PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Life is good when your Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drewwho said:

Brady re: Branch is like T.O. 2005 about himself? This Patrick Hruby kid could be the posterboy for how pathetic sports journalism has become.

Oh yeah, "Brady did the same thing that T.O. did - - why is everybody giving Brady the benefit of the doubt?" That's so stupid it could make the reader's head explode.

Whether it was about Brady or an athlete I don't like, as in Barry Bonds, a column this far off from reality represents ESPN taking a bowel movement on the heads of its readers. It's basically dissing the reader in general with inanity.

Last edited:
That was one of the most worthless hack job writings I have ever seen.

Sentance three in his quote of Brady "Give him what he wants" never was even said.

So essentially, what this writer (and I use the term beyond loosely) is suggesting, Is that Terrel Owens and Drew Rosenhaus's media circus and wanting to renegotiate one year into a contract that had him the 3rd highest paid player at his position for that year, is the same as Brady saying that Deion is a great receiver and the most important to his offense, and that BB and Pioli are the best at what they do????

This guys lack of comprehension of reality seems phschotic, or borderline mental illness to say the least.

An equivilant comparison would be to somehow say Tom Cruise jumping around on Oprah's couch is the same as a family sitting down for dinner. That is the caliber of this person't comparison.

The only thing that the Brady/Branch story has in common with the TO/Rosenhaus story is that there's a WR holding out.

Tom or Deion neither one are in an all out FUED or media war with management, or more importantly ANY TEAM MATE.

TO's nonsense last season is the furthest thing from either Tom or Deion's actions. Silly fluff piece.

Come on...this article was tongue and cheek and pretty funny!

Drewwho said:

I didn't think it was funny. I'm not upset about it or anything, but the SI story has already been called out for being misquoted and intentionally misrepresenting Tom's words and feelings on the topic, so this new ESPN piece is clearly poking fun at Tom's image based on things that were already outed as untrue and incorrect.

Drewwho said:

The second part was, the first part definitely wasn't. If he did the second part by itself, well OK - - It's cliched and unoriginal (the Bruschi saving the cats from a tree thing last year). But the guy is completely serious in that first part comparing the Brady and TO actions. Delusional amateur.

Made no sense to me, thought it was stupid.

shmessy said:
The second part was, the first part definitely wasn't. If he did the second part by itself, well OK - - It's cliched and unoriginal (the Bruschi saving the cats from a tree thing last year). But the guy is completely serious in that first part comparing the Brady and TO actions. Delusional amateur.
My thoughts exactly. As I was reading through the first part, I kept thinking... wait, Page2 is supposed to be satire, this guy is being serious (and a serious jackoff). Maybe that's why when I finally got to the satire part, it just didn't seem funny in the least.

The fact that that guy shares the same page2 on the same website as Bill Simmons proves without a doubt that ESPN.co is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

I vote stupid too.

Right now Drewho is poring over the column muttering to himself "OK, what did I miss?".

Just kiddin' babe. If you enjoyed it and felt it made some good points, I'm happy for you. Really.

shmessy said:
Right now Drewho is poring over the column muttering to himself "OK, what did I miss?".

Just kiddin' babe. If you enjoyed it and felt it made some good points, I'm happy for you. Really.

Well, just for good faith, I went back to read it, still think it's funny and not necessarily untrue!

I thought the second part was pretty funny, how many people would kill for the charmed life our quarterback lives? Knowing he's worthy of it probably kills most male sports writers-can't blame them for taking a shot at him now and then, I'm pretty sure he can handle it.

Drewwho said:
Well, just for good faith, I went back to read it, still think it's funny and not necessarily untrue!

That's cool, babe. You've been a good sport.

Last edited:
Patrick Hruby said:
He skipped the first few practices.
Here's a picture of Brady from the very first day of camp:

ImgDyn.cfm

Pretty impressive for a guy who skipped the first few practices.

Bullsh*t!

If this isn't a Borgesesque attempt of a smear on player who in no way shape or form deserves it, I don't know what is.
This guy clearly has a bug up his as@ for Tom.

I hope the guys at Cold Hard Football Facts get a hold of this poor excuse for a sports column and gives this Hruby(Hubris?) a good verbal smackdown.
One that would make the Prisco smackdowns look lame.
He deserves it.

Page 2 is for the opinion writers, whether humorous (Simmons, Gallo) or serious (Skip Worthless, Hruby)... and when I mean serious, I mean seriously bad. The team never released a statement saying he had a "dead arm," that was the media speculating. He attributes "quotes" (which he never quotes, just italicizes) to Brady that Brady never said. Tom himself said that the interview with SI was overblown.

Media sensationalism, in both the interview and this response.

Last edited:
A lame article at best. How do these clowns get steady work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes