and meshed with the system right away.

The Chicken Littles are in maximum overdrive.

Now that we've reached the point of very possibly losing both players, the ostriches can take their heads out of the sand and join the discussion. An apology to the OP from some of you might be in order also.

My hope is that Revis stays. Somehow they reach a deal. Maybe incentive loaded.

My hope is they can find a way to keep one of them, I dont believe both will be here in the end. Now dont flame me but think about it, the defense this year was the best it has been in a long time but...statistically they were not a top five defense overall. In many of the cases the defensive statistics were outside the top 10. I know statistics dont always give the big picture. But I am confident that even if both leave that BB will find FA's to help fill the gaps, we still have Browner as an example. I believe the real reason they wont the SB this year is because our offense was finally healthy for the first time in 4-5 years. The NFL wants it this way, defenses are going to continue to get the short end of the stick. The Pats will be ok. I thought Butler did a great job when he was on the field in the SB...kid has potential.

I was hoping for a chance at a repeat and thats still a possibility. The fact that we have stayed competitive in the salary cap era is amazing in itself. I hope they find a way to keep revis and add some pieces. If it takes restructuring or cutting players like big vince then so be it.

Welp, pack it in folks we as fans have no right to feel disappointed in anything this team may or may not do. Hell Brady's stock is higher than its been in years, lets trade him away and get the Jimmy G era started. What, you mean you have a problem with that? CHICKEN LITTLE

JFC I'm not talking about jumping ship if we don't resign every one of our players but we as paying customers have a right to be concerned IF something as impactfull as Revis leaving happens.

Apparently you haven't been following the pats long enough to know what a true failure of management is. In the Billy Sullivan era of ownership the Pats lost the best cornerback ever to play for the Pats Michael Haynes over money. In the 90's the Pats lost Parcells and Curtis Martin and turned over the team to the incompetent Booby Grier who turned a Superbowl team into a loser despite having a multitude of draft picks. While losing Revis would be a serious blow and McCourty a lesser and more replaceable loss, you assuredly underestimate the capability of BB in putting together a defense.

I don't know how citing arguably greater failures of upper management would diminish this potential failure of upper management.

Welp, pack it in folks we as fans have no right to feel disappointed in anything this team may or may not do. .
Great, feel disappointed and then get over it and next man up.

if revis and mccourty are not here, it will be interesting to see how the pats spend since they underspent by 7M last year and need to make up for it

if revis and mccourty are not here, it will be interesting to see how the pats spend since they underspent by 7M last year and need to make up for it
Did they go the year 7 under the cap?

Welp, pack it in folks we as fans have no right to feel disappointed in anything this team may or may not do. Hell Brady's stock is higher than its been in years, lets trade him away and get the Jimmy G era started. What, you mean you have a problem with that? CHICKEN LITTLE

JFC I'm not talking about jumping ship if we don't resign every one of our players but we as paying customers have a right to be concerned IF something as impactfull as Revis leaving happens.

Disagree with the homers all you want. God knows they're not right anywhere near 100% of the time, and that's despite being homers for the best team of the last 14 years.

If Revis/Dmac leaves it will not be good. I am more concerned on why or the circumstances.

If they leave because of chasing the money and some team offers them some rediculous contract then whatever. If they leaves for an amount that was attainable and reasonable and the FO screwed it up and did not try then either they had a better plan or were idiots.

I am all for criticism of the FO as long as it has context. Whether to exercise Revis's 2nd year is up to each poster to decide if that was a good move.

I think at least one will be here and the team will still be very competitive.

Maybe Bill thinks that Butler and Harmon can fill those positions well enough. We'll see.

Butler won us the superbowl but i am not ready to see him as our starting corner on the outside. Imo

Disagree with the homers all you want. God knows they're not right anywhere near 100% of the time, and that's despite being homers for the best team of the last 14 years.

Lmao someone who cries wolf hundreds of times every year is trying to criticize the people who rightfully believed in this team all along . This is like Borges crowing about his consistently wrong takes on the Patriots. Deus sh.t all over this team and then tried to act like he believed in them all along when they won it all. Talk about full of sh.t, this takes the cake. Unbelievable.

Butler won us the superbowl but i am not ready to see him as our starting corner on the outside. Imo

I'd like to see Revis there also, but I don't see the Pats paying him enough to keep him here. There's a reason he's called Mevis.

Butler played well for many more plays than the last one. He also made some contributions during the season. I thought it was kind of odd when I watched the NFLN replay of the SB recently and McCourty is giving a pre-game speech where he singled out Butler with a slap to his shoulder and some encouragement. Apparently, Butler isn't a secret among the players..

I dont know what happened with dennard last year but I hope he has a bounce back year. I always liked him when he came out of college. He can play press coverage. I dont wanna give up on him.

All of you who were crying about the chicken little tone of this "stupid, stupid, stupid thread" now have chicken little egg on your face.

I say both players are gone. Neither will want to take less money to stay here.

Is it ok now to talk about what might happen without them, or will that upset all of Belichick's Elves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back